[3.10] Cold Static Strike Gladiator - Endgame Map Farmer - Fast & Tanky

Level 100 achieved in Blight SC
Thanks to Komokze for reaching level 94 in Blight HC
Special thanks to Debsii for min-maxing the heck out of the build in Delirium SC (Gear currently on this character

3.9 Changes:
Pristine fossils and maim chests nerfed
Upper end potential buffed with tailwind boots and Saviour sword

3.10 Changes:
Fossils further nerfed
  • "Nearby Enemies have -9% Cold Resistance" on helmets is now from Redeemer's Influence (ilvl 85)
  • "Socketed Attacks have -15 to Mana Cost" on body armours is now from Warlord's Influence
  • Build otherwise unchanged

DISCONTINUING BUILD. 3.11 changes have nerfed crit, dual wield, and static strike (halved duration but more consistent damage).

• 150% Damage Effectiveness (previously 160%)
  • 2 second Base Duration (previously 4 seconds)
  • 50% Phys to Lightning conversion (previously 60%)
  • Beam damage now consistently 40% less (previously 60% less while stationary, 40% less while moving)
  • Now maximum 1 stack & beams hit every 0.32 seconds (previously 3 stacks and beam hit every 0.32 seconds at 3 stacks)

Looks like the reason the duration was cut in half is because you can exert your attack with multiple warcries and all of the beams following the duration will be buffed. This is easily a buff for damage, but a 2 second duration is way too low and will feel really clunky. Still a rip for the build overall.

This is not a low investment or beginner build. I do not recommend it to new players or for league starting with unless you have some experience making currency early on. Single target damage is lacking until you get a few upgrades (see level 87 PoB) at which point the build "clicks". For this reason this makes a great second build and a great companion to a boss killer build.

This build is primarily focused on being able to map extremely fast while having great survivability and therefore pushing high levels. Static Strike is heavily underutilized today. It is mechanically similar to orb of storms while not requiring a second skill for single target damage.

Why Gladiator?
Gladiator is currently in a very good place and has some synergy with Static Strike. Our ascendancy gives us a ton of damage mitigation in the form of endurance charges and block/spell block, and a ton of damage in the form of frenzy and challenger charges. Sand stance from Blood and Sand (10% mana reserved) grants us challenger charges which give us 20% more attack and movement speed. With static strike, movement speed is clear speed, and challenger charges are the only source of MORE movement speed in the game. Sand stance itself will give more range to our static strike beams.

Playstyle
Attack once every 5 seconds to keep up static charge buff but otherwise run around, effectively becoming a walking orb of storms. Phase run whenever you renew the static buff for an extra 30% more damage and 59% increased movement speed. For map bosses, we switch to blood stance, drop a vaal ancestral warchief and hold down our attack button while facetanking. For harder bosses, we swap chain with added cold damage.

Defenses
Block most attacks and spells, and mitigate anything that goes through
  • 50+% attack & spell block (70+% with Rumi's Concoction)
  • fortify (20% reduced hit damage taken)
  • 3 endurance charges (12% phys reduction)
  • Outmatch and Outlast (10% phys reduction)
  • basalt flask (15% phys reduction)
  • wise oak triple res balanced (10% reduced elemental damage taken)
  • Herald of Ice shatters

https://youtu.be/A5aBUg4dVQg
T16 Haunted Mansion + Blight (with boss, no towers used)

+ High survivability
+ Fast and satisfying clear
+ Fantastic delver
- Cannot do elemental reflect maps
- Feels bad without Tribal Fury anointment which is expensive
- Hard to league start with static strike
- Not a particularly good boss killer

https://pastebin.com/hAZKYYcB
Lv73 - Starter Gear
Ichimonjis and Tabula

https://pastebin.com/rmuxQcXS
Lv87 - Mid Game
350 pdps foils, life chest, enchanted helmet, ass mark ring, tribal fury anoint, onslaught jewel

https://pastebin.com/83iHGKmC
Lv95 - Late Game
370 pdps foils with crit, life & mana cost chest, 2 socket tombfist, hatred flat cold watchers eye

https://pastebin.com/TtsX5vt5
Lv95 - Endgame Minmaxed
multimodded foil & paradoxica, base crit & mana cost chest, triple balanced wise oak, corrupted blood jewel, lethal pride, tailwind boots

https://pastebin.com/U9NvGzhs
My character - Level 100 Blight League

https://pastebin.com/CcdUMjsN
My character - Level 95 Metamorph League (soul tether variant)

