[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

"
cuorebrave wrote:
So would I just add "60% more damage with poison" to one of the two claws?

Here's my PoB, let me know.

https://pastebin.com/5fXThYqa

Correct.

I'm hideout farming. Viewers get 4 of my portals when i find one.

https://www.twitch.tv/lunartuna
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Don't get me wrong, the damage of this build is better than the other one, and obviously way strong enough to do all content, but from a calculation point of view...

Shock - POB calculates this at the full 50%. The only way I know how to calculate this accurately is to use the mod - "Enemies take X% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them"

Skitterbots give 20%. You have two ailments set - Poison + Chilled. So if you give your blue flask Enemies take 10% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them, this should be a more realistic Value you can toggle on. (note: if you do the same with 25%, you get the same exact value as shock, so i double checked this math is calculated the same).

This takes the damage to 15 Million / 5.6 Million Shaper DPS

"Is the enemy on Full Life" checked off which is a pretty bogus dps buff, since the enemy will not be at full life after a single poison dot or venom gyre projectile hits it. The full life buff is pretty much ensuring white mob trash is cleared and a larger chunk for rares... but... since this build relies on a lot of weaker attacks stacking vs one large strong attack, it's not really relevant for the calculations. You are mainly taking this for the Culling Strike.

The low life one is probably more relevant for bosses potentially because of a larger HP pool, so you would get the damage buff for about 33% of the fight... except you have culling strike, so it's only relevant for (23/90ths of the fight) but... it's completely dependant on the mob, and in most cases, neither will be active.

This takes the damage to 11 Million / 4 Million Shaper DPS (this includes the 20% shock, but no bonus from full)

Without both is 9.9 million / 3.6 shaper DPS.

Which is still pretty darn good.

I probably wouldn't even have done the extra math if it wasn't in the title.

Last edited by wakasm on Oct 3, 2019, 10:35:56 PM
"
wakasm wrote:
Don't get me wrong, the damage of this build is better than the other one, and obviously way strong enough to do all content, but from a calculation point of view...

Shock - POB calculates this at the full 50%. The only way I know how to calculate this accurately is to use the mod - "Enemies take X% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them"

Skitterbots give 20%. You have two ailments set - Poison + Chilled. So if you give your blue flask Enemies take 10% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them, this should be a more realistic Value you can toggle on. (note: if you do the same with 25%, you get the same exact value as shock, so i double checked this math is calculated the same).

This takes the damage to 13 Million / 5 Million Shaper DPS

"Is the enemy on Full Life" checked off which is a pretty bogus dps buff, since the enemy will not be at full life after a single poison dot or venom gyre projectile hits it. The full life buff is pretty much ensuring white mob trash is cleared and a larger chunk for rares... but... since this build relies on a lot of weaker attacks stacking vs one large strong attack, it's not really relevant for the calculations. You are mainly taking this for the Culling Strike.

The low life one is probably more relevant for bosses potentially because of a larger HP pool, so you would get the damage buff for about 33% of the fight... except you have culling strike, so it's only relevant for (23/90ths of the fight) but... it's completely dependant on the mob, and in most cases, neither will be active.

This takes the damage to 10 Million / 3.6 Million Shaper DPS

Which is still pretty darn good.

I probably wouldn't even have done the extra math if it wasn't in the title.

I know shock is maxed out in PoB but it is for every build that has it ticked so the numbers are still relevant in a build comparison point of view for skitterbot users.

I'm not sure about the shock calculation, in my pob right now i'm at 17.1 mil, if i untick shock it takes it to 13.7 million, so your number of 13 million after adding "Enemies take X% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them" doesnt make sense to me.

For Ambush and assassinate, i'm not sure how else to represent the damage increase there for 35% - 10% of almost all crits with perfect agony and then culling strike. when i tick low life instead the dps is inflated even more lol.

The first hit on enemies full life thing i notice a lot with the projectiles shot out from whirling blades. You will see a single blade hit a pack at the edge of the screen and kill some monstors then asenaths will explode the rest of the pack.

"
I'm not sure about the shock calculation, in my pob right now i'm at 17.1 mil, if i untick shock it takes it to 13.7 million, so your number of 13 million after adding "Enemies take X% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them" doesnt make sense to me.

You are correct, I was toggling both when I wrote it (POB is easy to make these mistakes), i updated the original to show all 3 states, but the end result reduction is about the same. I rounded up to 11 mil for the final output to make it clearer.

And just because other's inflate the value, doesn't mean that there aren't people pointing out that it's incorrect in their threads as well. There are entire videos/threads about "POB Warriors" inflating with these toggled and how bad it can be for new players when they try and mimic a build, but don't come close in DPS because they are missing something or thinking a certain affect (like shock) will contribute more than it should.

People also argue stats like Vaal Haste should also be toggled off, and in some instances, and charges you get "on kill" because when comparing "Shaper DPS", you are mostly comparing it to a boss where you aren't killing things.

