[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

Just a note: For the chest crafting, you want a Warlord base to get the -15 mana cost if you wish to do that crafting. Nearly found out the expensive way.
"
PhantomZA wrote:
Just a note: For the chest crafting, you want a Warlord base to get the -15 mana cost if you wish to do that crafting. Nearly found out the expensive way.

It's also a delve mod, so it doesn't have to be warlord base. Elder or hunter will give us access to better line mods like attack speed, hp, or crit.
. (Yes I don't know how to delete a post xD)
Last edited by PhantomZA on Mar 21, 2020, 1:37:54 PM
Last edited by PhantomZA on Mar 21, 2020, 1:37:13 PM
"
TheAtrocity wrote:
"
PhantomZA wrote:

It's also a delve mod, so it doesn't have to be warlord base. Elder or hunter will give us access to better line mods like attack speed, hp, or crit.

Please don't spread misinformation! The delve mods exist no longer as they did before and now require specific influence on the items to appear. Please edit your post so that no one loses currency on trying to craft a mod that he can't hit without the correct influence.
"
MoosGames wrote:
"
TheAtrocity wrote:
"
PhantomZA wrote:

Please don't spread misinformation! The delve mods exist no longer as they did before and now require specific influence on the items to appear. Please edit your post so that no one loses currency on trying to craft a mod that he can't hit without the correct influence.

So then, am I correct in saying that if you wish to craft the Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana you will need an Warlord influenced chest to do so. Furthermore, if you wish to get the lovely elder OR hunter mods as mentioned in the guide, you would then require a double influenced chest of warlord:Elder OR warlord:Hunter. But the risk being a higher amount of currency required to hit the mods?

Thanks once again.
"
PhantomZA wrote:

It has to be influenced, I never said it shouldn't. My post is still correct. You can for example use elder ilvl 86 elder base to get -x mana cost on socketed attack gems.
Last edited by TheAtrocity on Mar 21, 2020, 3:02:27 PM
"
TheAtrocity wrote:
"
PhantomZA wrote:

It has to be influenced, I never said it shouldn't. My post is still correct. You can for example use elder ilvl 86 elder base to get -x mana cost on socketed attack gems.

So I went back to the patch notes just to double check:
"We've done away with all Fossil-exclusive mods except those found on Faceted, Bloodstained and Hollow Fossils, and moved a number of them to other sources. These mods can still be obtained through Fossil crafting, as long as the base item also fulfills the mod's requirements."

"Body Armour: Socketed Attacks have -15 to Mana Cost (now from Warlord's Influence),"

Thus, you can still use fossils to get this mod, however it need to be on a warlord chest. You can have a elder/warlord chest for the better hp and attack mods, but warlord is mandatory for the -15 craft.

If one goes onto the trade site, there is no chest that is only an elder influence base with the - 15 mana cost mod. Any chest that has elder influence is a dual influenced chest along with warlords influence.
Re discussion above about rebalanced fossil mods

Spoiler
Normal fossils no longer provide exclusive mods. Some were relocated to thematic influences and other were removed entirely.

i85 hunter helmet: Nearby Enemies have -9% to Chaos Resistance (250 weight)
i83 elder claw: 60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage (2000 weight)
-Curse Enemies with Level 10 Despair on Hit LEGACY
i85 warlord body armour: Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost (200 weight)

Anyway, I've been using this build as my league starter. I'm getting Atlas completion on miserable and bricked red maps that I'm buying while only having 3900 life at L90 right now (just AL2). I'm clearing Delirium fine. I will say you need to be "awake" to play this build and laziness will kill you.

I plan to buy rather than craft all my gear except for probably a minus chaos res helmet on a good enchanted base... I hate crafting and welcomed the fossil nerf lmao. Most of my gear is pretty janky except for a few big investments, those being:

5ex, 4ex, 1ex respectively.