• Path of building currently cannot calculate dps from the close combat support gem unless you are using localidentity's fork
  • To substitute close combat, you can use a level 30 Damage on Full Life and make sure you have checked the box that says "Are you always on full life?" in the configuration tab
  • More notes in the notes section

Ascendancy
1. Arena Challenger
2. Outmatch and Outlast
3. Painforged
4. Versatile Combatant

Bandits
Help Alira

Pantheon
Major: Arakaali - upgraded with at least soul of Thraxia (from spider lair map t14, need 4 watchstones in Glennach Cairns)
Minor: Shakari

Spoiler

Main 6-Link
20/20 Static Strike
20/20 Close Combat
20/20 Elemental Damage with Attacks
20/20 Fortify
20/20 Inspiration
20/00 Chain -> for single target swap with -> 20/20 Added Cold Damage

4-Link Riposte
20/20 Riposte
20/20 Close Combat
20/20 Hypothermia

4-Link Ice Crash
20/20 Ice Crash
20/20 Multistrike
20/20 Close Combat

3-Link Movement
20/20 Whirling Blades or 20/00 Leap Slam
20/20 Faster Attacks
20/20 Blood Magic (optional)

4-Link CwDT Setup
11/00 Cast When Damage Taken
13/20 Immortal Call
20/20 Increased Duration
01/00 Frost Bomb

Auras
20/00 Hatred
20/20 Herald of Ice
06/00 Blood and Sand
01/00 Precision

Warchief
16/00 Vaal Ancestral Warchief
20/00 Culling Strike (optional)
20/20 Blind (optional)

Phase Run
20/20 Phase Run

Blood Rage (optional)
20/20 Blood Rage

If you use the riposte setup, you will need to swap chain with a damage support in your main 6 link for single target. If you use ice crash for single target you do not need to gem swap, but make sure to keep the static strike buff up for fortify and extra damage.

Awakened elemental damage with attacks is a very small (2-4%) dps boost. Awakened chain is entirely unnecessary unless you are not using the +2 maximum beam targets enchant.

Spoiler
Weapons

• 2x well rolled Ichimonjis (lv 58) or more preferably Scaevas (lv 60)
  • Try to get at least one Scaeva for the main hand, you can take this well into yellow maps

• Eventually you want to upgrade to 350+ pdps foils
  • Upgrade your off hand weapon first if your main hand is a Scaeva
  • If you try to craft your own, Harpy Rapier is the best base
  • Attack speed is worth much less to our build than you may be used to, so prioritize better phys rolls
  • Phys as extra cold (shaper/redeemer) however is a very valuable mod for us. A 300 pdps sword with 10% phys as extra cold = a 350 pdps sword without

• Saviour & Paradoxica also work really well as an endgame option
  • For paradoxica, crit suffix is better than attack speed suffix and blind adds another layer of defense

Body Armour

As much life as possible is our first priority

An Elder/Hunter chest with base attack crit is best in slot for damage

• -15 to mana cost (now from Warlord's Influence!) negates the need for any mana leech, but is not necessary
  • Level 1 maim is a 10% dps boost for this build if you can get it as well (Legacy)
  • Another solid option (not shown here) is a loreweave

Helmet & Enchant

Static Strike has +2 maximum Beam Targets
45% increased Static Strike Duration
40% increased Static Strike Damage

• +2 Beam targets is best but 45% increased duration is nice too
  • -9% cold res suffix is now from Redeemer's influence (ilvl85) so it will now be an endgame goal to craft this helm, until then just craft with pristine or pristine + prismatic for some life and res
  • For endgame, use Redeemer's exalted orb to influence it and then craft with pristine + frigid fossils
  • High life and -9% cold res is the goal here, and as a huge bonus you may also get phys taken as cold prefix

Gloves

Tombfist socketed with a Murderous Eye Jewel for intimidate on hit

Alternatively you can use rare gloves with this temple mod "of Puhuarte"
+(46-48)% to Cold Resistance
(30-50)% increased Damage with Hits against Chilled Enemies

The new hunter glove prefix "Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy" (ilvl 80) can allow you to use a different anointment on your amulet

Boots

Tailwind boots

Fortify boots (if you decide to use ice crash, for a pseudo 5-link)

Bubonic Trail
Another option, but we need the sockets so just using rare boots to cap res may be preferable

Amulet

Rare amulet preferably int base, with life and res/damage
Tribal Fury anointment (Golden + Silver + Opalescent) is best unless you have the hunter glove mod
Other anointment options that all give 7-8% dps boost:
  • Divine Judgement (sepia/teal/black)
  • Blade of Cunning (sepia/azure/silver)
  • Divine Fervour (verdant/opalescent/silver)

