3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

good build... but my eyes....
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
Hey guys!

Got a Yoke of Suffering on SSF, and I'm thinking of trying this build one more time.

Between Pyre, Emberwake and Malachai's Artifice (got one of each), what should I use?
Emberwake's +1 ignite mod is now supported in the latest POB (the community fork.)
been playing this in ssf, feels really smooth. story mode went easily and the burning prolifs feels great

single target leaves a bit to be desired, need to work in flambility curse and maybe a scorching ray or holy fire totem to drop on bosses

mapping is easy peasy, super tanky + amazing clear

doing a blood magic version since i hate mana potions

very fun build, especially if your looking for a chieftain caster. harvest crafting makes +1 fire wand and shield fairly easy as well

sitting at 5k hp at lvl 76, doing tier 1-5 maps with ease. even ele reflect goes okay since we do so little upfront dmg

emberwakes and a searing touch arent super rare either, and crafting a +3 fire gem staff also isnt very difficult. lots of room for dps increases as well as great hp pool thanks to chieftain

a+ would recommend
Last edited by frawrst on Jul 17, 2020, 4:37:55 PM
Thought I'd transfer over a failed maurader to this, and seems quite tanky and an easy play style.

I've based my build on the the Blood Magic build as that seemed to be the one others had most success with.

One question ... Elemental Overload. It rarely seems to Proc for me. What have others done to get regular crits to proc it?

Cheers, Zed
I'm looking for someone to help me out in terms of survivability. I tried bringing this build to the top of my currency and I still seem to suffer from random deaths:

1). Complete one shots despite having all resistances at 75% (even chaos)
2). A 7.5k life pool
3). 1.2 mil. ignite dps, which I can't seem to get up further without changing vital parts of the build (helmet, neck and ring)
4). 74% physical damage reduction and 24% evasion

I would appreciate any insights anyone could give. My flasks are pretty much up all the time, except with bosses.

pob link: https://pastebin.com/unzP3tBf

I'm really at a loss and at the point of accepting I just suck at this game. I still have about 15 ex I could invest into the character if there's anything I overlooked.
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
Thought I'd transfer over a failed maurader to this, and seems quite tanky and an easy play style.

I've based my build on the the Blood Magic build as that seemed to be the one others had most success with.

One question ... Elemental Overload. It rarely seems to Proc for me. What have others done to get regular crits to proc it?

Cheers, Zed

I only have 6% crit and elemental overload is up pretty much 100%. So, only if your like even lower on it, it might be proccing less.

Could get like 20% crit chance for spells somewhere, or if you don't mind sacrificing a bit of dps take another anointment (would be a 100k ignite dps loss for me on 1.25m ignite dps).
Last edited by Nixxar on Jul 27, 2020, 11:42:35 AM
I have kept trying making this Blood Magic build scaling into the endgame and have somewhat succeeded. I am not 100% sold on gem links I currently have (it could be a bit less all over the place), but it is doing the job.

What changed is having enough points at level 97 for a double medium cluster jewel setup without sacrificing vital parts of the notables.

1 large cluster with Vengeful Commander, Doryani's Catalyst and a 3rd that doesn't matter, as long as the former are both reachable on spending 5 out of 8 points.

2 medium cluster jewels with Burning Bright and Blowback where we grab all points, including the jewel slots.

Now, to tinker a bit more on the gems for optimization. Maybe drop the healing potion as I hardly use it.

Last edited by Nixxar on Jul 28, 2020, 1:01:35 AM
Is it worth using cluster jewels with the blood magic version of this build? If so, what should i look for in the jewels?
"
Benasists wrote:
Is it worth using cluster jewels with the blood magic version of this build? If so, what should i look for in the jewels?

Ye, it's very much worth it from both a survivability as a damage perspective. Once I had the points I removed a few less interesting nodes (don't remember which) and put in a large and medium cluster. Then, when I hit 97 I removed a few things and added in another medium cluster.

Large Cluster, 8 passives, 2 jewels, 10% elemental damage:
Doryani's Lesson - elemental damage leech and increased elemental damage
Vengeful Commander - 30% added Anger effect
Sadist - Must be the middle one, as we don't spend points to take this.

Medium Cluster, 4 passives, 1 jewel, fire damage over time multiplier:
Burning Bright - fire damage over time multiplier and increased fire damage
Blowback - ignites deal damage 15% faster

Edit: Once you get enough points for a second medium cluster jewel, take the exact same one.

Hope this helps.

p.s. I've also linked a PoB on this page, or the previous page with how my character ended the league.
Last edited by Nixxar on Aug 2, 2020, 3:08:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info