3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

"
falfool wrote:
Thanks for sharing, the use of Grand Spectrum and Transcendent Mind is very nice indeed. Does Anger still reserve mana in that setup? I didn't try Blood Magic yet and POB shows a large amount of life reserved, which I'm assuming to be incorrect.

Yes, the node Mortal Conviction give one free aura, so Anger which have a high reservation (and effect) because of Supreme Ego goes to 0%.

"
falfool wrote:
For higher DPS, besides 6L and Awakened Deadly Ailments, we could anoint Command of Steel: it gives 75% damage with max attack block. That will require pathing to Steelwood Stance, but it's only 3 points. The build looks to be complete by 95 that way, so that's my next target!

Indeed, that's 10% more total DPS! Add the Spiritual Aid nodes (8% more) and you are lvl 100 :)

Updated PoB: https://pastebin.com/sRsjpTT2

Of course, better gear (mainly OP Cluster Jewels) would make the DPS sky rocket even more ;)
Last edited by bejarid on Jul 2, 2020, 6:33:54 PM
"
bejarid wrote:
"
falfool wrote:
Thanks for sharing, the use of Grand Spectrum and Transcendent Mind is very nice indeed. Does Anger still reserve mana in that setup? I didn't try Blood Magic yet and POB shows a large amount of life reserved, which I'm assuming to be incorrect.

Yes, the node Mortal Conviction give one free aura, so Anger which have a high reservation (and effect) because of Supreme Ego goes to 0%.

"
falfool wrote:
For higher DPS, besides 6L and Awakened Deadly Ailments, we could anoint Command of Steel: it gives 75% damage with max attack block. That will require pathing to Steelwood Stance, but it's only 3 points. The build looks to be complete by 95 that way, so that's my next target!

Indeed, that's 10% more total DPS! Add the Spiritual Aid nodes (8% more) and you are lvl 100 :)

Updated PoB: https://pastebin.com/sRsjpTT2

Of course, better gear (mainly OP Cluster Jewels) would make the DPS sky rocket even more ;)

Ooh! Mortal Conviction was the key. This thread has been so helpful.

What kind of a cluster jewel would you make? I tried simulating some in POB but didn't arrive at anything worth the investment.

Also, since this is craft league, can we think of stretch goals for gear? This is what I gathered so far from this thread and from POEDB:

- 16% fire dot damage through Warlord/Shaper gloves
- +1 curse to apply Elemental Weakness (13% more!) either through a Hunter chest, amulet corruption, or Whispers of Doom
- +1 level of fire skill gems through Warlord ammy. Would have to weigh this in practice against -30% spell block chance from Lazhwar. A middle-ground alternative could be a Shaper one with 14% spell block, life and 16% fire dot damage.
- ???
Since this build has been updated so much since its creation, I was wondering if anyone would mind posting a new and updated guide?
Im playing this build, just got into maps and its demolishing, but Id like to know what my late game upgrades are. If possible Id prefer not to play blood magic, but crafting some cluster jewels would be fun.
Should I be looking to craft a large and 2 mediums?
If so, what nodes do I lose, and where do I put the clusters?
Im using the staff version of this build, so I imagine Im not supposed to take glancing blows?
Also, is anyone else using a 4 link of Flame dash, Enduring cry, second wind, and arcane surge?
Because having a panic button to scream more health into your body is really nice for those situations where your health is draining faster than a flask is filling it.
What is the best budget watchers eye?
Also where would I put transcendent mind? Im having mana issues too
Last edited by LordVoltagen on Jul 3, 2020, 12:57:54 AM
How about Glorious Vanity (Ahuana)? It will give overleech to our build(= nearly 20% life regen). I think it will work for bejarid's Blood Magic version. We can add it near The Agnostic note.
Last edited by insangel0001 on Jul 3, 2020, 1:39:31 AM
"
falfool wrote:
What kind of a cluster jewel would you make? I tried simulating some in POB but didn't arrive at anything worth the investment.

Large Jewel
1 Added Passive Skill is Burning Bright
1 Added Passive Skill is Disorienting Display
1 Added Passive Skill is Sadist
2 Added Passive Skills are Jewel Sockets

Medium Jewel X 2
1 Added Passive Skill is Blowback
1 Added Passive Skill is Exposure Therapy
1 Added Passive Skill is a Jewel Socket

Split Personality X 2
This Jewel's Socket has 25% increased effect per Allocated Passive Skill between
it and your Class' starting location
+40 to Armour
+5 to maximum Life

(these last ones give 150 life and 700 armor each)

It may cost a bit, but it does help the DPS here the PoB to see the result: https://pastebin.com/FNzfLzA7
I am really loving this thread. It's been super helpful and switching over to the Blood Magic version on page 11(?) really made the build go smooth (Clearing T15 maps easily with about 4ex investment so far).

What I can't seem to figure out is why the Blood Magic build does not take Runebinder? Having a second brand attached to a boss would be a good damage increase, or does it not work with the ignite part of the brand?

"
Nixxar wrote:
What I can't seem to figure out is why the Blood Magic build does not take Runebinder? Having a second brand attached to a boss would be a good damage increase, or does it not work with the ignite part of the brand?

You can only apply a few burn, so yeah having more ignites per second don't really help. Armaggedon already hit quickly and don't have much variance, so IMO the cost in points don't worth it. But the tree does allow you to take it if you prefere as PoB calculation won't help you to make your choice ;)
"
bejarid wrote:
"
Nixxar wrote:

You can only apply a few burn, so yeah having more ignites per second don't really help. Armaggedon already hit quickly and don't have much variance, so IMO the cost in points don't worth it. But the tree does allow you to take it if you prefere as PoB calculation won't help you to make your choice ;)

Cheers, that's helpful. I am just trying to get some more dps for bossing. Sirus A5 took a while earlier today and am looking for way to improve for that.

Still working on making that gloves better with the garden, and maybe my first ring isn't optimal either as it has no life prefix. Working on grabbing some extra level for more grand spectrums first now I guess.
Adding a Watchers Eye, elbeit not a great one, helped alot for single target dps quite a bit as well.
Hey Guys,

playin Brands for the first time, so i wonder in your latest PoBs Runebinder isnt allocated, so you only attach one brand?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info