Scourge Arrow, CI, Raider.

Played duo deep delving with a glass cannon CI SA build this league (Scion, not raider, but exactly the same dex stacking idea), so I have a bit of insight into how they function despite not having played one myself.

It's really a game of bruteforce at the very low depths.

You slowly follow the cart, freezing and shattering everything with one shot. You of course achieve this by having absurd DPS. Without accounting for the health boost from having two party members, we were comfortably sitting in the several millions range of tooltip dps.

If you die then you just try it again until it works.

Don't expect to just slap on whatever gear you want and immediately be able to deal with 1000+ depths either. Probably a little on the high side as we went with an unorthodox approach to our builds, but our gear cost in the range of 2 - 3 mirrors to make / acquire.

There's a lot of small tech to learn which helps keep you alive as well, the most important of which is understanding where to stand when clearing a node. The correct option is usually to throw a flare outside the node, and shoot SA into the node rather than risk being one shot in the middle by a projectile. You can also use flares while following the cart to give you some breathing room to clear a nasty looking pack of mobs ahead without being forced to run into them.

There are other things to learn as well, but these are better documented elsewhere as previously explained in this thread.

The main thing to take away is that you need to change your mindset to play a glass cannon deep delving build. It's not like anything else this game has to offer, and the playstyle is slow and methodical as opposed to the usual frantic dash through maps.

The simple answer to your original question is that you shatter enemies which prevents ground effects (Except fungal caverns zombies but that's why you have CI), and you either dodge/evade projectiles or die. That's it.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
Last edited by Zionyaru on Nov 13, 2019, 6:05:15 AM
Hi there,

GreyLensman is right. You should try to improve your Jugg for deeper delve (unless you want some extreme delving)

I have taken a look at your Jugg character and you have plenty of room to upgrade survivability.

There are some tips:

- Drop Unyielding and allocate Unerelenting
You will loose a bit of AoE and damage but you have problem with survivability.
It gives you an extra flat phys, chaos res per EC and reduced ele damage at max EC!
This is important! -- all sources of reduced damage are additive = stackable.
(Unbreakable, Unrelenting, Fortify, Nebuloch´s reduced ele damage taken per EC etc). More you get better!

- You need to drop some minor nodes and allocate more interesting passives such as

Rampart, Stead fast = Improved fortify! (as mentioned above fortify will stack with other sources of reduced damage for great mitigation)
(just note that fortify mitigates "hit damage" not DoT)
- it also gives you armour and damage (you should keep high armour for MS)
You need to rebalance resistances but you have too much fire res anyway.

You can improve life with Constitution (good effectiveness per point spent) eventually.

Play with PoB and try different pathing and see the results.

Gearing:
Kaom's Roots Titan Greaves with +1 EC (an extra EC is the key for Nebuloch build)

Stygian wise belt - you can get with ele damage, higher life, flask management etc
Better jewels - life, damage, stats/res to balance eventually.

If you want to push it harder you can get Pride jewel for an extra fortify effect (you can get up to 50-60% effect of fortify but 20-30 is fine too) but it´s not an easy task to get the right jewel).
You can get an extra effect of fortify on helm (up to 25%) too eventually.

Wise Oak - you need to balance resistance quite hard but it will give you an extra 10% reduced ele damage taken and/or penetration (all balanced resistances are the best but very hard to balance).
There´s also Crystal skin but it´s a bit far away.
Use Pantheon to fit your weaknesses.

You can reach good mitigation level with rather small changes and decent investment (check in PoB).

You could also improve damage with enchant or offensive auras (Anger, Herald of purity) + Watcher´s Eye (with Anger)
Herald of purity gives nice amount of damage alone so think about putting Flammability on cwdt setup but it´s up to you.

Gl Exile:)
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 13, 2019, 8:01:59 AM
Lots of good points, thanks.

I guess I need to just keep trying. If you check my Jugg from Synth league, I kinda got stuck in the same position (tho with better gear overall, nice belt, balanced wiseoak, etc.)