The claw was possibly underpriced, and it has compared very favorably to other relevant claws I've seen for sale considering its price. AACDS is easily the biggest awakened upgrade (+19-23% dps vs 20/20 ACDS) of the gems supporting Cobra Lash, especially at L5 where it gets the +1 mod. How is it 6/20 already for so cheap (IMO)? I figure it must have come from the new The Cheater div card. With the existence of that card, I expect 6/20 awakened support gems to be significantly cheaper than last league, especially since I bought AACDS at a loss from the seller. I was going to get 21/23 Cobra Lash sooner or later (+4% dps vs 20/20), so might as well sooner while other options are more expensive.

These items are my decent mid-build gear:

3c +4c craft, 10 or 20c, drop respectively.

I figure the claw was extremely undervalued. I opted for a hybrid mana claw while a good body armour with -15 mana cost seems very far out of reach at league start. Perhaps I don't need the claw's implicit mana gained on hit with Soul Raker, but I don't care right now. I hope I can transition directly from Tabula to my final body armour. So far I haven't needed anything better. The helmet allowed me to fix my resistances and address lacking accuracy.

Corrupted Despair gloves vs Fenumus Weave vs Witchfire Brew.

2c

I've been thinking about this a lot while Fenumus Weave is still expensive.

Spoiler
Firstly, we can't get Despair on hit on claws after 3.10's fossil rebalance. We can get a weak Despair on hit on Hunter-influenced rings, but that route requires getting lucky with a hunter exalted orb on a (good) minus mana cost ring, which is prohibitively expensive.

The range on Witchfire Brew's curse aura is IMO pretty bad. You need to be dangerously close to enemies to get the full effect, which isn't so bad for this build and is very likely to happen given Delirium's proximity spawns and monster life scaling, but this is still far from ideal. I'm not a fan, but the flask is still very thematically appropriate for what this character wants to do so it's not a bad choice.

The bulk of Fenumus Weave's damage depends upon enemies being covered in webs from Aspect of the Spider, which should take 1 full second to reach the maximum 3 stacks for nearby enemies (1 immediate stack + 2 0.5 second cooldowns). The webs themselves debuff enemies and also activate Fenumus Weave's buffs. The webs also hinder enemies, which is certainly QoL. It's worth noting that Enlighten does not reduce the mana reservation of Aspect of the Spider ("Cannot support skills that don't come from gems").

Despair on hit from corrupted gloves is automatic, although I don't know if the curse debuff applies to the initial cursing hit, not that it matters for this build. Unlike Witchfire Brew, the curse doesn't deactivate with range.

Even with Fenumus Weave fully activated, my crappy Despair gloves significantly outperform it against normal enemies (+14% dps) and "standard bosses" (+7% dps) in my pob, but Fenumus Weave pulls ahead against Shaper-tier enemies (-5% dps). But my gloves were a budget buy providing a massive damage buff and are not final build items, and considering this build has budgeted mana reservation for Aspect of the Spider...

Note that you need to actually equip curse on hit gloves in pob to see the true dps difference, hovering over them doesn't take the curse into account which is an oversight that may be corrected in the future.

TL;DR The best move is probably to buy The Embalmer gloves corrupted with Despair on hit and to beastcraft Aspect of the Spider on anything with an open suffix. True BiS would be Fenumus Weave corrupted with Despair on Hit, but (1) Fenumus Weave is normally a 1ex item that people don't won't to vaal and (2) such an item would be extremely expensive.

That's enough for now.
"
Re discussion above about rebalanced fossil mods

Spoiler
Normal fossils no longer provide exclusive mods. Some were relocated to thematic influences and other were removed entirely.

i85 hunter helmet: Nearby Enemies have -9% to Chaos Resistance (250 weight)
i83 elder claw: 60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage (2000 weight)
-Curse Enemies with Level 10 Despair on Hit LEGACY
i85 warlord body armour: Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost (200 weight)

Anyway, I've been using this build as my league starter. I'm getting Atlas completion on miserable and bricked red maps that I'm buying while only having 3900 life at L90 right now (just AL2). I'm clearing Delirium fine. I will say you need to be "awake" to play this build and laziness will kill you.

