No Sound FX playing for Corrupted Blood

Are you having this trouble while playing on your Slayer character?
If so, it's because you're using the Endless Hunger node, which makes you immune to Bleeding whilst Leeching.
No corrupting blood stacks are being applied to your character, so you don't hear the audio.
"
Mooginator wrote:
Hey Yolandi, this happens on every single build I play. I'm on a pretty state of the art machine, have sound channels set to high, use a headset, and have no issues hearing any other Sound FX.

For clarification, I've played multiple builds (Necro, Elementalist, Trickster, Slayer, Assassin and Occultist) since the most recent patch that have no corrupted blood protection (no Jewel). I've also been infected with "bundles" of corrupted blood multiple times over the past few days and even died from it.

I never heard any indicator (of any kind) that I had been infected.

Somebody said there's a "ripping" noise, but if there is, it doesn't stand out and is indistinguishable from other other FX of the game.

Regardless, something is very wrong with the Sound FX system designed to address Corrupted Blood. It simply does not work. I've also spoken with multiple streamers who confirmed the same thing. Many other players say they just use the jewels the prohibit it from taking place, so they wouldn't know if it was working or not.

One of the reasons I'm so adamant about this is because Corrupted Blood kills me more than any other attack in the game; when I saw this change in the notes, I was thrilled.

Sadly, the latest patch provided no discernible change.

We really need a very loud sound FX tied to this - something that's unmistakable, like we have with Volatiles.

Would you be able to record your gameplay when this occurs?
"
Mooginator wrote:
OK so I did it. Here's 3 videos. Two focus on Corrupted Blood, and a third shows an issue with Bleed. Note I have no audio issues at all and run in High channel count.

CORRUPTED BLOOD SOUND FX ISSUE
First Video - no narration
https://youtu.be/O0FWURD4QOg
Timestamp: 0:38 - Good example - you hear "something" but can't differentiate it from other sound FX.

Second Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bAMW56oboc
3:13 - Small Group - Narration
5:25 - Death - no sound at all (big stack) - BEST EXAMPLE OF THE PROBLEM

BLEED SOUND FX ISSUE
So this isn't corrupted blood, but this emphasizes what happens when we have no sound FX for things we should - plus I think this may be a bug as I had bleed but that "squishy" sound wasn't playing.This is another great example of no real visual (other than falling health) or audio letting you know you're bleeding out.
https://youtu.be/lYw4hmad7pc
1:25 - No sound as bleed out. Another issue.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for the report, I've passed this on to get investigated.
We still have an open issue to look into this, sorry for the lack of a fix.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
whatever issue you have and that GGG is looking into, I can hear it without problems when I have corrupted blood on me. So it must also have something to do with hardware / drivers.....

It's when you get corrupted blood from killing Corrupted Bloodline packs.

I've bumped our internal issue for this problem to see if we can improve things here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info