[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

What would you guys recommend as a passive to use with oil attunement? I'm currently running CI (5k ES). One day when I can afford a Shavronne, I'll switch to LL.
Can someone please post a vid of the build in action clearing some yellow/red maps?
"
xuanlia wrote:
What would you guys recommend as a passive to use with oil attunement? I'm currently running CI (5k ES). One day when I can afford a Shavronne, I'll switch to LL.

I have been wondering the same thing, I have been looking at various options. My top picks, will probably change depending on which oils I'm able to get:

Damage
Tranquility: 5% ES and Transfiguration of Soul (30% of % ES nodes going to spell damage)
Hands down best anoint for damage AND gives ES. Best one. (Requires 2 golden oils though, which are sitting around 1-1.3 ex each right now...)

Growth and Decay: 20% increased DoT. 10% DoT multi.
Second highest damage. (Also takes a golden oil, might as well just save up for Tranquility)

Ailment Effectiveness/Damage
Flash Freeze: 24% Cold Damage, 10% chance to freeze, 10% increased chill effect.
If you want more cold damage and effectiveness.

Storm Weaver: 25% cold damage, 20% mana regen, 10% effect of non-damaging ailments (chill/freeze).
Nice for mana and damage, has some chill in there.

These are nice if you want to scale the cold effects, the nodes are about half damage of the pure damage nodes though. Cheaper/budget alternatives.

Defense
Deflection: 4% spell block, 4% attack block, 8% projectile block, 40% increased def from shield (ES)
Probably the best one I think, tons of block from 3 different sources, and more ES on top of it. I'll probably end up going with this one for a while.

Sanctuary: 3% Spell and Attack Block, 12 to all res.
Pretty top notch, as much spell and block as tempest shield, and helps reduce the need for resists on gear. (Or help you in still remaining capped under ele curses)

Void Barrier: 15% inc evasion rating, 10% max ES, 10% ES recharge rate, 8 all res.
I think this is pretty top notch, especially, if you want more raw ES improvements and has some all res on top of it. (Golden Oil AND Silver Oil though)

I think any of these are good choices, just depends on what you want.
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Dec 18, 2019, 4:05:02 PM
JeagerX,

Spoiler
Idk what you mean by a link not working for HC. The build might be theb est overall build for hardcore in 3.9. If you want to feel even safer, take some more ES nodes I guess.

frost21,

Spoiler
The best wand bases are Opal, Tornado, or Prophecy. For ilvl, grab 84 if you want the best possible rolls, or 76+ for still good mods.

diinhoca,

Spoiler
Yes, you drop the CWDT setup for low-life. I'm not sure what you mean by crafting tricks to accomodate your gems. If you could give me an example, it would help a lot.

nsantos06,

Spoiler
The PoB comes with 5 or 6 different trees. The OOS leveling tree should be used until you switch to Vortex.

IzorkX and Biratancho,

Spoiler
Witchfire Brew is the standard answer for this, as it provides a ton of damage early on and gives you that pop for clear. You could use a Curse on Hit ring or wand, or drop an aura for now to run Blasphemy and a curse. Multiple ways to do it.

BrauHagen,

Spoiler
The PoB and trees are in section 1.4

Higuey,

Spoiler
Videos will be coming soon. It's been a nightmare trying to progress my atlas this league, and I still feel like I don't understand it. I've only been able to find 1 or 2 red maps, and didn't sustain them yet. Working on it.

For the attunements, Tranquility is by FAR the best. Nothing else is even close to its overall effectiveness.

Deflection and Flash Freeze are my next choices if I couldn't afford Tranq

Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
I also was wondering in regards to the curse setup since once you do your uber lab for Profane Bloom. I'm currently not using any curses and saw the suggestions previously about grabbing a witchfire brew flask. I was thinking I'd rather not do that since I want to be able to keep three non unique flasks for bleed removal/curse removal and shock removal.

Is that a good idea? So should I drop clarity as one of my auras currently and instead link blasphemy and a curse? Or is clarity actually very useful?

Also what curse do you suggest then? Enfeeble or another?

Doing yellow maps currently without much struggle while still on a 4link and no CDWT setup since lacking the strength lol.

Crafted a shitty wand with trigger socketed spells, decent damage boost and rocking about near 9k ES now I believe. Won't be going LL anytime soon since Shav's is expensive and I've had terrible luck with drops.
So, at my 83+- level i finally changed my 4link chest to a Shav and with 5 links and crafted trigger on weapon and took Elemental equlibrium. Went from 8700 ES and 85k dps to like 285k dps and 8300 ES. Awesome so far.
Chaos explosions are very important imho. Im using blasphemy+frostbite+inc aoe on mana, like 250 mana reserve Clarity for regen and Discipline. After i bought shav i added Malevolence to my HP.
What are your thoughts on dropping vile bastion for malediction after getting a shavs & presence of chayulu? Would allow enfeeble-temp chains blasphemy setup
"
Zenu wrote:
What are your thoughts on dropping vile bastion for malediction after getting a shavs & presence of chayulu? Would allow enfeeble-temp chains blasphemy setup

Thats exactly what you should be doing. It's also what the guide says (end-game and low-life)
Had a really productive day: Finished uberlab, got myself a 5L Shavronne and moved from CI to LL, got a few more upgrades.

Now, I want to get a presence neck and upgrade my rares to up my ES value (at 6k right now). I also need to get a few more levels for some more nodes (including jewel nodes!) and respec away from vile bastion since I have a dual curse setup now. I also need to craft the trigger enchant on my weapon...

"

Any easy upgrade I should focus on first?
"
xuanlia wrote:
Had a really productive day: Finished uberlab, got myself a 5L Shavronne and moved from CI to LL, got a few more upgrades.

Now, I want to get a presence neck and upgrade my rares to up my ES value (at 6k right now). I also need to get a few more levels for some more nodes (including jewel nodes!) and respec away from vile bastion since I have a dual curse setup now. I also need to craft the trigger enchant on my weapon...

"

Any easy upgrade I should focus on first?

Nice Gear!
Upgrade your wand with trigger socketed spell. It's a big boost with ele eq!
Presence of chalupa, anoint, reroll implicits on your gear to Max!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info