Pandemonius is a nice damage boost but it doesn't have any life which we need as much of as we can get

Rings

Important: Try to get accuracy on one piece of jewellery
One t1 mod +(351–480) will be enough

One shaper ring with Assassin's Mark curse on hit

I recommend using your second ring slot to triple balance your resists for wise oak

Alternatively, Mark of the Elder for life and damage

Circle of Fear for res and damage is another option

Belt

Stygian vise with life + res + strength

Headhunter works particularly well for this build as it does with any conversion build

Soul Tether paired with a glorious vanity (doryani, which turns the pain attunement keystone into corrupted soul) makes a tanky variant of this build

Spoiler
Flasks

Seething or Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching

Quicksilver, Diamond and Basalt Flasks
Between these three flasks, you want to get the Adrenaline, Heat and Warding suffixes

The Wise Oak
If you can triple balance your elemental resistances, this flask is best in slot

Lion's Roar
Next best flask if you are unable to triple balance your resistances

Rumi's Concoction
Defensive Option
Will cap out your block and spell block, making you almost immortal

Jewels

Corrupted Blood Jewel
Will allow you to replace your staunching life flask with one of the above flasks

Onslaught Jewel
Try to get 6-8% onslaught chance on one abyss jewel

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/q9lnadWHg
Here is a custom trade search for jewels specific to our build.
Simply click on the "sum" to sort the jewels by dps

Watchers Eye
desirable mods in order of dps:
  • Adds (58-70) to (88-104) Cold Damage while affected by Hatred
  • +(1.2-1.8)% to Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred
  • Damage Penetrates (10-15)% Cold Resistance while affected by Hatred
  • +(30-50)% to Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Precision
  • (40-60)% increased Attack Damage while affected by Precision

Lethal Pride
One of the final items to min/max this build
This jewel adds +2 or +4 Strength to minor passives and adds mods to notable passives
Socket this above the fervour notable on the right side of the tree for 6 allocated notables within radius or next to the Golem's Blood notable on the bottom of the tree for 5 allocated notables within radius
Place jewel in socket and divine until you have at least 5 desirable mods (this can get expensive quickly)

Additive notable mods to look for:
Great
  • 5% chance to deal Double Damage
  • 4% increased maximum Life
  • 10% increased Effect of Fortify on you
  • 20% increased Melee Damage
  • You take 10% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
  • 30% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance
  • +15% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Gain 5% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
  • 5% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage

Okay
  • 5% increased Strength
  • +20 to Strength
  • 1% of Life Regenerated per second
  • +20% to Fire Resistance
  • 20% increased Physical Damage

Useless
  • 20% increased Armour
  • 0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life
  • 20% increased Burning Damage
  • 20% increased Totem Damage
  • 20% increased Warcry Buff Effect
  • 12% increased Totem Placement speed
  • 20% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
  • Ignites you inflict deal Damage 10% faster
  • 10% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold
  • 5% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Kill
  • 10% chance to Intimidate Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit (unless you are not using tombfists, in which case this is amazing)

Spoiler
Cluster Jewels

Unfortunately cluster jewels are inefficient for this build unless we use Megalomaniacs with 2 or more desirable notables. Debsii found that 2x devastators are insanely good for high level delirium content, where it doesn't matter how tanky mobs are since they explode for a huge portion of their life (10% as opposed to 3% from crusader chests). Blanketed Snow, Cold Conduction, Deadly Repartee, and Precise Commander are some other extremely good notables, and you can find the full list here.

Double Curse

Expensive option to squeeze some more damage out of the build. We can use a +1 curse Hunter's chest and tombfists corrupted with elemental weakness on hit.

Glorious Vanity + Soul Tether

We have the option to spend 6 skill points to gain 20% of our maximum life as extra maximum energy shield. We can convert the Pain Attunement keystone into Corrupted Soul by placing a Doryani glorious vanity into the nearby socket. Combine this with a Soul Tether and a betrayal prefix craft on your chest piece (Gain (9–10)% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield), we get an extra 36% of life as extra ES along with overleech, turning 5k Life into almost 7k EHP. The numeric roll on the Glorious Vanity doesn't matter (but you can potentially corrupt Arcane Vision notable to something good) and the best corruption for the Soul Tether is Hatred aura effect.

