LEAGUESTONES

Can we get them back please?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leaguestone

My fondest memories of POE are from league where these were available, this was so much fun....Why are they not a thing ever since?

Please can I/we have them back for next league?

Thanks!
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2019, 4:16:44 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
While the idea of legacy league was good, the implementation (leaguestones) was a a pain in the arse for a similar reason that the "rewards" from Synthesis (fractured items) were annoying as ****.
I'd love to see them alternating new leagues with an updated version of Legacy. As 3.X has shown, too much "new" isn't good for the game. The production pace is outpacing player's interest.
"
Llama8 wrote:
While the idea of legacy league was good, the implementation (leaguestones) was a a pain in the arse for a similar reason that the "rewards" from Synthesis (fractured items) were annoying as ****.

I don't see how: they dropped randomly and you activated them for their effects that were later ripped out and stuffed on map rolls and Zana...unlike with Synth, where you needed matching base types and certain locked mods to get a desirable result that you still needed to craft and thus could be destroyed and your time wasted.

At worst the implementation was shallow...
They would have to work on the interface a bit. You should be able to queue up stones for activation when one runs out, and you should be able to toggle off the activation of stones for areas that you are just rushing through.
We have scarab now, so we don't need leaguestone anymore.
"
RonY_Warrior wrote:
We have scarab now, so we don't need leaguestone anymore.

Yep.
Scarabs are triple nerfed, the parody on leaguestones. Can say this.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
I don't see how: they dropped randomly and you activated them for their effects that were later ripped out and stuffed on map rolls and Zana...unlike with Synth, where you needed matching base types and certain locked mods to get a desirable result that you still needed to craft and thus could be destroyed and your time wasted.

At worst the implementation was shallow...

Because they just built up and didn't stack (& IMO the inventory is too small anyway, but that's another kettle of fish), and any low level leaguestones you'd accumulate while levelling were pointless (alts notwithstanding).
Unless you went into the section of the UI that managed them, you wouldn't see how many more zones they would last.
If you wanted to run specific mods you'd have to keep track of how many areas you'd been in, how many more zones each leaguestone had left, etc.

It just felt like the implementation was cumbersome. Maybe if you could queue them up, or select a number of league effects you wanted to have & they would be pulled from your stash automatically that would be better, I don't know. Or if you selected the league effects you wanted & they used a non-corporeal resource you collected like sulphite. *shrugs*

Again, I liked the idea of being able to run previous leagues, especially being able to choose which ones you wanted to run.
Thanks all for comments on this thread!

I'd be happy to buy a special stash tab for leaguestones and with idea that 3 of the same give 1 better it would eliminate the complaint that they got useless at later stage.

Suppose with some more great thinking devs could also allow to queue them and what not... Anyway i still feel it was great addition and seeing that they are already developed as items with all the coding required and they work great I feel there is not so much effort required to get them back.

Any devs could chip in how the GGG Feels about them please?
For my opinion, Standart and Hardcore permanent leagues should be made Legacy leagues.

Playing random mechanics from old leagues is fun (and gettin' legacy loot too). Inability to return and try the old leagues is annoying as hell to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info