[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:

it's not impossible, so dont be cynical.

I'm not being cynical, I'm being realistic. 3.5-4 Million Shaper DPS for a Vortex league build is absurd. Good luck with your fantasy though.

it's not very useful to debate about this here. so lets just agree to disagree. i've given you a non-exhaustive list of how it's possible, and you've just outright rejected them flatly. seems that there is no room for discussion with you. you haven't given any evidence as to why it's not possible. so neither am I inclined to continue.

if you actually bother to check POBs of the top players, you'd be able to see multiple people hitting 2-2.3m shaper dps currently (this early in the league). it's really just a matter of time, farming, gearing and re-tuning.
Alright I finally got lucky and got an awakened gem to drop which I sold for slightly over 8ex.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to invest more into this build and see how it'll feel for endgame or to look at another build.

I know it won't be t1 clear speed since it's vortex, but I still want to have solid damage for bossing atleast, while feeling tanky for t16 map metas and endgame in general.

Right now my current setup is a 5 link Shavs and the PoC amulet. So the big ticket items would be like grabbing the timeless Lethal Pride jewel (3.5ex), and possibly grabbing a prism corrupted shield for around 2ex? (Is that worth it? I believe my blood magic is almost high enough where I can finally run malevolence and clarity together... still can't run double curses right now though,hope at enlighten level 2 that'll change.

I'd hope with 10-15 ex investment into this build it'd be able to do endgame very well, from my understanding of the guide at least. So if anyone can help me fiure out what direction to go here, would be greatly appreciated.
If you want dmg boost

Hi, any suggestions for anointments in the Low Life build?
"
teyjinshen wrote:
Hi, any suggestions for anointments in the Low Life build?

Check Blood_Sail's post on Page 14 :)
Changed from CI to LL and the difference is huge. With CI I didn't want to run red maps because my damage wasn't enough but now until T15 I didn't have any problem with anything EXCEPT for rarely morph bosses - which it looks like they can bypass my shield??? Or maybe do some 1-shot damage combo (I have 8.2k+ ES). I really have no idea. It happens rarely but makes me very angry every time it happens because I have no idea how am I dying.
Levelling was pretty smooth up until act 7 even with the recommended uniques.
Mapping with vortex and almost 8K ES is safe but my damage isn't as high as I thought it would be.

Any suggested on my character called FootLongSub?
"
frost21 wrote:
Alright I finally got lucky and got an awakened gem to drop which I sold for slightly over 8ex.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to invest more into this build and see how it'll feel for endgame or to look at another build.

I know it won't be t1 clear speed since it's vortex, but I still want to have solid damage for bossing atleast, while feeling tanky for t16 map metas and endgame in general.

Right now my current setup is a 5 link Shavs and the PoC amulet. So the big ticket items would be like grabbing the timeless Lethal Pride jewel (3.5ex), and possibly grabbing a prism corrupted shield for around 2ex? (Is that worth it? I believe my blood magic is almost high enough where I can finally run malevolence and clarity together... still can't run double curses right now though,hope at enlighten level 2 that'll change.

I'd hope with 10-15 ex investment into this build it'd be able to do endgame very well, from my understanding of the guide at least. So if anyone can help me fiure out what direction to go here, would be greatly appreciated.

big ticket items would include 6L shav, getting lvl 21 gems (awakened eventually as well), getting +1 level to cold/all skill gem weapons and shield, or using a prism shield. getting good CDOT rolls on your wep, possibly even gloves. POC with tranq, or even an Aul's. with Aul's you could go for a high ES 6L chest. corrupted bated breath w disc/male/hatred implicit. many ways to skin a cat. in synthesis I was able to grab some chase items such as Aul's to run CI, but when I got the gear below I just went LL. with the prism you can run many auras and use them to boost your defences as well. grab a good vortex helm as well.

Spoiler

these are all gears that were farmed during league over many characters i've played. to the naysayers claiming that you cant get insane dps.
Chest corruption is huge.

If you manage to get +2 aoe and +2 duration on the altar, that's like around 80% more dps, and I will hate you forever and ever. btw, fuck you Alva. I want my two 680ES regalias baaaack T___T

With CI vaal regalias, arcane surge affix is huge too (as is +1 curse) (and I don't speak about the new explody affix that makes me want to reroll altogether).

jewels with +dmg multi and flat cold/spell increase. Big ones offer like 40-50 increased damage. That's better than any anointable node on the tree, and that's before corruption.

End game, you can use doedre ring, or a mark of the shaper + elder opal ring, or even more crazy rings.

Edit: oh I forgot about that shit, but I'm pretty sure some madman will come up with a build that includes "Shocking Conflux" (affix on a helm) for 50% more dmg. But that's won't be me as I'm bad at maths and PoB. And Poe too, and life, but that's another story. Ps: did I say fuck you Alva? Fuck you Alva.
Last edited by roselan on Dec 22, 2019, 10:42:33 AM
Hello everyone, need some input. Currently have around 14 Exa farmed on my other toon. Thinking of switching to Vortex, as my Arc toon does not seem to hold up against bosses and high tier maps.

What would be the best way to spend that 14 Exa to get a good headstart into this Vortex build? I assume those 2 are mandatory to scale the build into endgame:

6L Shavronne's Wrappings 8 Exa
Presence of Chayula 2.5 Exa

Any other tips from your side would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info