what the hell is this bs

As much as I agree that such a damage inconsistency is ridiculous and not good for the game, if the char you're talking about is that cospri's assassin of yours .... you have 12% chaos resistance total before Atziri's promise, which means that if it isn't up, you take about twice much damage as somebody who has and okay chaos resistance value.

So, as much as it feels unfair, you took a lot more damage than if you had even as few as one good chaos resistance roll on one piece of gear.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
As much as I agree that such a damage inconsistency is ridiculous and not good for the game, if the char you're talking about is that cospri's assassin of yours .... you have 12% chaos resistance total before Atziri's promise, which means that if it isn't up, you take about twice much damage as somebody who has and okay chaos resistance value.

So, as much as it feels unfair, you took a lot more damage than if you had even as few as one good chaos resistance roll on one piece of gear.

fair point
but if i crush a boss and am at full life how is it sensible that after he dies i die to poison from my FULL life pool + 3 flasks
thats just absurd if i was a low dps build that took forever to kill and he had time to stack a fuckton of poison maybe sure but he didnt
the only way for me to avoid this in my specific situation would be to play the hardcore way and just logout during that time
which is the only correct decision i could have made and didn't
what does that say about that game that logging out was my only option with my current gear?
sounds fucking dumb to me

yes i could change my pantheon people are right i prob should have (even though ive done this on this exact char dozens of times without this issue) but I beat the boss with ease. Ended the fight on FULL life AND full hp flask charges and STILL die? AFTER i kill him?
im sorry thats stupid no matter HOW you look at it
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Last edited by RitualMurder on Nov 13, 2019, 2:56:10 AM
Such a situation definitely seem pretty stupid to me too, too much inconsistency with mob's dmg output can only lead to frustration, unnecessary frustration imo.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Don't really see the problem tbh. Poison is dot damage, dot's don't care whether the source is alive or not, so you dying to it after the boss is dead is completely normal.

And as far as the amount of damage is concerned, his attacks are mostly designed to give you as much stacks as possible. One full brunt of his gatling alone does the job. Guess you were just "unlucky" in the sense that he was able to get 1 attack off while you were bursting him down.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Nov 13, 2019, 3:16:42 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Don't really see the problem tbh. Poison is dot damage, dot's don't care whether the source is alive or not, so you dying to it after the boss is dead is completely normal.

And as far as the amount of damage is concerned, his attacks are mostly designed to give you as much stacks as possible. One full brunt of his gatling alone does the job. Guess you were just "unlucky" in the sense that he was able to get 1 attack off while you were bursting him down.

i understand the poison and dot mechanic thats fine
but doing THAT much dmg is just absurd if i was a lower hp or lower dps char where the fight too a while and i accumulated many poison stacks or a char that had ended the fight on less than half life and i died to poison i would not be here bitching right now
full life to 0 with 3x flask uses when he had almost no time to stack poison this makes no sense to me
if his poison is so strong that 1 stack melts me in a few seconds he should absolutely decimate most players that arent poison immune or use a flask (hopefully they dont run out of charges)
One of the other guardians, the fire one, always one shot all my charachters every league with that mega fire dot.

If i played hc i would bring a fire immunity flask for that one and a poison immunity flask for the poison guardian.

I agree it's bs that bosses can kill you after they are dead. All effects like that should be removed when a boss is dead.
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 15, 2019, 3:24:19 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
One of the other guardians, the fire one, always one shot all my charachters every league with that mega fire dot.

If i played hc i would bring a fire immunity flask for that one and a poison immunity flask for the poison guardian.

I agree it's bs that bosses can kill you after they are dead. All effects like that should be removed when a boss is dead.

i rarely die to any guardians unless i do something stupid
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

I always die to the fire guardian even if i don't do anything stupid. The fire dot kills me immediately even with a heal flask up.

Sound like you have much better charachters than me. That's good. It shows that you know how to make good builds and strong charachters.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

I always die to the fire guardian even if i don't do anything stupid. The fire dot kills me immediately even with a heal flask up.

Sound like you have much better charachters than me. That's good. It shows that you know how to make good builds and strong charachters.

he only kills me if i try ot facetank on the wrong char otherwise hes no issue
none of them are as a rule
"
kompaniet wrote:

You're supposed to dodge that attack, that's the reason why it kills you. The dot applies a -50 res debuff for a few seconds, on top of the - max res you get for damaging the boss. It's possible to tank it though, you just have to stack enough res to counter the debuff. Put a Loreweave on top to neutralize the max res debuff and the attack will do nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info