Repeated Disconnects

Disconnected 4 times over the past 1.5 hours or so. 3 happened within 30 min, then I had a solid hour or so uninterrupted, then disconnected again. Unlike normal game crashes, where I can log back in and go back into my maps, the maps are instead resetting, causing me to lose the mission/map/progress. It's also rolling back XP and items picked up. It's really not fun to play like this.

Used the MTX tool and this is what I gathered.
https://pastebin.com/WGevF4dW

I left it running for a while so everything was beginning to average out, but right when I disconnected, the po1.fcr01.sjc01.networklayer.com line went from 2% loss to 3% loss and the Avrg line went from 33 to 36. Obviously small in terms of averages, but the fact that they changed right when I disconnect indicate that a large single event occurred that may be linked to the disconnect.
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2019, 2:01:09 AM
"
Vortionn wrote:
Disconnected 4 times over the past 1.5 hours or so. 3 happened within 30 min, then I had a solid hour or so uninterrupted, then disconnected again. Unlike normal game crashes, where I can log back in and go back into my maps, the maps are instead resetting, causing me to lose the mission/map/progress. It's also rolling back XP and items picked up. It's really not fun to play like this.

Used the MTX tool and this is what I gathered.
https://pastebin.com/WGevF4dW

I left it running for a while so everything was beginning to average out, but right when I disconnected, the po1.fcr01.sjc01.networklayer.com line went from 2% loss to 3% loss and the Avrg line went from 33 to 36. Obviously small in terms of averages, but the fact that they changed right when I disconnect indicate that a large single event occurred that may be linked to the disconnect.

Looks like you have an local ISP problem -->
10.34.156.1 - 2 | 3250 | 3213 | 5 | 12 | 193 | 7 |

This is the connection between your house and your ISP's network.
WinMTR report shows 2% packet loss starting here and latency spikes up to 193 ms.
I mean... seriously? Completely disregarding the fact that the worst line is po1.fcr01.sjc01.networklayer.com AND that it showed a spike EXACTLY when a disconnect occurred?

I don't know what po1.fcr01.sjc01.networklayer.com corresponds to but my local internet is not the problem. I was listening to live streaming radio on my smart speaker the entire time without any interruption.

I also find it suspicious when companies look for something external to blame rather than admit fault or offer legitimate suggestions for rectifying the issue. Try again.
Yep, HanSoloDK (who has nothing to do with GGG, and is just trying to help you out) is completely disregarding the node you mention as it is completely meaningless when you have 2% packet loss and latency spikes at the first hop - between your router and your ISP.

Now, you can take the advice given or not - that is up to you, but nothing is going to improve until that problem at the first hop in the route is fixed.
"
Vortionn wrote:
I mean... seriously? Completely disregarding the fact that the worst line is po1.fcr01.sjc01.networklayer.com AND that it showed a spike EXACTLY when a disconnect occurred?

I don't know what po1.fcr01.sjc01.networklayer.com corresponds to but my local internet is not the problem. I was listening to live streaming radio on my smart speaker the entire time without any interruption.

I also find it suspicious when companies look for something external to blame rather than admit fault or offer legitimate suggestions for rectifying the issue. Try again.

I was listening to live streaming radio on my smart speaker the entire time without any interruption -->
Live streaming radio are all using a cache buffer system and therefor is not so prone to problems when there is packet loss or latency.

Try again -->
Not really, because it looks like this is a "karma" problem..... (bad people get bad connections.) :=)

Enjoy Exile.
First off, Karma isn't a thing.
"Bad people get bad connections." Grow up.

Second off, when isolating a problem, you identify dynamics, not statics. If one didn't change, and another did, it's a pretty big stretch to focus in on the one that didn't change. A 193 ping max spike that occurred before the disconnect (because, as already stated, this did not change during the disconnect) does not scream "focus here" to me.

That said, I see I shouldn't expect any help from this forum, only trolling. Shouldn't have expected anything else.
"
Vortionn wrote:
First off, Karma isn't a thing.
"Bad people get bad connections." Grow up.

Second off, when isolating a problem, you identify dynamics, not statics. If one didn't change, and another did, it's a pretty big stretch to focus in on the one that didn't change. A 193 ping max spike that occurred before the disconnect (because, as already stated, this did not change during the disconnect) does not scream "focus here" to me.

That said, I see I shouldn't expect any help from this forum, only trolling. Shouldn't have expected anything else.

LOL.

I will continue enjoying PoE on my good connection that doesn't have packet loss or latency spieks. :)
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Nov 10, 2019, 5:02:19 AM
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
LOL.

I will continue enjoying PoE on my good connection that doesn't have packet loss or latency spieks. :)

If you're not affiliated with GGG and have nothing valuable to say, why are you even here? Just go away if you're only going to troll.
"
Vortionn wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
LOL.

If you're not affiliated with GGG and have nothing valuable to say, why are you even here? Just go away if you're only going to troll.

I am not trolling, you are the one doing that.

You posted a WinMTR report and I have replied to that report.
You were not happy with that reply and tried to argue that your radio streaming worked perfectly even though that system uses a differant communication profile then PoE.
However @Magnumaniac also agreed with my reply to your WinMTR report.

Last edited by HanSoloDK on Nov 10, 2019, 3:12:15 PM
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
I am not trolling, you are the one doing that.

You posted a WinMTR report and I have replied to that report.
You were not happy with that reply and tried to argue that your radio streaming worked perfectly even though that system uses a differant communication profile then PoE.
However @Magnumaniac also agreed with my reply to your WinMTR report.

<Deep breath>
Okay... Let's try this again.
1. Line 2 may not be ideal, but it did not show any change when disconnect occurred.
2. Line 2 is not the worst line, where-as the worst line actually DID change when disconnect occurred.
3. You offer no analysis outside of the fact that the local ISP connection is bad.
4. You could suggest that if 1 is bad then all downstream activity is affected, but that is flawed by the fact that there isn't linearity in the connections, shown by the fact that there are lower pings and lower packet loss on subsequent jumps.
5. You offer no suggestion to refute the fact that the worst and most obviously problematic line is at fault, but rather just get upset that someone dares question your faulty/ill-defined logic.

EITHER OFFER ACTUAL TECHNICAL SUGGESTIONS, OR RECUSE YOURSELF FROM A CONVERSATION YOU ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO PARTAKE IN.

EDIT: Here's a new WinMTR Report. https://pastebin.com/hQANeug6
Last edited by Vortionn on Nov 10, 2019, 7:40:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info