I plan to buy rather than craft all my gear except for probably a minus chaos res helmet on a good enchanted base... I hate crafting and welcomed the fossil nerf lmao. Most of my gear is pretty janky except for a few big investments, those being:

5ex, 4ex, 1ex respectively.

The claw was possibly underpriced, and it has compared very favorably to other relevant claws I've seen for sale considering its price. AACDS is easily the biggest awakened upgrade (+19-23% dps vs 20/20 ACDS) of the gems supporting Cobra Lash, especially at L5 where it gets the +1 mod. How is it 6/20 already for so cheap (IMO)? I figure it must have come from the new The Cheater div card. With the existence of that card, I expect 6/20 awakened support gems to be significantly cheaper than last league, especially since I bought AACDS at a loss from the seller. I was going to get 21/23 Cobra Lash sooner or later (+4% dps vs 20/20), so might as well sooner while other options are more expensive.

These items are my decent mid-build gear:

3c +4c craft, 10 or 20c, drop respectively.

I figure the claw was extremely undervalued. I opted for a hybrid mana claw while a good body armour with -15 mana cost seems very far out of reach at league start. Perhaps I don't need the claw's implicit mana gained on hit with Soul Raker, but I don't care right now. I hope I can transition directly from Tabula to my final body armour. So far I haven't needed anything better. The helmet allowed me to fix my resistances and address lacking accuracy.

Corrupted Despair gloves vs Fenumus Weave vs Witchfire Brew.

2c

I've been thinking about this a lot while Fenumus Weave is still expensive.

Spoiler
Firstly, we can't get Despair on hit on claws after 3.10's fossil rebalance. We can get a weak Despair on hit on Hunter-influenced rings, but that route requires getting lucky with a hunter exalted orb on a (good) minus mana cost ring, which is prohibitively expensive.

The range on Witchfire Brew's curse aura is IMO pretty bad. You need to be dangerously close to enemies to get the full effect, which isn't so bad for this build and is very likely to happen given Delirium's proximity spawns and monster life scaling, but this is still far from ideal. I'm not a fan, but the flask is still very thematically appropriate for what this character wants to do so it's not a bad choice.

The bulk of Fenumus Weave's damage depends upon enemies being covered in webs from Aspect of the Spider, which should take 1 full second to reach the maximum 3 stacks for nearby enemies (1 immediate stack + 2 0.5 second cooldowns). The webs themselves debuff enemies and also activate Fenumus Weave's buffs. The webs also hinder enemies, which is certainly QoL. It's worth noting that Enlighten does not reduce the mana reservation of Aspect of the Spider ("Cannot support skills that don't come from gems").

Despair on hit from corrupted gloves is automatic, although I don't know if the curse debuff applies to the initial cursing hit, not that it matters for this build. Unlike Witchfire Brew, the curse doesn't deactivate with range.

Even with Fenumus Weave fully activated, my crappy Despair gloves significantly outperform it against normal enemies (+14% dps) and "standard bosses" (+7% dps) in my pob, but Fenumus Weave pulls ahead against Shaper-tier enemies (-5% dps). But my gloves were a budget buy providing a massive damage buff and are not final build items, and considering this build has budgeted mana reservation for Aspect of the Spider...

Note that you need to actually equip curse on hit gloves in pob to see the true dps difference, hovering over them doesn't take the curse into account which is an oversight that may be corrected in the future.

TL;DR The best move is probably to buy The Embalmer gloves corrupted with Despair on hit and to beastcraft Aspect of the Spider on anything with an open suffix. True BiS would be Fenumus Weave corrupted with Despair on Hit, but (1) Fenumus Weave is normally a 1ex item that people don't won't to vaal and (2) such an item would be extremely expensive.

That's enough for now.

I saw your build. I would like to know why your aura be like that?? Is it better than this guide??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info