Violent Retaliation + Thread of Hope

Some players will prefer Violent Retaliation over Outmatch and Outlast for their final ascendancy. Doing this, we lose our endurance and frenzy charge generation while mapping but we can get it back by socketing a medium sized thread of hope jewel south of duelist and then allocating Disciple of the Unyielding/Slaughter.
Last edited by Hman120 on Jun 18, 2020, 4:31:49 PM
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2020, 2:06:35 PM
Hi and thank you for the build.
It seems really cool.

I admit I dont understand your level of survivability. Indeed, you do not have a large life pool, a lot of armor, evasion rating, regen or leech ... more than 50% of block. This is it?

Finally, I regret that it's so difficult to try on starter...

sorry for my poor english...
"
Sho0oryuken wrote:
Hi and thank you for the build.
It seems really cool.

I admit I dont understand your level of survivability. Indeed, you do not have a large life pool, a lot of armor, evasion rating, regen or leech ... more than 50% of block. This is it?

Finally, I regret that it's so difficult to try on starter...

sorry for my poor english...

Our defenses:
  • 53% attack + spell block
  • fortify (20% reduced hit damage taken)
  • 3 endurance charges (12% phys reduction)
  • 10% reduced phys damage taken from Outmatch and Outlast
  • basalt flask (15% phys reduction)
  • wise oak triple res balanced (10% reduced elemental damage taken)

Leech cap is hit by Blood Drinker node. On top of this, if we take any hit of damage our attack and spell block goes up to 61% thanks to Painforged. If we take enough damage, immortal call procs which gives us 76% less physical damage taken and 31% less elemental damage taken for 2 seconds (which is enough time for us to generate 3 more endurance charges while clearing since this is a fast build).

Physical damage reduction from endurance charges and basalt flask is more reliable than physical damage reduction from armour in this game. The only warranted use of armour is if you are using vaal molten shell, which I chose not to since we have such good endurance charge generation while clearing from ascendancy. For this reason I went with immortal call.

Finally, yes, leveling attack skills in this game is a pain compared to spells. I have noted that this build is not a starter in the pros & cons. If you are leveling a duelist as a non-league starter and have some currency for starter gear, you can easily level with frost blades using dual redbeak -> tempestuous steel -> innsbury edge -> ichimonji. Craft some level 1 gloves with a prismatic + scorched + metallic fossil and you can steamroll through first couple acts.
Last edited by Hman120 on Nov 8, 2019, 10:37:14 PM
thanks for the quick and complete answer.
i finish some challenge with my fire boy and i'll try some days your build for next league ;)

i dont notice that leveling a dualist is more difficult than a witch but i note an expert.
Thanks for this build. This is my first character, in which I up level 90 on hardcore,without any leveling gear, the first character in the league.
My Gear on Blight HC:

Spoiler

Spoiler

sorry for the translator
hey nice build was looking for something like this, one question: why not throw in acro/phase acro for even more survival?
"
bobsaft wrote:
hey nice build was looking for something like this, one question: why not throw in acro/phase acro for even more survival?

You can do that if you are okay with losing some block/spell block chance. The build really needs dps especially for metamorphs so I didn't think it was worth 5 skill points.
Bumping this as I think it's a highly underrated build for this league.

I love the playstyle of jumping into a pack, throwing down a few static strikes and then just zooming through packs while insta-popping them with the beams + HOI.

The clear speed is damn near as good as my ice shot deadeye which is saying a lot.

I can facetank AL8 T16 metamorphs and Conquerors no problem.

I can see this build going really far with more min/maxing.

SSF btw so I can only imagine how potent it would be with perfect gear.

Last edited by greenimp77 on Feb 10, 2020, 10:17:56 AM
"
greenimp77 wrote:
Bumping this as I think it's a highly underrated build for this league.

I love the playstyle of jumping into a pack, throwing down a few static strikes and then just zooming through packs while insta-popping them with the beams + HOI.

The clear speed is damn near as good as my ice shot deadeye which is saying a lot.

I can facetank AL8 T16 metamorphs and Conquerors no problem.

I can see this build going really far with more min/maxing.

SSF btw so I can only imagine how potent it would be with perfect gear.

Thanks for trying out the build and glad you enjoyed it! I have been testing out a saviour variant of this build in Metamorph SC which uses a soul tether + glorious vanity (doryani) and it has been doing great as well. Hopefully I get around to updating the guide soon.

Any big tree changes with your variant? I've been trying out a few changes to the tree here and there.

I've done 10 or 11 Sirus fights and 6 or 7 Catarinas. No Savoir or Paradoxia yet :(

Share your POB if you get a minute!
Last edited by greenimp77 on Feb 10, 2020, 4:11:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info