[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Gixxpunk wrote:
Hello everyone, need some input. Currently have around 14 Exa farmed on my other toon. Thinking of switching to Vortex, as my Arc toon does not seem to hold up against bosses and high tier maps.

What would be the best way to spend that 14 Exa to get a good headstart into this Vortex build? I assume those 2 are mandatory to scale the build into endgame:

6L Shavronne's Wrappings 8 Exa
Presence of Chayula 2.5 Exa

Any other tips from your side would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

you can see the above 2 posts to get an idea of what you can spend on. personally, I think your choices make sense. I would also add that a good vort helm and CDOT wep will help a lot as well. you have some options for shields depending on how you plan to build the character. the rest of the slots can be "fill" - less stringent/lower priority. if the budget allows, insert aspect of spider as well. if you're spending 2.5ex on a POC, you might want to see what anointments you'd like to take.
In order of priority, how worth is grabbing a Lethal Pride timeless jewel for the glancing blows then? Since I believe it's 3.5ex about so was wondering if it's quite huge for the build?

Think I'll focus on trying to 6link my shavs by buying some fusings first, then try to craft a better wand. What would be the next important items to go for if I had a few ex left possibly (depends if I buy that jewel too).

Just trying to gauge what's the most important things for endgame now, thanks for the help previously.
Hello! Apologies for the question, but I haven't been able to find the reason for taking Dark Arts, and when I should spec out of it? I'm assuming its for movement speed while leveling, but I've hit 60 and wondering if I should allocate those points elsewhere now.

Thank you!
"
frost21 wrote:
In order of priority, how worth is grabbing a Lethal Pride timeless jewel for the glancing blows then? Since I believe it's 3.5ex about so was wondering if it's quite huge for the build?

Think I'll focus on trying to 6link my shavs by buying some fusings first, then try to craft a better wand. What would be the next important items to go for if I had a few ex left possibly (depends if I buy that jewel too).

Just trying to gauge what's the most important things for endgame now, thanks for the help previously.

ah yes. you mentioned this a bit earlier, wasn't able to comment on it. from personal experience, I've not placed this on very high priority. we have pretty solid defenses even without this. nice to have, but not required.

if you're finding yourself needing more defenses, you'll have to assess whether it's because you're playing badly (making mistakes, taking necessary damage), or it's because you've reached a stage of difficulty where you actually need the item.

i'd experiment without the jewel first and push content till I realise it's necessary/no further upgrades/unused resources/cash on hand.
"
Ruxxe wrote:
Hello! Apologies for the question, but I haven't been able to find the reason for taking Dark Arts, and when I should spec out of it? I'm assuming its for movement speed while leveling, but I've hit 60 and wondering if I should allocate those points elsewhere now.

Thank you!

I think it's safe for you to spec out of it at 60+ ;)
LOL! Thanks :)

I kept checking the Vortex for Dummies leveling guide and even in Act 8/9 the points were still there, yet I kept thinking "Huh, am I missing something, some hidden synergy?!"

I guess I found my answer! Cheers!
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
frost21 wrote:

ah yes. you mentioned this a bit earlier, wasn't able to comment on it. from personal experience, I've not placed this on very high priority. we have pretty solid defenses even without this. nice to have, but not required.

if you're finding yourself needing more defenses, you'll have to assess whether it's because you're playing badly (making mistakes, taking necessary damage), or it's because you've reached a stage of difficulty where you actually need the item.

i'd experiment without the jewel first and push content till I realise it's necessary/no further upgrades/unused resources/cash on hand.

Ahh interesting, alright I'll hold off on the jewel for now then.

What do you think would be the most important upgrades besides 6 linking the shavs. Nothing too insane like corrupting the chest lol, I would only have like 5-8 ex after 6 linking maybe.Also for crafting the wand what's the order of priority mods you want? In the guide it just lists a desirable list of mods, but it seems +1 cold gems is the most important besides the trigger craft on it?

Yeah I might have to grab the prism corrupted shield if I still can't run double curses once my enlighten hits level 2. I'm currently only using enfeeble and not temp chains yet, so I hope that helps me feel slightly more tanky.

Deff looking for help on a priority list for the wand crafting at the least since plan to do that later today.

Thanks for the help.

Hope Shak is doing all good, hasn't replied to the thread in awhile it feels like, hoping for input on how his priority list would be going into this league endgame too.
Spoiler

"
frost21 wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
frost21 wrote:

Ahh interesting, alright I'll hold off on the jewel for now then.

What do you think would be the most important upgrades besides 6 linking the shavs. Nothing too insane like corrupting the chest lol, I would only have like 5-8 ex after 6 linking maybe.Also for crafting the wand what's the order of priority mods you want? In the guide it just lists a desirable list of mods, but it seems +1 cold gems is the most important besides the trigger craft on it?

Yeah I might have to grab the prism corrupted shield if I still can't run double curses once my enlighten hits level 2. I'm currently only using enfeeble and not temp chains yet, so I hope that helps me feel slightly more tanky.

Deff looking for help on a priority list for the wand crafting at the least since plan to do that later today.

Thanks for the help.

Hope Shak is doing all good, hasn't replied to the thread in awhile it feels like, hoping for input on how his priority list would be going into this league endgame too.

you can see my post and roselan's post earlier for an idea of what you can consider. there's really no hard and fast rules. get anything you can afford that will help immediately. that being said, one thing I find often overlooked is the level of the gems. 6L with lvl 20 or lvl 21 gems are a huge boost to dps. esp if you can get those +1 gem levels on your shield and wep. a vortex helm of the enchantment you want is also a good investment. for mods/rolls, generally i'd say CDOT, trigger, and +1 gem levels are the most important. followed by % cold dmg/spell dmg, % DOT, non-chaos as extra chaos etc.
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on Dec 22, 2019, 3:16:19 PM
Alright cool, will do all that then.

Well turns out you need enlighten level 3 to run both curses, even with enlighten level 2 I didn't have enough mana for neither cold snap or vortex (5l) sadly. Tried to corrupt it but of course it stayed at level 2 :( .

Guess I might have to look into a corrupted prism shield. Or is it probably a better idea to just buy an enlighten level 3 to run the double curses. And instead look for a rare shield with the +1 cold gems mod?
Last edited by frost21 on Dec 22, 2019, 3:55:32 PM
Why do people use rime gaze helm it has such a negative ES recharge rate on it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info