A shaper kill video would most likely be the thing to guage how close to your POB calculations are, and how much an effect the extra bonuses would be, because it's pretty well documented how fast Shaper should die at 6 million (which is faster than the kill of the Minotaur in your videos).

Again - This build is Great, but I just think if you are going to put an advertised DPS in the title, you should do it without the inflation. The DPS output inside POB is basically a MAX DPS if all things go perfect and triggered all at once. You'll never shock 50%, and you'll never sustain damage at full life.

Basically, should be counting effects that are guaranteed to be there during a Shaper fight for Shaper DPS. For clear, it doesn't really matter, ebcause at a certain threshold, you will be clearing well anyway, and you already noted that in the build description.

Last edited by wakasm on Oct 3, 2019, 10:38:15 PM
I did notice you can get somewhat reliable power charges into the build (if you wanted them) by replacing Blood Magic with Generate Power Charges on Crit. I don't know how critical the Blood Magic is with your mana reduction. That does get some of that dps back.
"
wakasm wrote:
"

You are correct, I was toggling both when I wrote it (POB is easy to make these mistakes), i updated the original to show all 3 states, but the end result reduction is about the same. I rounded up to 11 mil for the final output to make it clearer.

And just because other's inflate the value, doesn't mean that there aren't people pointing out that it's incorrect in their threads as well. There are entire videos/threads about "POB Warriors" inflating with these toggled and how bad it can be for new players when they try and mimic a build, but don't come close in DPS because they are missing something or thinking a certain affect (like shock) will contribute more than it should.

People also argue stats like Vaal Haste should also be toggled off, and in some instances, and charges you get "on kill" because when comparing "Shaper DPS", you are mostly comparing it to a boss where you aren't killing things.

A shaper kill video would most likely be the thing to guage how close to your POB calculations are, and how much an effect the extra bonuses would be, because it's pretty well documented how fast Shaper should die at 6 million (which is faster than the kill of the Minotaur in your videos).

Again - This build is Great, but I just think if you are going to put an advertised DPS in the title, you should do it without the inflation. The DPS output inside POB is basically a MAX DPS if all things go perfect and triggered all at once. You'll never shock 50%, and you'll never sustain damage at full life.

Basically, should be counting effects that are guaranteed to be there during a Shaper fight for Shaper DPS. For clear, it doesn't really matter, ebcause at a certain threshold, you will be clearing well anyway, and you already noted that in the build description.

I see where your coming from and agree with a lot of it.

Some stuff inflates the numbers but we are also missing a lot of dps. We are definitely applying more than 10 stacks of poison with a 10 second duration at 8 attacks per second, with returning projectiles 16 hits on target a second. so 160 stacks with perfect flask management and everything up. Now we are at 49 million dps. And what if you have plague bearer running too, and the extra projectile hits whenever you whirling blades to refesh fortify or dodge one shots. with the helm enchant at 16 hits a second = 32 hits x 20% chance 6.4 stacks + another 6 stacks for 5.9 seconds whenever withering step goes off. so 12.4 stacks of wither.. some of the time? how do we work that in lol. After all that missing dps is 17 million accurate again? who the hell knows lmao :)

Its going to be impossible to get the numbers perfect.

Until we have accurate calculations for missing dps i'm going to leave the config.

It will be impossible to get the config right to please everyone, the next person that checks this out will probably disagree with both of us haha. But i appreciate the effort and feed back my dude!
"
wakasm wrote:
I did notice you can get somewhat reliable power charges into the build (if you wanted them) by replacing Blood Magic with Generate Power Charges on Crit. I don't know how critical the Blood Magic is with your mana reduction. That does get some of that dps back.

I like this idea. Blood magic in that link is a remnant from the old build thread.

In my hideout if i remove blood magic mana regens fast enough to still whirling blades consecutively.

I'm going to try it out!

Thanks for your build guide. currently still need some currency to change my armor to belly and enchant my helmet to get wither on hit.

The old build feel like i cannot fight uber elder keep on die hope to see this build work out for me.

may i know what the thing i still need to improve? other than my armor and helmet
"
neoxhero wrote:

Thanks for your build guide. currently still need some currency to change my armor to belly and enchant my helmet to get wither on hit.

The old build feel like i cannot fight uber elder keep on die hope to see this build work out for me.

may i know what the thing i still need to improve? other than my armor and helmet

Everything looks good. Pretty much the same as my gear. Maybe try to get a ring with 350-450 accuracy on it.

Personally i'm working on getting enough life and resists in my rings and belt to switch my helmet to this

I also have a rat's nest with the same enchant that im considering but my gf is wearing it on her char lol.

So far i have this belt for more life and replacement for the helm strength

I cant wear it until i get some different rings though because it throws my resists off.
Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 4, 2019, 2:59:25 AM
"
Lunartuna wrote:

is this helm good?

and how long did u use to enchant helm to that withered on hit ?

and which mean u will get two type of foot print?
Last edited by neoxhero on Oct 4, 2019, 3:43:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info