Miracle Golem

"
Ianpact wrote:
Why would you release this without adding the new Carrion Golem to it?

I suspect that since Carrion Golem is new, they're going to first release an individual mtx for it in order to milk it for all it's worth before they release a new 'package' golem mtx that includes it and hence gives us better value. Tbf, the other golems followed a similar path - first individual mtxes, then we got packages. So this isn't new behavior. Nor unique - the strategy is well-known in marketing: first you reel them in with shiny stuff, and then when that tactic has petered out, you reel them in with value stuff.

How to respond to it as consumers? Patience. Don't fall for the marketing tricks. Know what you want ahead of time and wait for it. Don't let them tempt you astray with shiny offers. They'll (probably) give you what you want eventually, if their sleazy early offers aren't working on you.
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 20, 2019, 11:40:39 PM
$60 of golems, and no carrion golem. I bet that means the Golemancer class, I mean uhhh the "Elementalist" is getting nerfed again next league. How long until she has 0 usable nodes at all?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Those look pretty good.

Great design, artist team!
And Carrion Golem do not get mtx again, the one who actually need it)
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/
"
Ianpact wrote:
Why would you release this without adding the new Carrion Golem to it? For something that is barely a reskin of another golem MTX you would think you would put that slight bit more effort into it.

While many of these new MTX are indeed pretty it feels like you are just phoning it in these days. Sure hope they improve soon.

They did this with Heralds as well. Looks like it's going to be the norm going forward. I don't understand either.
Pretty nice imo. I think I am gonna get it, but I hope you give us some new zombie MTX's soon, I need my minion army to match...
It's OK.

I'm still waiting for a mine crawler MTX ;)
"
BrownTown86 wrote:
They did this with Heralds as well. Looks like it's going to be the norm going forward. I don't understand either.

It's pretty simple to understand. The microtransactions are designed by a separate team months in advance, and they don't always coordinate efforts. That's what happened with the Celestial Herald effect anyway; the cosmetic came out too soon after the Agony and Purity Heralds were introduced (a week or two) and they hadn't had time to add the model work for it. It's possible the Carrion Golem simply wasn't intended to be part of this effect; after all, it's quite different in terms of theme, intended use archetypes, and function from the other golems, and it perhaps shouldn't be called a golem as a result, just like the Holy Relic summon isn't a golem.

What you should be watchful for, though, is how the community management team addresses this shortcoming. When the Celestial Herald showed up without a skin for the Agony and Purity minions, they outright lied to us and said that it was a bug—even though you can see very clearly that the Agony and Purity Heralds were totally excluded from the preview video of the Celestial Herald in the MTX store.

At this very moment, the Known Issues post in the Bug Reports forum awkwardly lists Flesh and Stone's incompatibility with MTXes as though someone made a typo in some code rather than what it is—unimplemented behaviour. Maybe that's simpler from a community management standpoint (as players might check that spot before complaining about the issue) but it falls short of being perfectly honest.

Generally this community loves heaping praise on GGG for good communication, especially when it comes in the form of a two-page essay by Chris Wilson and involves acknowledging a popular gripe. But in the weeks and months between those magnificent manifestos, there sure is a lot of room for improvement...
Have you ever considered trading the sword for the plow, Exile?
Last edited by hexadecima on Oct 21, 2019, 3:32:54 AM
Oh what do you know????

Another news post about an MTX item.

Where is the game news GGG!!!!!!
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Nothing miraculous about this mtx.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info