[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hey guys! So currently getting into the endgame here, really enjoying the build. Been focused on survivability due to being newer at the game, but I feel pretty good about how hard I am to kill at this point and want to focus on upping my DPS more. Looking for reccomendations to increased DPS, but any other catches about anything I'm messing up are appreciated :).

https://pastebin.com/MaJD3TSs

"
deimoss98 wrote:
Hi everyone, I have a couple of basic questions regarding this build. I enjoy it a lot, I spent more than 100 hours with it this league and hope to spend more but I don't understand the numbers I get from PoB to be able to answer them myself.

1) This is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/2zZxdZVj I see basically a half of damage values (1M DoT DPS) in comparison with the build guide (CI version, 1.9M DoT DPS). I understand that some of my gear is suboptimal which can explain some reduction in numbers but the difference is bigger than I expected. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I misconfigured something in PoB because otherwise mapping in T16s feels like a joke. Boss dmg is ok too I guess although it could be better. Any idea about what I am missing here? Is my gear really that trash or I just suck at PoB?

2) The guide recommends Vaal Discipline + Vaal Righteous Fire + Malevolence + Enlighten together in one item slot. I was using Frostbite + Malevolence + Blasphemy + Enlighten and it felt awesome but when I switched to the recommended setup, mapping feels so much worse and less smooth. I guess Vaal RF is great for bosses but it is such a huge drop in quality of life that I am considering switching back to my original setup. Do you think Vaal RF is really worth the QoL decrease?

3) Any ideas about what the next gear improvement focus point should be?

I would appreciate any feedback from the Vortex veterans here, thanks.

definitely not a veteran here, I'm the guy asking for help with my lack of boss DPS two posts up ;) but I spent a bit comparing your POB to mine and to the official guide one. Here's what I found: the guide POB with the out-of-the-box config overstates the DPS because it has the LL auras active by default (Zealotry in particular) on the LL shield. I think it's a side effect of having both configs in POB, you have to turn on and off the appropriate skill groups for the configuration. When I turn off the LL shields, the DPS for the "CI only final" tree drops from 2M to 1.02 on Sirus. Almost exactly the same as yours. So I think there's nothing wrong with your setup and basically if you want to improve the build further you have to switch to LL. Not really sure about whether adding RF, moving frostbite to the wand and removing frost bomb will really help, as RF is only active at a few points but FB on the wand is active most time. It looks like removing FB would drop your DPS substantially on bosses to 866k on Sirus, while dropping FB and adding RF brings you back to 1.1M. So looks like RF would be a temporary boost of DPS of about 8% vs FB, assuming I have used POB appropriately. That also led me to realize that my DPS is still too low on bosses, as I did not have Sirus as the target in my config. So looking at your problem also kind of answered my own question a bit: my dps is still too low on bosses but the CI version of the build tops out at around 1M dps. Whether that's enough probably depends on play style.
Nice catch with disabling the LL skills! Thank you! You are right, maybe it's time to switch to LL.

Btw, choosing Sirus as the boss is a very sad option in PoB, our DPS immediately drops to 1/2. :) But when I fight him, it's like you said, easy-peasy until the last phase begins. The hardest part seems to be evaluating when he starts beaming after the clone phase. So the sad true likely is that we need to learn the fight mechanics better. I got him at Awakening lvl 5 but it was a nail-biter. I'm afraid I won't get any higher without LL or being really good at the fight mechanics.

Regarding the skill swap, I think the main QoL improvement for me is having Blasphemy linked to Malevolence and Frostbite. With Blasphemy, the whole screen explodes without too much effort. Without it, fights take longer and I have to be closer to the enemies. I would still like to hear other's opinion on this.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time and looking into my PoB. And good luck with Sirus. :)

"
BigJules wrote:
definitely not a veteran here, I'm the guy asking for help with my lack of boss DPS two posts up ;) but I spent a bit comparing your POB to mine and to the official guide one. Here's what I found: the guide POB with the out-of-the-box config overstates the DPS because it has the LL auras active by default (Zealotry in particular) on the LL shield. I think it's a side effect of having both configs in POB, you have to turn on and off the appropriate skill groups for the configuration. When I turn off the LL shields, the DPS for the "CI only final" tree drops from 2M to 1.02 on Sirus. Almost exactly the same as yours. So I think there's nothing wrong with your setup and basically if you want to improve the build further you have to switch to LL. Not really sure about whether adding RF, moving frostbite to the wand and removing frost bomb will really help, as RF is only active at a few points but FB on the wand is active most time. It looks like removing FB would drop your DPS substantially on bosses to 866k on Sirus, while dropping FB and adding RF brings you back to 1.1M. So looks like RF would be a temporary boost of DPS of about 8% vs FB, assuming I have used POB appropriately. That also led me to realize that my DPS is still too low on bosses, as I did not have Sirus as the target in my config. So looking at your problem also kind of answered my own question a bit: my dps is still too low on bosses but the CI version of the build tops out at around 1M dps. Whether that's enough probably depends on play style.
For me with Sirus, i only tend to have trouble if the spinning beams plus + clones are happening, and i didnt see which clone he actually is. Then it becomes a bit of a game of luck. Did A7 pretty easily yesterday, though my gear is not exactly cheap.
"
ThePimpShrimp wrote:
"
"
ThePimpShrimp wrote:
Is vile bastion a waste of ascendancy passive when I have a chayula amulet?

It's not if you struggle with survivability (till you take first Large Cluster and Cinderswallow).

I have cinderswallow so that's fine. What do you mean by first large cluster?
I sometimes still get oneshot but I believe cinderswallow replaces vile bastion by a large portion right?

I mean, untill you start adding clusters to your tree. 2 Medium Clusters with both Vile Reinvigoration and Brush With Death socketed in one Large Cluster will sustain your ES in any pack in the game.
Died to two of the elder guardians. I think mostly mistakes, but do wish i had more ES haha. 6,600 a little rough at times. 10 boss maven invite was rough too. Mainly primordial blocks one, and i think either maven or some other boss summoning this volley of projectiles :/
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Feb 2, 2021, 7:24:09 PM
Got my +4 Shavs!!!

Took a lot of Sirus farming to get the EX to afford it :)

Last edited by donbrawler on Feb 3, 2021, 12:01:09 AM
"
donbrawler wrote:
Got my +4 Shavs!!!

Lovely! Congrats! Makes such a huge difference. I really noticed it last league but doubt I will get the currency together this league!!! lol

I finally got a decent stat stick last night, doesn't have the spell damage of a good version but has all the rest we need on this build. So glad to have the Spider skill back. Huge increase in dps for me, makes everything feel much better, bosses dying much more quickly.
"
donbrawler wrote:
Got my +4 Shavs!!!

Is +4 better then +2 Duration, +1 to All Socketed? And why do you have such an expensive chest and non-corrupted Prism?
Last edited by Its_OP on Feb 3, 2021, 5:45:00 AM
Anyone have tips for the endgame Maven boss encounters? Shaper Guardians was EZ but got destroyed by the breachlords. Haven't tried any others yet though. Maybe I should have tried the breachlords white instead of rare haha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info