Path of Exile's Six-Year Release Anniversary

"
SpectralDrake wrote:
"
harddaysnight wrote:
Seeing it in a timeline like this shows when it started to fall apart.

That would be 2017. The ten acts. Trying to expand too fast. And generally losing control of the game. GGG can't see the forests for the trees.

You forgot "Before long, GGG will be fully Chinese-owned".
TenCent may be somewhat 'hands-off' in their approach, but mark my words; political censorship will be the downfall of this game.
It's already started, in that political discussions on global chat are no longer allowed. This is technically in violation of human rights.
You can't write something like "Free Hong Kong" on global without risking a ban or temp ban of some sort.
I predict usernames expressing similar political views will be next.
Soon enough, I expect political discussions between users will be disallowed, and some sort of social credit score implemented.

Actually, I think I can agree with that. I already see posts from time to time when users are unhappy for being banned or muted for stating some political views of theirs, which is kinda bull. And yes, soon saying "free hong kong" will probably get you banned from the game for good.

I remember the chat was free and people were discussing everything freely, but it seems this time is coming to and end and we gonna have a heavy fist of censorship where the game is gonna dictate what we can say, this is lol...

The game is going down the drain, yet everyone is so happy here. The last years are a mess and the future, well at least in my opinion looks rather "blight".
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 25, 2019, 4:09:49 AM
"
Srrobs wrote:
Other games aniverssary = Days event, skins, discounts
Path of exile aniverssary = OK

"
Antigegner wrote:
Is there any MTX you give to people who have supported and played the game for more than 6 years? No? Thank you Tencent and happy birthday.

Nah, they treat this like an usual onesided birthday party where the guests bring all gifts.

I mean posting this one day before the usual MTX friday will double the chances that individuals will buy some sort of MTX or pure points.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 25, 2019, 5:11:22 AM
"Joined: Aug 9, 2012" =] Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday
I wish we could release and old version of skill gems on maybe a single player SSF downloadable game.

I miss the days of the original Cast on Crit madness and even though I have loved all these years, that was one change that makes me miss the good ole days.

Happy Birthday. You and your team have guaranteed me endless hours of fun and pain.
thx for the amazing six years of entertainment <3

stay awesome GGG
IGN: eLguL
Happy birthday !

God ... 5 years since I started playing 8O
SSF for ever :)
Kind of cheap that you don't give anything to your community on your anniversary while every other game does... Oh well.
"
SpectralDrake wrote:
It's already started, in that political discussions on global chat are no longer allowed. This is technically in violation of human rights.

There is no violation of human rights, legally or otherwise. You have no right to talk about political subjects in POE chat. You have no right to talk about anything else in POE chat. You have no right to play POE. You have no right to use it's forum. You don't even have a right to view the web site.

For that matter you don't have a right to use the Internet except whatever you and your ISP agree on. If your ISP gives you access to the Internet, you have no right to view, use, or post on any site except whatever the site agrees to let you do.

A right means that you can use whatever means are available to you to exercise that right. But it does not mean that anyone is obligated to provide that means to you. Freedom of the press does not mean anyone is obligated to give you a free printing press. The same as GGG is not obligated to provide chat for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info