[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Your build really saved my life-based-dodge saboteur from random dying at t16. I'm still using Prism Guardian shield and don't need enlighten's so I have 2 free sockets and half of mana. I know about Fortify + Shield Charge combo, but I'm too lazy to use two dash skills :v Is Blasphemy + Conductivity usefull as some damage boost vs bosses?
Hello! So i was looking into this build recently, and im thinking about cluster jewels, aren't clusters with Trap and mine damage better? Because you have arcane pyrotechnic that gives you constant arcane surge and expendability that gives you 15% to throw additional trap and Surprise Sabotage that gives you 10% crit mutli and 5% ele pen?
Just that becasue I saw that endgame wand is just medium, it wouldn't be better with +1 lightning and +1 spells?
Thanks for answering!
"
DaddyGwozdziu wrote:
Your build really saved my life-based-dodge saboteur from random dying at t16. I'm still using Prism Guardian shield and don't need enlighten's so I have 2 free sockets and half of mana. I know about Fortify + Shield Charge combo, but I'm too lazy to use two dash skills :v Is Blasphemy + Conductivity usefull as some damage boost vs bosses?

That's good to hear mate:)

Conductivity will add some damage, though bosses are curse resistant.
There's also options for more dmg like hextouch+snipers mark (bosses do not resist marks at all, so full effect)

"
Dz3m00RR wrote:
Hello! So i was looking into this build recently, and im thinking about cluster jewels, aren't clusters with Trap and mine damage better? Because you have arcane pyrotechnic that gives you constant arcane surge and expendability that gives you 15% to throw additional trap and Surprise Sabotage that gives you 10% crit mutli and 5% ele pen?
Just that becasue I saw that endgame wand is just medium, it wouldn't be better with +1 lightning and +1 spells?
Thanks for answering!

We are using the medium trap cluster:) But not with arcane pyrotechnics, nor with expendability. In POB they do not beat the choice we have in a per-point investment basis. Also we get arcane surge consistently up when we flame dash and when you drop sigil of power (depending which gem setup you follow).

Expendability doesn't compete sadly with the other skills, the 15% isn't enough.

My cluster setup atm is different on my Ritual League trapper, but not one you should follow unless you got deep pockets and are looking to drop some defences.
I'll post my POB's for that when I update the guide during the league interim. :)

Last edited by oestergreen on Mar 8, 2021, 2:27:38 AM
I am clearly doing something wrong. I was bored with Toxic Rain and wanted to try this build so I reset everything and here I am...holy hell what a loss of power. My lack of damage is most likely tied to gem level..I think at least partially. My biggest issue is I just get wrecked. I went from doing reds with near ease. I can barely do yellows now, and I probably have much better gear now than I did with my TR build.

I don't know what to put in my helm, that's one issue. I just feel incredibly weak overall. What am I doing wrong?
"
EyelessCrow wrote:
I am clearly doing something wrong. I was bored with Toxic Rain and wanted to try this build so I reset everything and here I am...holy hell what a loss of power. My lack of damage is most likely tied to gem level..I think at least partially. My biggest issue is I just get wrecked. I went from doing reds with near ease. I can barely do yellows now, and I probably have much better gear now than I did with my TR build.

I don't know what to put in my helm, that's one issue. I just feel incredibly weak overall. What am I doing wrong?

hehe indeed, you must be doing several things wrong then mate. Not to brag or anything, but 75/75 block + ES-on block with 100% blind on everything in/and offscreen is pretty damn tanky. I normally only level to around 95'ish before I get bored of a league, but atm I'm lvl 99 only doing solo content/mapping and simply just not dying to any content is the reason i've steadily raised levels even though i'm not target farming XP and even though i'm running all kinds of crazy map mods, juiced deli's and farming maven/sirius.

Btw the pierce enchant is quite crucial for mapping and usually quite cheap among most build lab enchants. It also adds a layer of survival since everything you pierce is blinded.

Your characters are private btw, i'll take a peek when you un-private. :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Mar 12, 2021, 3:52:57 AM
Just started levelling a lightning trapper - re-roll 11 of the league I think!
I actually like trappers but typically only run them as starter builds then re-roll. Haven't invested much into one for quite a while.
Also have only ever used lightning trap while levelling (And liked it) before switching to different traps.
Got a bit of currency to spend (Though will try and craft as much as I can), more if I can actually sell the stuff in my stash.

