getstunnednerd's Dual Ice Spear / Curse Build

"
soogblablue wrote:
"
I lost my little 84 EK shadow and wanted to try something out of the ordinary. Whatching your stream, I decide to give a try to your build.

It works pretty well, but, something I don't get is, for the Ice Spear link, you advice this :

Ice Spear / Spell Totem / Elemental Proliferation / Increased Critical Damage / Added Cold Damage / Greater Multiple Projectiles

I tested 2 set up with my 5L :

1 - Ice Spear / Spell Totem / Elemental Proliferation / Increased Critical Damage / Greater Multiple Projectiles

and

2 - Ice Spear / Spell Totem / Elemental Proliferation / Increased Critical Damage / Faster Casting / Greater Multiple Projectiles

And the Faster Casting one, works better. So, I would like to know why you don't advise fast cast against crit damage ?

(fast cast allow to cast totem faster AND totem cast also faster)

I think the 2nd option works best because you added faster casting to an already 5L setup

ya like i've said i preferred crit damage over faster casting because it allowed me to freeze more when the game first went ob. everybody now has the option to have way better gear than i would have had which is probably why you notice faster casting working better.

the 5l is all preference, i'd still use crit damage over faster casting, i dont think i even used faster casting in my 6l so it's all up to you.
RIP getstunnednerd 92 HC Shadow. vod:http://www.twitch.tv/grrumbles/c/2061704
Hey getstunnednerd - my little bro was wanting to try out dual totem, but hates spark - so I suggested your build since it seemed really cool back when you were playing it. I noticed power charges are really close to all of your routes throughout the tree, so I changed it up a bit and made it a power charge build.

108 points - level 90

118 points - level 100

It would required a 3L, Ice Spear+Power Charge on Crit(20%)+GMP to spam, and the mana to maintain it(which shouldn't be much, since the ice spear would be level 1 and only 2 supported links.)

I didn't go through the top to get extra curse, so it is a little different - little more damage, with a little less utility (can still use windscreams for 1 extra curse if needed.)

Any thoughts or suggestions on the build? Thanks.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Hey, this build is still viable?
yea im sure its viable, prob better now with power charges since that support gem wasnt around when i played my shadow.

RIP getstunnednerd 92 HC Shadow. vod:http://www.twitch.tv/grrumbles/c/2061704

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info