[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Why is withfire so bad? I don't get it. I'm using one and Frostbite on Blasphemy, why would it lower my dps?

It doesn't lower your DPS as long as you have a source of "Can apply an additional curse", which you do. It lowers the DPS in the theoretical scenario where you have 2 offensive curses in some fashion (either via blasphemy or curse on hit or whatever other delivery method). In that scenario Witchfire would override the chronologically first applied curse with Despair, which is worse than the Ele Weakness/Frostbite it replaces.

My personal issue with brew is that it has very limited utility, it competes against Cinderswallow, Bottled Faith or a utility Flask, Cinderswallow makes us Immortal, Bottled Faith wins out in DPS and makes EO slightly more comfy and a utility flask gives ignite immunity and phys reduction, which is a big defensive boost.

But Witchfire gives me one more Aura to run. Without it I couldn't run Flesh and Stone or Aspect of the Spider, isn't that worth something?
"
Roselan wrote:
For the helm

- get a high ilvl (86+) hubris circlet with the enchant you want (30% cooldown or 40% damage): 30-50c.
- single reso perfect fossil until 27-28 quality. 20-50c
- single reso dense fossil until 300es and 2 open suffix and no cold resist. 20-50c
- redeemer orb it: 50c.

if you hit "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance" consider yourself lucky.

else:
- scour suffix with harvest: 50c
- bench craft cold resist: 1 alch
- harvest aug cold: 80% to hit the freeze mod: 1ex
- harvest aug cold again: guarantee -9% to cold resist: 1ex
- bench craft you last resist you want: 1 scour 2c
- harvest lucky everything/prefix/defense

if you hit t1 reserved mana reduction (5%) on your redeemer orb:
- bench craft cold resist 1 alch
- harvest rem/add cold until -9. 10ex.
- sell to "Darthlard" (and nobody else) for 20ex and a solid 5c profit ^^.

Nice, got it! How stupid am I if I slam redeemer on this one:
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
"
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Why is withfire so bad? I don't get it. I'm using one and Frostbite on Blasphemy, why would it lower my dps?

It doesn't lower your DPS as long as you have a source of "Can apply an additional curse", which you do. It lowers the DPS in the theoretical scenario where you have 2 offensive curses in some fashion (either via blasphemy or curse on hit or whatever other delivery method). In that scenario Witchfire would override the chronologically first applied curse with Despair, which is worse than the Ele Weakness/Frostbite it replaces.

My personal issue with brew is that it has very limited utility, it competes against Cinderswallow, Bottled Faith or a utility Flask, Cinderswallow makes us Immortal, Bottled Faith wins out in DPS and makes EO slightly more comfy and a utility flask gives ignite immunity and phys reduction, which is a big defensive boost.

But Witchfire gives me one more Aura to run. Without it I couldn't run Flesh and Stone or Aspect of the Spider, isn't that worth something?

Its an aura but the DPS gained isn't that much. It shows as roughly 10% DPS gain on my Char, compared to 5% for a generic white sulfur flask, so overall its just not that good.

As far as redeemer slam targets go your helm is about as good as they come, I would prob harvest remove fire first and slam it on that suffix, but other than that it should be a fine gamble.
Last edited by stnikolauswagne on Feb 5, 2021, 8:08:28 AM
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
"
Roselan wrote:
For the helm

- get a high ilvl (86+) hubris circlet with the enchant you want (30% cooldown or 40% damage): 30-50c.
- single reso perfect fossil until 27-28 quality. 20-50c
- single reso dense fossil until 300es and 2 open suffix and no cold resist. 20-50c
- redeemer orb it: 50c.

if you hit "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance" consider yourself lucky.

else:
- scour suffix with harvest: 50c
- bench craft cold resist: 1 alch
- harvest aug cold: 80% to hit the freeze mod: 1ex
- harvest aug cold again: guarantee -9% to cold resist: 1ex
- bench craft you last resist you want: 1 scour 2c
- harvest lucky everything/prefix/defense

if you hit t1 reserved mana reduction (5%) on your redeemer orb:
- bench craft cold resist 1 alch
- harvest rem/add cold until -9. 10ex.
- sell to "Darthlard" (and nobody else) for 20ex and a solid 5c profit ^^.

Nice, got it! How stupid am I if I slam redeemer on this one:

the worst that can is that you hit "Regenerate # Mana per second", as it can't be target removed. "#% reduced Mana Reserved" either but this one is nice anyway. All other ones can be target removed by harvest (fire/cold/lightning).

https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Helmet&tags=int_armour

On your helm, I would remove fire before slamming (and of course remove the benched craft). Then you change your resist from lightning to cold and harvest aug cold twice. Then you can change your resist back if you want.

You will end up with one resist, chance to freeze, and -9.

If you hit one of the mana slam you can harvest "reforge rare, keeping prefixes" and hope for targetable suffixes you can remove. But at that point it's probably better to start with a new base.

this the base I plan to finish one day, but I will need lots of rem/add cold and I don't like to scour TFT.
Last edited by roselan on Feb 5, 2021, 8:13:37 AM
Thanks! I will try that. I have a maybe stupid question but where and how do people trade for harvest crafting (like removing the fire res)?
"

this the base I plan to finish one day, but I will need lots of rem/add cold and I don't like to scour TFT.

Have you considered using just removes and augments of cold? It'll be more expensive, but you can block cold res using this method and increase your chance drastically.
Last edited by Its_OP on Feb 5, 2021, 8:33:57 AM
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Thanks! I will try that. I have a maybe stupid question but where and how do people trade for harvest crafting (like removing the fire res)?

TFT Discord.
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
"
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

I did run Witchfire brew for the longest time, but it's indeed not worth it.

pro:
- cheap
- easy to set up

cons:
- small blind radius, that remains on the ground and we are always moving
- overlaps with Flesh and Stone Blind witch it largely superior (always on)
- low dps
- uses a precious flask slot and it's anti-burn/curse/poison.
- with it's lv21 it overrides lower level but more useful curses.

So if you find one during leveling, nice for a while. Else you are better off with a frostbite on hit ring, or other application method.
"
"

Have you considered using just removes and augments of cold? It'll be more expensive, but you can block cold res using this method and increase your chance drastically.

on this helm I can use aug cold once only, the rest will rem/add cold until -9. I want to keep the two other suffixes ;)

the problem is that cold resist has an 8k weight, freeze 1k, and -9 only 250

so 250/(8000+1000+250)*100 = 2.7% chance to hit it.
Last edited by roselan on Feb 5, 2021, 8:44:10 AM
"
Roselan wrote:
"
"

on this helm I can use aug cold once only, the rest will rem/add cold until -9. I want to keep the two other suffixes ;)

Got it. I thought, you wanted to get rid of Int.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info