[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

"
Slazar1989 wrote:
Hi buddy,

I really like your guide - especially, that most of the important informations and hints are short, but very understandable. Very good job.

Would you do me a favor and explain your fourth ascendancy-choice? WHy do you take power charges over opportunistic or A&A ?

It's our (only) way to generate Power Charges which give:
"
40% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge
It's far better then the other Ascendancy choices, even though it doesn't seem that way on first look. :)
Last edited by MoosGames on Dec 17, 2019, 1:41:52 AM
"
Mac2Fresh wrote:
I assume you've compared this to Mathils Cobra Lash starter build from blight..

Yours has some fairly big differences in running claws > daggers and some variation in the skill tree as well as skill gems.

Would you say your build is better than his for damage and/or survivability?

Reason i ask is because i just spent most of my early funds to get gear based off of his build and if yours is more effective I'd like to swap over to yours once i get higher level/more currency but just want to be sure i dont waste any if its not a huge difference y'know.

I would say that the claws variant is better damage wise then the dagger variant. I don't dare say my build is better then Mathils, but I have played it for much longer and therefore had a lot more time to refine it. The only advantage I see from daggers over claws is to use the proliferation of Binos (unique dagger). But that's not really needed this league, while it made more sense in Blight (and yet even then I liked claws better - I tried both).

"
I'm level 60 and it seems like every single boss encounter is resistant to chaos damage. How can I get past this? Every fight is taking like 5 minutes and multiple deaths.

Every Boss has the tag "chaos resistant" and "elemental resistant" aswell as having more armour in 3.9.
That doesn't mean that they completely resist the damage, it works just like our own resistances. You can counter this by having "nearby enemies have -x% to chaos resistance" on your equipement, for example on the helmet as described in the gear section of this guide.
If you feel like your damage is too low and you die a lot, then you probably have by-passed the enemy tier level that you current equipment can handle. I suggest taking a look at your equipment and to upgrade it. Hope it will get better then, good luck & have fun! :)
"
I'm level 60 and it seems like every single boss encounter is resistant to chaos damage. How can I get past this? Every fight is taking like 5 minutes and multiple deaths.

Leveling after normal lab was a cakewalk for me. Care to make your profile public? Also, at level 60, you should pick up two The Wasp Nest claws, which should skyrocket your damage once more.
Actually, I've got some questions of my own. I've got a few exalts and wonder how I would feasibly progress, as my damage doesn't really hold up after entering the high red tier maps. Probably my weapons, but crafting some nice weapons with fossils is really expensive, now that everyone buys lots of corrosive fossils for their poison builds.
have you considered taking perfect agony in the tree skill?
"
Fimi wrote:
Actually, I've got some questions of my own. I've got a few exalts and wonder how I would feasibly progress, as my damage doesn't really hold up after entering the high red tier maps. Probably my weapons, but crafting some nice weapons with fossils is really expensive, now that everyone buys lots of corrosive fossils for their poison builds.

Yeah, it's the time to craft better weapons. Sucks, that other people are also playing poison this league, was much better last league. :-/
Also you can upgrade your rings and swap to Fenumus Weave gloves. Weapons is where you will improve most on, getting the 100% more poison damage mod.
"
5ksolevarnya wrote:
have you considered taking perfect agony in the tree skill?

Yeah, it's an option. I personally didn't like the idea of routing the tree there, but I've seen that others did so in Blight. It also looks quite good in poe.ninja, but I'm not so sure if it's worth it. But you can totally go that way if you'd like to. Make sure to check in PoB what's best to drop to go there. This build has a lot of room for customization, because there are several great nodes on the tree. :)
Hi, I was wandering, since it's a boss league, if the 40% more damage on the helm enchant would be better for single target? Or is the clear speed a lot better with the chains?
"
Loupex wrote:
Hi, I was wandering, since it's a boss league, if the 40% more damage on the helm enchant would be better for single target? Or is the clear speed a lot better with the chains?

That's a good approach, you can do that. You can also constantly replace GMP with Vile Toxins if you get your hands on a Dying Sun. The chains were the best choice in Blight, but you might be on to something to chose damage over chains. It won't be a huge damage increase though, since "increased" damage has diminishing returns...
I just checked in PoB and for me it would increase Shaper damage from 14,4m to 14,9m dps. So a 500k increase or ~3%. It's something, but then again you lose some chains for mapping speed. Both is viable, your choice. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info