If I spec into some more mitigation (e.g fortify nodes) i'll have to drop some damage nodes, leaving me with even more trouble vs' rares. So idk.

Pretty sure 450~ is about where I got to in Synth too.
"
Chalace2 wrote:
Lots of good points, thanks.

I guess I need to just keep trying. If you check my Jugg from Synth league, I kinda got stuck in the same position (tho with better gear overall, nice belt, balanced wiseoak, etc.)

If I spec into some more mitigation (e.g fortify nodes) i'll have to drop some damage nodes, leaving me with even more trouble vs' rares. So idk.

Pretty sure 450~ is about where I got to in Synth too.

It´s really worth the effort. You can double or triple your mitigation (improve your EHP) compared to your current level (or even more if you want to push it)

You should be able to facetank these rares.
I have made a quick tree to demonstrate improved mitigation.
https://pastebin.com/StQwT9tK

To achieve this level of damage mitigation you need Pride jewel + Helm (with increased fortify effect) to get 50% increased effect (you can get up to 50-60% from jewel alone theoretically but it´s quite impossible) in combination with Wise Oak (just the jewel is quite fine, check the results)
If you want to push it harder allocate Crystal skin (Annoitment CS on amulet; allocate Whispers of Doom)

MS/VMS is not calculated there (see calcs and damage taken).

Damage should be improved (+1 EC from boots, Rampart gives nice DPS boost), I also added Herald of Purity, linked BR with enhance.
You can also try to add Blood and Sand and/or Banner to boost DPS

You can add Wave of Conviction if you have place for an extra fire debuff!
You can keep Flammability on CWDT or cast it manually on tough rares.
You can´t kill them as fast as glass canons but you will survive.
They will die sooner or later anyway (unless regen mod -- but there´s frost bomb eventually).

The only problem might be a bit of life degen but I think you should solve this with
Elder belt with this mod: (16–20)% increased Life Recovery rate
It will boost your life recovery and deal with degen!
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 13, 2019, 9:37:04 AM
I have 4% left to do on my witch (After dying 8 times at 99 I REALLY want this done), then I'll have a proper go on the Jugg.

Never really bothered buying gear, always just farmed/made my own, but I guess that is holding me back a fair bit. I have about 50Ex lying around atm.
"
Chalace2 wrote:
I have 4% left to do on my witch (After dying 8 times at 99 I REALLY want this done), then I'll have a proper go on the Jugg.
Never really bothered buying gear, always just farmed/made my own, but I guess that is holding me back a fair bit. I have about 50Ex lying around atm.

You have collected nice gear then.
Well if you want to min/max your character buying a gear is the easiest way to go.
You can apply some changes without buying a gear but some items are extremely hard to obtain (or balance Wise Oak) in SSF mode.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 13, 2019, 9:44:48 AM
"

Now you've got me going on trying a Jugg CP build. My Chieftain does 1.5M+ shaper with maybe 3 ex in gear, including Oni. Would be interesting to see how that ports to Jugg. Fast foils are another option for higher cost. I know you want to keep your Nebs; I'm just wondering what an optimal Jugg CP build would look like. (Or maybe it's not CP, but I kind of like the mobility.)
"
Rakiii wrote:
Helm (with increased fortify effect)

Can you elaborate on this? Is it a lab enchant, or?
Last edited by Chalace2 on Nov 13, 2019, 11:11:53 AM
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

No it´s a delve suffix (of the Underground; 15-25% effect) from Dense fossil used on strength based helm.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 13, 2019, 12:36:24 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

No it´s a delve suffix (of the Underground; 15-25% effect) from Dense fossil used on strength based helm.

Ah, OK. Thanks.

Still, 2% to go! But ill have a go at crafting one tomorrow. I have 120~ Dense fossils gathering dust. Just need a base.

And I did just quickly craft a better belt. 55%~ (ele+fire) damage and decent life with res and open suffix. Not great, but a nice damage boost over what I'm using atm.
Last edited by Chalace2 on Nov 13, 2019, 2:55:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info