[3.9] Herald of Agony (Melee!) Necro--Get in Monsters' Faces Safely (5M Shaper DPS/8.4kLife+Fortify)

I was a bit low on Cold Resist. I made another belt with higher %max life, but zero cold resist.

I just bought an crappy rolled rare Elder belt for 20c, scoured it, and did a quick two slot fossil on it. Results turned out decent. I'll grab another belt and keep messing around with something. I don't have the crafted mods I need for amulet and rings, so I'm stuck with only boots and belt as my way to get my resists proper.

edit: No idea on that price for that. I did the POE Companion search, and there was one other one for 1.5ex so I just went with it. No idea if that's worth an ex or not.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Last edited by Westwood1121 on Oct 18, 2019, 1:28:03 PM
If Golem's blood is too expensive, what other suggestions do you got?
I'm obviously missing something, but I have no clue how you are getting 100% poison hit (with or without lesser poison support). I have the three gems with 5% chance to poison on hit, and with lesser poison support that puts me at 35%. What am I clearly missing?

Love the build though. It's been very enjoyable to play.
"
Staceyy wrote:
I'm obviously missing something, but I have no clue how you are getting 100% poison hit (with or without lesser poison support). I have the three gems with 5% chance to poison on hit, and with lesser poison support that puts me at 35%. What am I clearly missing?

Uh, Poison support, rather than Lesser Poison, is mandatory (Poison Support gives +60%), and Herald of Agony itself grants 20%. That's 80% from poison and HoAg, leaving 20% to be received via jewels.

Lesser Poison alone is 40% (for before you have the jewels), so I don't know what math got you to 35% while using Lesser Poison *and* jewels with poison chance.

Glad you've been enjoying it even without a capped poison chance, though?

"
HajN wrote:
If Golem's blood is too expensive, what other suggestions do you got?

There are lots of options.... Ravenous Horde is a popular one for all sorts of minion builds. We don't need the dps per se, but if you're trying to be a speed-mapper, the movement speed is great for all of your minions (especially your zombies, so they can keep up with you and be effective meat shields). I would say pick literally anything that suits your style. Some people have even picked the node that gives you a minimum endurance charge (because they want 3 endurance charges without a multimodded ring).
Last edited by codetaku on Oct 19, 2019, 8:49:43 PM
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Staceyy wrote:

Uh, Poison support, rather than Lesser Poison, is mandatory (Poison Support gives +60%), and Herald of Agony itself grants 20%. That's 80% from poison and HoAg, leaving 20% to be received via jewels.

Lesser Poison alone is 40% (for before you have the jewels), so I don't know what math got you to 35% while using Lesser Poison *and* jewels with poison chance.

Glad you've been enjoying it even without a capped poison chance, though?

I am also using poison support. I didn't mention it since lesser poison is the optional gem. Will that extra 60% not show up in the character's info tab then? The "math" I'm using it what my character tab was showing my poison hit chance to be. So I didn't do any math, but go off what it was showing.
Last edited by Staceyy on Oct 19, 2019, 8:54:23 PM
So, in the character tab, you have to actually click over to the specific attack you're interested in seeing stats for.

If you look at Default Attack (which is the default selection), it will not have any of the bonuses from your support gems. You should find Cyclone and click on it, and it should show your actual poison chance with Cyclone.

Edit: and make sure you're in your hideout rather than a town, because the stats from herald of agony won't apply while you're in town.

Edit 2: I've now looked at your character tab, and if you want the bonuses from Tombfist to apply, you should make sure to actually put a Murderous Eye Jewel in it (or a searching eye jewel if you want maim instead for some reason). I assure you, the Intimidate On Hit will be far more dps than anything a ghastly eye jewel can give you.
Last edited by codetaku on Oct 19, 2019, 9:34:28 PM
Aaaand I finally hit 100! This build is now "complete" and I don't think I'm interested in continuing the league further. I'll still check in on the topic to answer questions but I don't think my gear will be further updated after this.
Last edited by codetaku on Oct 20, 2019, 12:29:14 PM
"
codetaku wrote:
Aaaand I finally hit 100! This build is now "complete" and I don't think I'm interested in continuing the league further.

Nice gear. ¬.¬

XD
Banging out some temples and I have a double corrupt gem coming up. Suggestions to which I should do?
Uh, I'm not sure we have any gems that make a spectacular difference at 21/23 rather than 21/20? I guess my first choice would actually be Chain Support for the extra 3% projectile speed. But it doesn't really matter, none of our main links are bad choices.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info