[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

How would you finish this helm off? The craft on it is a placeholder. I was thinking blocking suffix and Slam for ES hybrid, or possibly blocking prefix and using Crusader Orb for either spell block or ES recovery. Any ideas?

The Rolls are T1 Cold Res-, Flat ES, and ES%
T3 Cold Res
Last edited by omarom2498 on Jan 11, 2020, 10:36:20 PM
hi, new to this low life stuff and having a few issues, maybe someone can help me out. i have made the switch to low life but when i'm comparing my setup to the pob that's linked here, my mana and life reservation is strange. i had to craft a helmet specifically to lower my life reservation so i could have clarity active, and at the moment my mana reservation is barely enough to cast spells. i have 32 life unreserved and 82 mana. do i have too many auras active or something? ive had to swap out some faster start or es regen so i had enough mana regen to work with. even had to craft a new helm so i had enough mana to have all the auras active (currently using all 5 at once). here's a link to my pob in its current state. thanks in advance. the amount of currency if wasted tweaking this to make everything work is crazy. any critiques are very welcome.

https://pastebin.com/1iQbiBmj
"
d_tuned wrote:
hi, new to this low life stuff and having a few issues, maybe someone can help me out. i have made the switch to low life but when i'm comparing my setup to the pob that's linked here, my mana and life reservation is strange. i had to craft a helmet specifically to lower my life reservation so i could have clarity active, and at the moment my mana reservation is barely enough to cast spells. i have 32 life unreserved and 82 mana. do i have too many auras active or something? ive had to swap out some faster start or es regen so i had enough mana regen to work with. even had to craft a new helm so i had enough mana to have all the auras active (currently using all 5 at once). here's a link to my pob in its current state. thanks in advance. the amount of currency if wasted tweaking this to make everything work is crazy. any critiques are very welcome.

https://pastebin.com/1iQbiBmj

Hey mate,

Didn't look at your pastebin, but at your profile. You don't need clarity if you don't have the appropriate Watcher's Eye, it's pretty useless. That's the first thing, and second, you're missing a 4% reservation node just under CI. That will allow you to get a bit more mana to cast. The other option is to go the Prism Guardian route.
Hi all,

Switched my SRS necro to Vortex Occ today, gambled and made my own 6-L shavs and it worked out well, only spent 3.5 ex to make this and its perfect except for the res roll. Figured that was a sign to go all in.

I have some basic noob questions if anyone is able to help;

1) Where do you guys get enough Str and Dex in this build?

2) I'm a little confused about ES, the build says to use Edlritch Battery, but then ES protects Mana and not Life, so how do you not die? What am I missing? Don't we need ES to protect Life or otherwise make damage apply to Mana and not Life instead?

3) What's the best way to go about getting a weapon for under 1ex, buy one, craft one? I have the trigger socketed spells craft on my bench but not the can have up to 3 modifiers craft. Should I just alt and regal for a cold damage scepter or wand and add the triggered suffix?
"
Goldenhawk07 wrote:
Hi all,

Switched my SRS necro to Vortex Occ today, gambled and made my own 6-L shavs and it worked out well, only spent 3.5 ex to make this and its perfect except for the res roll. Figured that was a sign to go all in.

I have some basic noob questions if anyone is able to help;

1) Where do you guys get enough Str and Dex in this build?

2) I'm a little confused about ES, the build says to use Edlritch Battery, but then ES protects Mana and not Life, so how do you not die? What am I missing? Don't we need ES to protect Life or otherwise make damage apply to Mana and not Life instead?

3) What's the best way to go about getting a weapon for under 1ex, buy one, craft one? I have the trigger socketed spells craft on my bench but not the can have up to 3 modifiers craft. Should I just alt and regal for a cold damage scepter or wand and add the triggered suffix?

1) Either on the tree (to start with), on the Prism Guardian if you go that way, or on belt/ring.

2) EB is not used, it's taken with a Kiloava jewel to get Glancing Blows. It's explained in the guide.

3) Buying a weapon with an open suffix is the easiest way and costs really not much right now. Don't bother with multimod just yet.
"
omarom2498 wrote:

How would you finish this helm off? The craft on it is a placeholder. I was thinking blocking suffix and Slam for ES hybrid, or possibly blocking prefix and using Crusader Orb for either spell block or ES recovery. Any ideas?

The Rolls are T1 Cold Res-, Flat ES, and ES%
T3 Cold Res

Nice helm! Any of those options work, slam for ES hybrid is a good option but you could get reflect damage on it, minions, rarity so there is room for a bricked roll.

I personally went for Crusader orb prefix, since there is no room for failure, all of the options are great no matter what. Phys reduction to light, max light res, or mana % (Prodigal Perfection node). The suffixes are great too but, if you hit Avoid frozen, it's a waste of a slot, but the other options are super attractive. I think Crusader suffix or prefix is the right play though.

I went for prefix so I can craft different res's as I swap out gear.
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Jan 12, 2020, 1:00:21 PM
What exactly does Enlighten bring? I don't think I had problems with mana.

And when should I cast Vaal Discipline? Should I run with normal Discipline always "on"?
"
Lepropotam wrote:
What exactly does Enlighten bring? I don't think I had problems with mana.

And when should I cast Vaal Discipline? Should I run with normal Discipline always "on"?

With enough mana reservation reduction, you can run extra auras or curses. It's kind of nice.

Also, Vaal Discipline is the panic button. It instantly starts your ES recharge if you get in a tight spot, and with Wicked Ward it's basically a skill that begins your ES regen immediately
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jan 12, 2020, 6:33:26 PM
In low life version, how can we run two curses at the same time? (Enfeeble & Temporal Chains)
I don't see any ascendancy or nodes that allow us to apply two curses at the same time. Am i missing something?
Last edited by banelingM on Jan 12, 2020, 10:45:30 PM
"
banelingM wrote:
In low life version, how can we run two curses at the same time? (Enfeeble & Temporal Chains)
I don't see any ascendancy or nodes that allow us to apply two curses at the same time. Am i missing something?

You respec Vile Bastion into Malediction in the ascendancy when you go low life and equip Presence of Chayula. He covers it in section 3.8 of the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info