Also been a long time since I've played low life (Can't believe how cheap shavs are, even decent corrupted ones!)

I might try and make some elevated pierce boots, free up the helm enchant. Probably not worth it at all, but I can't help tinkering with builds.

Will post an update once I get it going.
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
EyelessCrow wrote:

hehe indeed, you must be doing several things wrong then mate. Not to brag or anything, but 75/75 block + ES-on block with 100% blind on everything in/and offscreen is pretty damn tanky. I normally only level to around 95'ish before I get bored of a league, but atm I'm lvl 99 only doing solo content/mapping and simply just not dying to any content is the reason i've steadily raised levels even though i'm not target farming XP and even though i'm running all kinds of crazy map mods, juiced deli's and farming maven/sirius.

Btw the pierce enchant is quite crucial for mapping and usually quite cheap among most build lab enchants. It also adds a layer of survival since everything you pierce is blinded.

Your characters are private btw, i'll take a peek when you un-private. :)

Okay it SHOULD be viewable now. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I don't have any, what I would call god tier items, but I thought I should be able to at least survive mid-tier maps. Anything with consistent damage absolutely demolishes me. I feel my damage going up as my gem levels get higher, my survivability is what concerns me, maybe the defensive gems are playing more of a role than I'm realizing and they need more levels too.
"
EyelessCrow wrote:

Okay it SHOULD be viewable now. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I don't have any, what I would call god tier items, but I thought I should be able to at least survive mid-tier maps. Anything with consistent damage absolutely demolishes me. I feel my damage going up as my gem levels get higher, my survivability is what concerns me, maybe the defensive gems are playing more of a role than I'm realizing and they need more levels too.

Not OP, and I've only just started playing build too, but....

Your gems are level 13 - You are doing less than half the damage you should be. Damage = safety too, things will be getting to hit you that should be dead.
Low crit chance and no diamond flasks mean you are critting less than half the time.
You either need to buy some levelled gems, or just run low tier content for a while. I'd buy a 21/23 lightning trap, and just level the rest.

You also have <5k energy shield, because your gear has very little ES.
That's low ehp for a life build, for ES builds you really need more as you don't have a life flask safety net. Plus a lot of the defence is based on regen. Less base ES means less regen.

Your safety net is vaal discipline, which you don't have either - get one of those.

"
Carlovski wrote:
"
EyelessCrow wrote:

Not OP, and I've only just started playing build too, but....

Your gems are level 13 - You are doing less than half the damage you should be. Damage = safety too, things will be getting to hit you that should be dead.
Low crit chance and no diamond flasks mean you are critting less than half the time.
You either need to buy some levelled gems, or just run low tier content for a while. I'd buy a 21/23 lightning trap, and just level the rest.

You also have <5k energy shield, because your gear has very little ES.
That's low ehp for a life build, for ES builds you really need more as you don't have a life flask safety net. Plus a lot of the defence is based on regen. Less base ES means less regen.

Your safety net is vaal discipline, which you don't have either - get one of those.

I had some suspicions about that, I do need to pick up a vaal discipline. The thing about ES that confuses me is I don't know if I'm too dialed in on the gear because what I feel I need is always like...an ex or more for each piece of gear. That's not even for top of the line stuff so I don't know if I just suck at searching for gear or what. I've always been horrible at ES low life builds. I keep trying and I keep being bad at it lol.
"
EyelessCrow wrote:

I had some suspicions about that, I do need to pick up a vaal discipline. The thing about ES that confuses me is I don't know if I'm too dialed in on the gear because what I feel I need is always like...an ex or more for each piece of gear. That's not even for top of the line stuff so I don't know if I just suck at searching for gear or what. I've always been horrible at ES low life builds. I keep trying and I keep being bad at it lol.

Es gear is often cheaper than life gear, unless you want the absolute top end. And 'decent' stuff is pretty easy to craft.
You can make that helm far better with a couple of alts/essences + benchcraft or even better some reforge defence harvest crafts. Basically you only need 1 good ES mod, either flat or % then just craft the other.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info