[3.9] Purifying Flame Sabo | 7kEHP | 2mln Shaper DPS | All content | League starter

Hello!
I would like to share with you my Sabo Purifying Flame Miner.
It is great league starter - with decent rare items you can get ~1.5-2mln+ shaper DPS. With ~7k eHP (MoM), 75% Dodge, 65+% Evade with basic/SSF gear and additional defensive layers available if you don’t play SSF.

3.9 Metamorph League
New PoB added. No big nerfs or buffs to the build in this patch. New shield Mistwall should be nice at the beginning of the league if it is not very expensive.
Some bosses now take reduced damage for a short period immediately after becoming targetable - this is QOL nerf to mines overall, but shouldn't be a big problem. Buff to Wand spell damage.

POB: There are three 'Item sets' and 'Trees' versions for Start League(SSF), Mid Game and Late Game.
I will probably add End Game version after league starts and we know more about new influence items.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/wfKCyzi4


Why you might be interested in this build?

Purifying Flame - self heal, huge AOE, fast clearing, no targeting, strong single target DPS.

Very tanky Sabo - 7k eHP, 75% attack and spell dodge, High evasion, Blind, high life recovery etc.
Even with SSF gear this build is very tanky - non-SSF version is even crazier.

The Agnostic + Indigon + Enduring mana flask [NOT SSF] - Militant Faith jewel is very cheap (~15c last league), Indigon is not very popular helmet so it should be affordable (1c last league). Together they give you an amazing defense boost.

Elusive buff on Saboteur (optional) - thanks to Whirling Blades + Nightblade (and quite high crit chance) you get Elusive often when you speed through maps. Whirling Blades are surprisingly good movement spell for Sabo and works very well with Smoke Mine. It was supposed to be just an short experiment, but I fell in love with this mechanic. It is 100% optional - you can just go with Shield Charge or Flame Dash (you lose Elusive tho), but i would recommend trying it.

All content | League starter:
This was my league starter in Blight and I was super happy with it.
It can do Shaper, Uber Elder, all map mods and all map tiers with budget rare gear. I did go to 350 delve depth with zero RIPs - probably could push much further but I have limited time for playing. Mines overall are great against bosses, so it should be fantastic starter for metamorph league. New unique shield Mistwall will be a nice buff too.

The Agnostic + Indigon + Enduring mana flask mechanics:
Spoiler
Militant Faith (Venarius) jewel was cheapest timeless jewel in Blight and probably will be cheapest in next league. The Agnostic keystone you get from it is not very good on its own, but with Indigon and new Enduring Mana Flask it is nice defense boost.
The Agnostic removes all your energy shield, but makes you recover 20% of you HP per second by sacrificing 20% mana per second.
Indigon with Enduring Mana flask gives you another 360/sec life AND mana recovery.

Also Indigon has a line “Recover 10% of life when you use a Mana Flask” that works as additional ‘panic button’ - with Chemist prefix you can use Mana Flask up to 7 times, that means you can instantly recover 70% of your life. Add to that 20%/sec life recovery from Agnostic and 16%/sec life rec from mines and 360hp/sec from flask and you can basically recover all your life in a second. And this is just one of your defensive layers.

Tip: When you do maps and If you have all three items (Militant Faith, Indigon, Enduring mana flask) what you want to do is to spam Mana flask before you kill monster pack. Enduring mana flask can stack so by spaming it you make it last longer. After each monster pack spam it again and again. That way you get ~10% eHP recovery/sec all the time, it doesn't end when you reach max life/mana.


Budget Gear/SSF/League start/HC viable?:
Spoiler
Like i said before, you can play this build in SSF without problem.
In my POB you can find ‘league starter’ version (SSF) and ‘late game’ version (probably not rly SSF, tho who knows…) with different gear sets and skill trees for each version.
With League starter version you need decent rare gear with mods priority
-Life
-Res
-Mana
-Evasion
-Attributes (you will probably need some str and dex, not much).
With good rolls you should get ~5k HP 2k Mana (unreserved), max dodge and good evasion 7k eHP with MoM.
We can throw ~10 mines in a second, so with 150k-200k dmg per mine you can easily do 2mln+ shaper DPS with SSF gear and ~4-5mln shaper DPS with Late Game gear. PoB doesn’t calculate mine auras correctly so it is probably even more.
I don’t play hardcore but IMHO this build is HC viable.


