getstunnednerd's Dual Ice Spear / Curse Build

"
Xsicopate wrote:
I lost my little 84 EK shadow and wanted to try something out of the ordinary. Whatching your stream, I decide to give a try to your build.

It works pretty well, but, something I don't get is, for the Ice Spear link, you advice this :

Ice Spear / Spell Totem / Elemental Proliferation / Increased Critical Damage / Added Cold Damage / Greater Multiple Projectiles

I tested 2 set up with my 5L :

1 - Ice Spear / Spell Totem / Elemental Proliferation / Increased Critical Damage / Greater Multiple Projectiles

and

2 - Ice Spear / Spell Totem / Elemental Proliferation / Increased Critical Damage / Faster Casting / Greater Multiple Projectiles

And the Faster Casting one, works better. So, I would like to know why you don't advise fast cast against crit damage ?

(fast cast allow to cast totem faster AND totem cast also faster)

I'm not sure the amount of crit damage you have, but with my current build I have 752% with the gem which allows me to do more damage than my totems casting a bit faster! Not sure what you mean by works better though, when I swap to faster casting I don't notice anything other than I'm placing my totem quicker, when I have crit damage on I notice I am freezing just about every rare and boss. I'm not exactly sure on how freeze works against bosses but I'm going to guess it's the amount of damage you do in regards to their health? I prefer crit damage over faster casting because you end up gaining more damage from it because ice spear scales really with crit damage.

RIP getstunnednerd 92 HC Shadow. vod:http://www.twitch.tv/grrumbles/c/2061704
"
ashgod wrote:
Question about gear: I realize you will get a higher damage output by wearing the curse boots instead of ring, but at the same time you lose out on potential 30% increased MS boots.

What makes you feel that Windscream boots are so much better than Doedre's Damning? I'm just curious since I'm trying to decide between the 2 (not for this build though)!

30% ms is really more of a luxury than anything. with the 10% from the curse boots you're still getting 4% from passives and 7% from inner force haste which puts you at 21%. The boots give you much more than the ring has to offer. All you get from the ring is the additional curse =/.
"
ashgod wrote:
Question about gear: I realize you will get a higher damage output by wearing the curse boots instead of ring, but at the same time you lose out on potential 30% increased MS boots.

What makes you feel that Windscream boots are so much better than Doedre's Damning? I'm just curious since I'm trying to decide between the 2 (not for this build though)!

I'd say its personal preference really, I prefer to have high MS over anything else and will not wear boots that do not have it. For me movement speed is key to getting in and out fast and being able to drop your totems and curses and then get out of harms way quickly.
Great guide dude, lots of the points you've given me over the last few months covered. make sure that leveling with Freezing pulse to have bear trap ready around level 42-44. Around then you start seeing reflect mobs, and you'll need the safer dps to take out those spiky blue rares :D
how you kill Vaal for merc? Stones wanshot...
Great and very detailed Guide, great Streamer !
Answers any Question ahead .

www.twitch.tv/grrumbles just go watch him play and ask if theres something u need to know he will answer the question for sure.

Gl all of you playing the build i will try it in the 1 week race i think :)

PS: Make sure to follow his stream!
Great build, great guide. Been following it since lvl 1, now at 72 it has insane support capability, going solo is not pain too.Capping res is not hard cos you can easily trade some dps stats. Life gear is a must have though. Thanks for build.
IGN: SilentWrath
First off, great and descriptive guide!

If you really wanted to you could save 2 points by removing the lower 3 str nodes in the Templar start and put 1 into the int at the top of the Templar area.

I would then spend those 2 points in Chaos resist node(s) (between Shadow and Witch)as I see you don't have much on gear. Or finish the 8% hp node above Templar.

End result is basically the same:

Again, good job!
Last edited by bsktball11ch on Mar 20, 2013, 6:24:52 PM
"
bsktball11ch wrote:
First off, great and descriptive guide!

If you really wanted to you could save 2 points by removing the lower 3 str nodes in the Templar start and put 1 into the int at the top of the Templar area.

I would then spend those 2 points in Chaos resist node(s) (between Shadow and Witch)as I see you don't have much on gear. Or finish the 8% hp node above Templar.

End result is basically the same:

Again, good job!

don't worry i've done that already ;P
"

I'm not sure the amount of crit damage you have, but with my current build I have 752% with the gem which allows me to do more damage than my totems casting a bit faster! Not sure what you mean by works better though, when I swap to faster casting I don't notice anything other than I'm placing my totem quicker, when I have crit damage on I notice I am freezing just about every rare and boss. I'm not exactly sure on how freeze works against bosses but I'm going to guess it's the amount of damage you do in regards to their health? I prefer crit damage over faster casting because you end up gaining more damage from it because ice spear scales really with crit damage.

I surely have less than that hehe.

You are right : more damage = more freeze.

But it seems (at my low level 66) that fast cast, kill mobbs faster, even if I freeze less (on docks).

But Map is another story, so I'll need to practice more maps to see that you are probably right :)

When did you switched from LMP to GMP ? I use a 5L, but sometimes I prefer GMP and sometimes LMP, I don't manage to see which one should I use right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info