[3.10] Cheap Tanky Non-Crit Arc Inquisitor | All Content | Great League Starter

"
Dsorum wrote:
Hey, first I want to thank you for the guide.

I have just startet some minutes ago and now I started to ask myself, why do we skill Elemental Overload? If we never deal crits, then how do we get the DPS boost out of this?
Please help me get this point because I am lost at the moment.

I think I will enjoy this build and gameplay, since I am a lightning fan.

Greetings ;)

We do crit, just not anywhere close to at the same rate that a crit focused build would. Luckily, we only need to crit once every 8 seconds to keep Elemental Overload active 100% of the time, which is reliably accomplished.
"
Azriel667 wrote:
Here is where I am - getting pounded in t4 maps
https://pastebin.com/E2Q2hfPP

Where should I focus improvements?

Hey, if you don't mind another tip, I was having this same problem too until I learned how to properly use flasks. This 24 minute video taught me everything and now the build feels invincible. Hope it helps: https://youtu.be/kkHp-f8zYPI

Flask crafting is as simple as using 4 glassblower's baubles on a white flask, put an orb of transmute on it and keep re-rolling with orbs of alteration until you get what you want. You can use orbs of augmentation to fill in an empty prefix/suffix if you get half of what you want and don't forget that you can craft some suffixes with Einhar's blood altar. It's pretty cheap to get the flask setup recommended in the guide and when used properly will make you incredibly more survivable.

Sorry if you knew some/all of that already, just trying to cover all things you might possibly not know :)
I took a look at this build in PoB and I was thinking of ditching Vaal Haste and replacing it with Summon Skitterbots, which would grant a permanent shock effect instead of haste that can be used only from time to time. That change would reduce the mana cost of Arc and as such affect Arcane Surge, so I'd reduce its level to 16. It would also reduce unreserved mana, which may or may not have an impact on MoM.

I'm trying it on a character that's in act 2, so I don't know if these changes would be viable in maps. What do you think?
"
bambam wrote:
I took a look at this build in PoB and I was thinking of ditching Vaal Haste and replacing it with Summon Skitterbots, which would grant a permanent shock effect instead of haste that can be used only from time to time. That change would reduce the mana cost of Arc and as such affect Arcane Surge, so I'd reduce its level to 16. It would also reduce unreserved mana, which may or may not have an impact on MoM.

I'm trying it on a character that's in act 2, so I don't know if these changes would be viable in maps. What do you think?

Permashock is nice but I don't think that would be worth it. Any more mana reserved greatly decreases the effectiveness of MoM, and if you're running it Archmage too.
Leveling pob without gems and gear lol, nice
Hey! Thank you for this build, it's a real pleasure to play it!

About that ;

"
Swap in Archmage over Added Lightning Damage. This is ~15% DPS increase, though at the cost of significant mana pool usage and makes Enduring Mana flask + Clarity very necessary. I've run into a few situations where I'm getting hit both hard and fast enough for MoM to keep me unable to cast much, but that's been fairly rare so far. Will need to see how that goes more as I get into red maps.

Personally, I cannot use Archmage, even with Clarity and mana flask. No problem with trash but it's just impossible with bosses. My mana pool is empty long before the boss dies. Maybe I did something wrong in the build... So I use Lightning Dmg.

Thanks again!

Edit : I had mana issues when I started T12 / T13 maps.
Last edited by Erestie on Apr 16, 2020, 4:41:42 AM
why I only have 480,000 dps in pob?
what am I doing wrong
Hi, great build, i really enjoy it. It fits my playstyle well :)
What you think about a Circle of Regret ring in the other ring slot?

Hello, thanks for this build. So far I'm loving the build. I'm currently using it on PS4, delirium league. The armor piece you recommend is it still valid for 3.10??
I've been struggling to enjoy a melee inquisitor. I decided to swap to Arc since I saw your build. It mimics melee, and has a shield for the illusion of a melee build. I'm super grateful, because this is probably going to be m league-starter from now on. I actually care to play Inquisitor again! Thank you for this awesome build idea.

Do you plan to update for 3.11 sometime? The tree went through some minor changes, although I'm not sure anything huge was changed or added.

Would "The Agnostic" be worth anything to this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info