3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

Just FYI Herald of Ash provides an extremely minimal damage boost. The more burning damage is local and applies only to the overkill burn, and spell damage doesn't affect ignite so the more fire spell damage only affects the initial hit. I'm using skitterbots which are much more useful imo.
"
Boobey wrote:
Just FYI Herald of Ash provides an extremely minimal damage boost. The more burning damage is local and applies only to the overkill burn, and spell damage doesn't affect ignite so the more fire spell damage only affects the initial hit. I'm using skitterbots which are much more useful imo.

Didn't know about Herald's limitations, cheers! Skitterbots are def a much better choice then + they work as a budget version of Yoke as well, which is great given the build's extremely cheap nature :)

Will change the OP accordingly.
Based on my previous experience with ignite, this build seems good.
I trust it so much that I decided to give it a try right now.
However, it lacks mobility.
I recommend dash + second wind (replace the golem). It's REALLY good.
Or, at least flame dash, since you like fire.

Also, an alchemist's quicksilver flask of adrenaline helps (15c+ atm though).
Also silver flask for onslaught (20% move and cast speed - increased cast speed affects brand activation).

Last edited by ribeirojc on Jun 26, 2020, 3:33:33 PM
Hi, thank you for the great build. It's fun, tanky, and unbelievably cheap.

I wanted to verify with you the role of Runebinder in our build: do we take it because we also take Runesmith to achieve 10% increased damage taken?

Because as I understand from reading the Ignite wiki page, having two brands attached will have no impact past the initial ramp-up phase when the enemy has no ignites on them yet. Then, even with 3x ignites per mob through Emberwakes, it will only take 2.25s to ignite the mob three times, at which point further ignites by any number of brands will still be queued.
"
falfool wrote:

I wanted to verify with you the role of Runebinder in our build: do we take it because we also take Runesmith to achieve 10% increased damage taken?

Because as I understand from reading the Ignite wiki page, having two brands attached will have no impact past the initial ramp-up phase when the enemy has no ignites on them yet. Then, even with 3x ignites per mob through Emberwakes, it will only take 2.25s to ignite the mob three times, at which point further ignites by any number of brands will still be queued.

I think it's there for 2 reasons (besides runesmith):

1 - the damage from each brand hitting the enemy (just because we're waiting for them to burn doesn't mean we should stop hitting them)

2 - ignite uses the highest damage as reference, therefore more hits result in more values to pick the ignite damage from (higher probability of high damage).

But let's wait to read what the father (mother?) of the build has to say.
Last edited by ribeirojc on Jun 29, 2020, 6:56:07 PM
Hello dudes
Im playing this build for first time in this league and i really impressed.
I've spent around 20c and can do T16 maps (with some caution). DoT is OP and thats it, THE MELTING BOSS IS REAL AND SATISFACTORY.
Btw, i thinking about some expansive improvements. First of all, i think about 6L Belly and the Beast for the helmet gem setup. After this, i can switch the helmet for The Formless Inferno to more armour and physical damage convertion.
I also thinking about hunter mod #% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier on the glooves for increased DoT.
Anyway, i want to improve the survivability and tankiness in others aspects, but i need time to test some things.
I saw the discussions above and can confirm: skitterbots is better than herald of ash (also thinking about one amulet to substitue Yoke).

"
ribeirojc wrote:
"
falfool wrote:

I think it's there for 2 reasons (besides runesmith):

1 - the damage from each brand hitting the enemy (just because we're waiting for them to burn doesn't mean should stop hitting them)

2 - ignite uses the highest damage as reference, therefore more hits result in more values to pick the ignite damage from (higher probability of high damage).

But let's wait to read what the father (mother?) of the build has to say.

Yeah you're absolutely right, but I find the hit damage to be low enough to not be relevant. The second point is what I was missing, and looking at the range in POB, it is rather significant (mine shows a 28% delta.)

There is a downside to having two brands attach to one mob during clear but clear is not a problem at all. I will go back to Runebiner even without allocating Runesmith. Thanks!
"
Krosiis wrote:
Hello dudes
Im playing this build for first time in this league and i really impressed.
I've spent around 20c and can do T16 maps (with some caution). DoT is OP and thats it, THE MELTING BOSS IS REAL AND SATISFACTORY.
Btw, i thinking about some expansive improvements. First of all, i think about 6L Belly and the Beast for the helmet gem setup. After this, i can switch the helmet for The Formless Inferno to more armour and physical damage convertion.
I also thinking about hunter mod #% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier on the glooves for increased DoT.
Anyway, i want to improve the survivability and tankiness in others aspects, but i need time to test some things.
I saw the discussions above and can confirm: skitterbots is better than herald of ash (also thinking about one amulet to substitue Yoke).

Changes (tradeoffs) I made to make it tankier:

- specced into max block now that Glancing Blows is accessible without a Timeless jewel. It took 10 points, an amulet and an anointment but this had the most impact. Coupled with high life regen and 2x Enduring Cry charges at your disposal, you can soak damage even in red maps with crazy mods. I rarely found myself using the life flask even...

- used Flesh & Stone for perma blind instead of Herald/Skitterbots. Damage was still enough even in T16 like you said and I still had damage upgrades elsewhere to make (6l, awakened gems, etc)

- used Frost Wall to control the terrain. It seems to be a perfect complement to the playstyle of this chieftain: you get to completely avoid ultra rippy monsters while they're being ignited and you're regenerating. The wall is useful in many situations, but it was a life saver specifically in maps with "+monster speed", some red beasts, the grove, and some beyond bosses.

- used Vigilant Strike with Fortify/Faster Attacks/Ancestral Call for a decent 13s fortify that doesn't take away from QOL. I don't use it all the time, only when high damage is anticipated or on bosses. It can also be used to lose an Endurance Charge for a 4 second damage boost from ascendancy.

At the end of the day, I still died to a red Moon Temple boss. He charged his shot for 3 seconds and I was too stubborn to dodge: "wut, u gonna kill me??" He did! But it wasn't the build's fault hence I'm redoing it :D -- it's a lovable build, props again to OP
so in 3.11 this build can kill shaper/elder/uber elder? Also how does it do in delve?
"
Zomphere wrote:
so in 3.11 this build can kill shaper/elder/uber elder? Also how does it do in delve?

I can speak to delve and it is great because of high regen and the fact that you can damage while you run. Quartz flask is also great. I could withstand 40 stacks of darkness before having to move into light, and then you still have enduring cry and a life flask for when the degen picks up. Super safe IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info