Gems:
Spoiler

6Link: High-Impact Mine > Purifying Flame > Trap and Mine DMG > Inspiration > Elemental Focus > Minefield (or Swift Assembly)
5Link: High-Impact Mine > Purifying Flame > Trap and Mine DMG > Inspiration > Minefield

4Link: High-Impact Mine > Flammability > Wave of Conviction > Smoke Mine

4Link: Cast When Damage Taken(5) > Enfeeble(8) > Immortal Call(7) > Cold Snap(10)

4Link: Clarity > Precision > Cast on Death > Portal

3Link: Vaal Grace > Herald of Ash > Vaal Righteous Fire

3Link: Whirling Blades + Nightblade + Faster Attacks
Sudo 5Link: [Faster Attacks + Increased Critical Strikes from Dagger] > Whirling Blades > Nightblade > Fortify


To do:
Spoiler

In depth section about Gems choice.
End Game Gear.
End game videos.
Pantheon.
Last edited by Logan_we on Dec 11, 2019, 3:57:55 PM
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2019, 6:24:48 AM
You should post up a video when you get a chance. I was considering respec'ing my 91 sabo to a different mine setup for kicks later on. It'll probably be a purifying flames version (life, similar to yours).

Though check out BalorMage's ES version, he's pushing Delve 600 with it pretty easily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02CH60dsTS8
T16 Lair of the Hydra


T15 Dark Forest [Breach, Blight and Boss]


Because of my potato-PC i have trouble recording vids - my game slows down alot, so these do not fully reflect how fast you can go with this build.
This weekend I will try to play with the settings, maybe it will help.

Last edited by Logan_we on Oct 4, 2019, 6:00:55 AM
Some great use of mechanics and a cool build. Gave me some new ideas to try.
Thanks for posting!
The overall basis with this mine is pretty versatile.
For defensives can go ES. Can go life+leech with soul tether and machina mitts for that Vaal Pact level HP restore. Can try life mana+mom etc with more than one essence worm. For offensive I've seen two versions, one with a 6L Tremor Rod and Xoph's Blood for full fire convert, and the other being with a 6L Infernal Mantle and some Gain Ele/Non Chaos to Chaos wands+elder amulet for min-max'ing dps.

The overall spell itself is really great due to the high multiplier, good crit base, large aoe, high base damage, and can take advantage of converting phys to ele to chaos shenanigans for some strong dps.

Still not sure what to try myself but at least there's plenty of options.
I have tried a similar build to great success.

However I went bow+quiver to fully convert to fire.

Quiver: signal fire, 50% convert and 40% gain

Bow: multimod bow
+1 all skills
+2 supp gems
Mine dmg

Multi craft
Crit multi
Mine throw speed

2 x circle of anguish with 90%+ hoash buff effect (practically triples your gain as fire)

Wear either kaoms heart or carcass jack for more aoe.

And cranking out the dmg. I just cant stand the clunkyness of throwing mines using minefield, it locks up my character and got me killed several times.

The dmg is there though.
I'm running a squishy work in progress glass canon variant of it so far. Mainly using stuff to do phys to other ele conversion and non chaos/ele to chaos conversion stuff including using a 6L Infernal Mantle (they're dirt cheap, can get uncorrupted 6L of those for 30c).

Haven't pushed it past T11 yet, but the dps is pretty nuts so far. A lot more work and refinement to do, but it does have some great potential.
Just for shits and giggles I stole natherox's PoB gear, slightly altered his Divine Ire Tree and made a completely stupidly expensive total DPS build variant. I could never afford it myself, so I can't speak for it's effectiveness, but the average hit IS over 9 million Boss DPS with everything down (over 7 million without Shock allocated).

There are probably many 100+ exalt builds out there that are better than this one... but as I said - shits and giggles. Have a look for lols if you want. PoB: https://pastebin.com/xgeHWEmW

Personally I run a very similar build to the OP. Except no Militant Faith. I use Skitterbots, HoA with two Circle of Anguish rings, MoM, Indigon - about 150 chaos worth of gear all in all. Nothing special. It is actually pretty tanky as long as you keep your distance from Bosses and don't get one shot. T16 is no worries, haven't done Shaper or Uber Elder yet, but knowing the fights already I can tell you they won't be an issue damage wise, just have to dodge their major attacks. The only consideration is the low life due to Indigon and the rings having no HP. MoM helps and with an Enduring Eternal Mana Flask I have never had any mana problems.

