[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Great build!

I am having some trouble. I have enlighten level 4. It makes Zealotry 43% mana reserved and Discipline 29%. How can I fit Aspect of the Spider too which is 31% ?
I already have the reduced mana reservation node.

Any help please?

"
teeko84 wrote:
Great build!

I am having some trouble. I have enlighten level 4. It makes Zealotry 43% mana reserved and Discipline 29%. How can I fit Aspect of the Spider too which is 31% ?
I already have the reduced mana reservation node.

Any help please?

The problem is that your Aspect of the Spider is supported by arcane surge and the mana reservation is increased by 30%. The solution is easy, just move the vortex setup to your helmet and the aura setup to your boots.
"
NomadFX wrote:
Shav is no Prob, you can still hit 10-11k es (with watchers)

I am curious if lowlife is really worth it compared to more ES / chaos immune. Personally I am leaning towards more ES / chaos immune as dmg seems already plenty and the other auras don't add that much.

@N0esy / @NomadFX feedback on my thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by foojin on Nov 28, 2019, 6:09:44 AM
"
foojin wrote:
"
NomadFX wrote:

I am curious if lowlife is really worth it compared to more ES / chaos immune. Personally I am leaning towards more ES / chaos immune as dmg seems already plenty and the other auras don't add that much.

I like tanky builds, so I prefer CI. But you know, many people like builds that deal more damage.
Thanks for the reply N0esy, indeed I had some mistakes in my stuff, thanks for the advices, I made some changes :)
"
foojin wrote:
"
NomadFX wrote:

For me lowlife makes this build much more flexible. you can shave in 3 more auras, if you choose devensive or offensive ones is totaly up to you.

I love CI, playing CI chars since 2012 mostly exclusivly but beeing able to survive as a lowlife char, makes me feel like playing the ultimate build.
last time i enjoyed low life was back to the glorious wander-times.

with that setup im at 9,3k ES now and i have still plenty of options to get to 11k+. (watchers, ES-precursor, legacy shav etc.) and this is with a pure offensive setup. you could switch thunder for arctic armor, wrath for vaal grace and so on as the damage is high enough.

as i was finished toddling around and decided to go from 96-97 i honestly died only 2 times and it was both times because of overconfidence. currently at 33% to 98 and died 0 times (playing all content incl. Uber Elder).

the downside: it*s expensive as f*. but i got realy lucky with a lots of slots. helmet base with ench. only 2 ex. boots also selfcrafted ~ 5 ex. ring selfcrafted. belt only 10 ex (very cheap). precursor only 6 ex (a steal)!

the char is so much fun, i decided to make it 100 in standard. i have some nice legacy gear waiting there which makes my es 12k without sacrificing dps.

but yeah, CI is totaly fine too! LL is more fun if you are into min-maxing.

pastebin: https://pastebin.com/tU2F4K1Z

gear

Last edited by NomadFX on Nov 29, 2019, 6:40:24 AM
"
N0esy wrote:

I like tanky builds, so I prefer CI. But you know, many people like builds that deal more damage.

Thanks!

"
NomadFX wrote:

Thanks for the long post on low-life :)

Currently level 65, few more and I'll be good to go with vaal regalia / shapers touch etc...

Few more questions:
- Why go ghost reaver? Beyond the lightning leech we have very little?
- Why go Zealots Oath, just for regen from cons. ground?
- How deep can this build delve?
- How would you compare the build to whispering ice? Another popular cyclone spell build. To me this one feels much smoother to play, but maybe less tanky?
- What do you think of this CoC build: https://pastebin.com/U9HEBwd7
Last edited by foojin on Nov 29, 2019, 1:49:34 PM
"
foojin wrote:

Few more questions:
- Why go ghost reaver? Beyond the lightning leech we have very little?
- Why go Zealots Oath, just for regen from cons. ground?
- How deep can this build delve?
- How would you compare the build to whispering ice? Another popular cyclone spell build. To me this one feels much smoother to play, but maybe less tanky?
- What do you think of this CoC build: https://pastebin.com/U9HEBwd7

- because of double recoery from leech. i tried wthout, it just feels more safe with it.
- yep, you need it.
- not sure, i setteled for 350.
- never played wispering ice. but with my MJ setup, clearing maps is very smooth. not the optimum damage choice tho.
- no time yet, need to play. i will take a look on monday at this build

cheers.
Thanks again for the replies.

My current gear (sitting on 6.5K ES):

Got the chest and ES on hit jewel for 2 EX each, gloves for 20C and mjolnir for 22C. Other stuff came from my WI build.

Edit: upgraded helmet with 5% less reserved, enl 3, 4% less reserved node on the tree and I'm now running flesh and stone as my 4th aura (besides disc-zea-prec.).

Shavs 6L was 4+EX and with my other gear not being that good yet I figured not going low-life at the start is better. Also I am broke now :P

What annoys me most is not getting 3G in my chest with all of my chromes (over 800, none left).

Last thought - with low life and running AA I would think Tukohama is a good choice for phys mitigation.
Last edited by foojin on Nov 30, 2019, 5:36:21 AM
Tukohama is a trerrible choice. bloodmagic on that thing is global. better get a corrupted prism with x % phys damage taken as lightning damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info