Repeated Disconnects

"
Vortionn wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
I am not trolling, you are the one doing that.

You posted a WinMTR report and I have replied to that report.
You were not happy with that reply and tried to argue that your radio streaming worked perfectly even though that system uses a differant communication profile then PoE.
However @Magnumaniac also agreed with my reply to your WinMTR report.

<Deep breath>
Okay... Let's try this again.
1. Line 2 may not be ideal, but it did not show any change when disconnect occurred.
2. Line 2 is not the worst line, where-as the worst line actually DID change when disconnect occurred.
3. You offer no analysis outside of the fact that the local ISP connection is bad.
4. You could suggest that if 1 is bad then all downstream activity is affected, but that is flawed by the fact that there isn't linearity in the connections, shown by the fact that there are lower pings and lower packet loss on subsequent jumps.
5. You offer no suggestion to refute the fact that the worst and most obviously problematic line is at fault, but rather just get upset that someone dares question your faulty/ill-defined logic.

EITHER OFFER ACTUAL TECHNICAL SUGGESTIONS, OR RECUSE YOURSELF FROM A CONVERSATION YOU ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO PARTAKE IN.

EDIT: Here's a new WinMTR Report. https://pastebin.com/hQANeug6

So from your first WinMTR report we see this -->
10.34.156.1 - 2 | 3250 | 3213 | 5 | 12 | 193 | 7 |

From your second WinMTR report we see this -->
10.34.156.1 - 1 | 10136 | 10045 | 5 | 8 | 62 | 7 |

So that node is the connection between your house and your ISP network.
Both reports shows some kind of packet loss starting here and some latency spikes.
So why don't you want to investigate why this is happening with your ISP?

From all the replies I have seen from GGG about cases like this, their reply was the same --> fix local issues before coming to us.
So since both your reports shows "a local issue", we are at an impass.

So what I would do was this -->
1. Check to see if there is a firmware update for your ISP modem/router device.
2. Have the settings in it confirmed by the ISP.
3. Ask them why there is packet loss starting there.
4. Try a line reset --> turn of the ISP modem/router for minimum 30 minuttes and turn it on again.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
4. Try a line reset --> turn of the ISP modem/router for minimum 30 minuttes and turn it on again.

1. I checked and there was a firmware update for my Router, which I installed.
4. I powered down both modem and router for about an hour and a half (didn't intentionally do it for that long, just turned out that long as I did other stuff around the house). Came back and started up WinMTR, still getting 1-2% packet loss.
2&3. I called my ISP but they were pretty useless. They ran a ping test (which I explained to them probably wouldn't detect a small persistent packet loss since it's just 1 small group of packets, as opposed to a duration test). They said my speeds were fine and that they weren't showing any other problems. They suggested I upgrade my Modem/Router (their standard cop-out), which I'm obviously not going to do for 1-2% packet loss. I had them do a modem reset, but that's basically just going to do the same as power cycling... I asked if they have any higher levels of tech support, they said no.
"
Vortionn wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

1. I checked and there was a firmware update for my Router, which I installed.
4. I powered down both modem and router for about an hour and a half (didn't intentionally do it for that long, just turned out that long as I did other stuff around the house). Came back and started up WinMTR, still getting 1-2% packet loss.
2&3. I called my ISP but they were pretty useless. They ran a ping test (which I explained to them probably wouldn't detect a small persistent packet loss since it's just 1 small group of packets, as opposed to a duration test). They said my speeds were fine and that they weren't showing any other problems. They suggested I upgrade my Modem/Router (their standard cop-out), which I'm obviously not going to do for 1-2% packet loss. I had them do a modem reset, but that's basically just going to do the same as power cycling... I asked if they have any higher levels of tech support, they said no.

Wow that sucks. Well then I think you just have to hope that when Blight is removed, the game will be more stable again because the GGG ISP thing will not be changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info