Thanks again to the OP. Hope everyone is having fun with the build.
I thought I was original with my build, but I guess you thought of it first.

Here's my Eternity Shroud CI build, pumping out 1.5 mil Shaper DPS per hit

https://pastebin.com/k33n5g0M
I did small update in guide pre patch notes (and added new PoB) and will try to do more updates before league starts. Ty for all comments!

"
Chucacobra wrote:
Some great use of mechanics and a cool build. Gave me some new ideas to try.
Thanks for posting!


Ty!

"
reciprocate wrote:
The overall basis with this mine is pretty versatile.
For defensives can go ES. Can go life+leech with soul tether and machina mitts for that Vaal Pact level HP restore. Can try life mana+mom etc with more than one essence worm. For offensive I've seen two versions, one with a 6L Tremor Rod and Xoph's Blood for full fire convert, and the other being with a 6L Infernal Mantle and some Gain Ele/Non Chaos to Chaos wands+elder amulet for min-max'ing dps.

The overall spell itself is really great due to the high multiplier, good crit base, large aoe, high base damage, and can take advantage of converting phys to ele to chaos shenanigans for some strong dps.

Still not sure what to try myself but at least there's plenty of options.


For sure! There is many ways you can go about doing Sabo.
Alot of people goes ES. I prefer MoM because of dodge and evasion, but ES version can have waaay more buffs and has sick DMG. Maybe i will add ES version later to my PoB.

"
reciprocate wrote:
I'm running a squishy work in progress glass canon variant of it so far. Mainly using stuff to do phys to other ele conversion and non chaos/ele to chaos conversion stuff including using a 6L Infernal Mantle (they're dirt cheap, can get uncorrupted 6L of those for 30c).

Haven't pushed it past T11 yet, but the dps is pretty nuts so far. A lot more work and refinement to do, but it does have some great potential.


Glass canon variant is for sure a option, I really don't like dying thats why I tried to make this build as tanky as possible.

"
dejuvenate wrote:
I have tried a similar build to great success.

However I went bow+quiver to fully convert to fire.

Quiver: signal fire, 50% convert and 40% gain

Bow: multimod bow
+1 all skills
+2 supp gems
Mine dmg

Multi craft
Crit multi
Mine throw speed

2 x circle of anguish with 90%+ hoash buff effect (practically triples your gain as fire)

Wear either kaoms heart or carcass jack for more aoe.

And cranking out the dmg. I just cant stand the clunkyness of throwing mines using minefield, it locks up my character and got me killed several times.

The dmg is there though.


Yeah, i was thinking about going multimod bow or staff in next league but than i saw Mistwall and as defense junkie i decided to stay with shield ;P

100% agree with your comment about minefield. For maping I use Swift Assembly, minefield for hard bosses like Uber Elder.

"
Chucacobra wrote:
Just for shits and giggles I stole natherox's PoB gear, slightly altered his Divine Ire Tree and made a completely stupidly expensive total DPS build variant. I could never afford it myself, so I can't speak for it's effectiveness, but the average hit IS over 9 million Boss DPS with everything down (over 7 million without Shock allocated).

There are probably many 100+ exalt builds out there that are better than this one... but as I said - shits and giggles. Have a look for lols if you want. PoB: https://pastebin.com/xgeHWEmW

Personally I run a very similar build to the OP. Except no Militant Faith. I use Skitterbots, HoA with two Circle of Anguish rings, MoM, Indigon - about 150 chaos worth of gear all in all. Nothing special. It is actually pretty tanky as long as you keep your distance from Bosses and don't get one shot. T16 is no worries, haven't done Shaper or Uber Elder yet, but knowing the fights already I can tell you they won't be an issue damage wise, just have to dodge their major attacks. The only consideration is the low life due to Indigon and the rings having no HP. MoM helps and with an Enduring Eternal Mana Flask I have never had any mana problems.

Thanks again to the OP. Hope everyone is having fun with the build.


Thanks for comment and PoB!

"
HwtChirino wrote:
I thought I was original with my build, but I guess you thought of it first.

Here's my Eternity Shroud CI build, pumping out 1.5 mil Shaper DPS per hit

https://pastebin.com/k33n5g0M


Well, this is very diffrent build, so all credits to you! :)
Looks very nice, probably too expensive for me, especially now when shaper gear will be harder to find, but thx for posting PoB!
Last edited by Logan_we on Dec 10, 2019, 1:28:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info