PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

"
10011001 wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:

This is false.

Even without feeding frenzy, your zombies will search and attack. I haven't run feeding frenzy in 6L setup since 3.10.

A perfect example is the "Elder" fight. You can literally stand in the middle and AFK the whole fight... your zombies will run to all corners to take out the portals and things going on. You just have to move at the end into zana's bubble obviously.

If I stand still, yes they will keep engaging the boss.
However, if I stand still I will get killed by the boss. Therefore running around is a must. Once I do that, my zombies end-up running side-by-side with me instead of continuing to engage the boss. But if I use feeding frenzy, they do keep hacking at the boss. I have tried this with and without feeding frenzy and observed it in Heist league 3.12 in one of the boss encounters. I was trying to use awakened minion damage for that boss, but ended-up using feeding frenzy. My stone golem plus skellies also had its own feeding frenzy link. The skellies kept hacking at the boss while the zombies went to my side as I ran around the boss.

Are you suggesting this is boss specific? A bug? How is it suppose to behave? Because that's exactly what I saw in Heist league.

Not a bug but maybe a playstyle difference. I tend to circle the bosses or get close to them when playing. Perhaps your preference is to stand a bit further away? That could be it. No right or wrong, just preference of gameplay.
"
brunowa wrote:

Not a bug but maybe a playstyle difference. I tend to circle the bosses or get close to them when playing. Perhaps your preference is to stand a bit further away? That could be it. No right or wrong, just preference of gameplay.

OK, that makes perfect sense to me now.

I remember I definitely wanted to leave the boss fight like a trapped animal, so I tried to keep my distance, as far as possible, but the Heist boss room was pretty small, so I could still see my skellies hack away, definitely died at least 4x there. I was so disappointed with awakened minion damage on the 6L weapon, I even re-tested it several times on blood aqueduct vs feeding frenzy. While I zoomed as fast as I could, it seems more monsters were left behind alive (made several passes of the same area to confirm) using minion damage/awakened minion damage than with feeding frenzy (more mobs dead). While I would definitely like a lot more minion damage on the 6L (works better on specific opponents during PVP), feeding frenzy just works better overall for me.

Will have to try staying closer to the boss with minion damage on the 6L, because I was forced to do that in Maven's tenth invitation to avoid engaging and being near the other bosses in such a tiny room, but I used feeding frenzy which also did the job.

Will add that to the overall strategy (ie. use minion damage when fighting the boss at very close range), because I now remember I do fight all the conquerors at very close range always.

thanks!
Last edited by 10011001 on Mar 16, 2021, 9:06:37 AM
"
10011001 wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:

OK, that makes perfect sense to me now.

I remember I definitely wanted to leave the boss fight like a trapped animal, so I tried to keep my distance, as far as possible, but the Heist boss room was pretty small, so I could still see my skellies hack away, definitely died at least 4x there. I was so disappointed with awakened minion damage on the 6L weapon, I even re-tested it several times on blood aqueduct vs feeding frenzy. While I zoomed as fast as I could, it seems more monsters were left behind alive (made several passes of the same area to confirm) using minion damage/awakened minion damage than with feeding frenzy (more mobs dead). While I would definitely like a lot more minion damage on the 6L (works better on specific opponents during PVP), feeding frenzy just works better overall for me.

Will have to try staying closer to the boss with minion damage on the 6L, because I was forced to do that in Maven's tenth invitation to avoid engaging and being near the other bosses in such a tiny room, but I used feeding frenzy which also did the job.

Will add that to the overall strategy (ie. use minion damage when fighting the boss at very close range), because I now remember I do fight all the conquerors at very close range always.

thanks!

Are you using any form of Taunt in your build, like a jewel with minions have an x% chance to taunt on hit?
That way the boss will not focus it's attacks on you but on your minions. This allows you to stay closer to the boss and also increase your dps because the boss stays inside the range of your pride/dread banner radius. And you'll also stay inside the fortify radius if your Animate Guardian is using Kingmaker. Plus, enemies that are taunted by your minions deal 10% less damage to you.

Last edited by Fritso on Mar 16, 2021, 9:06:15 AM
"
Fritso wrote:

Are you using any form of Taunt in your build, like a jewel with minions have an x% chance to taunt on hit?
That way the boss will not focus it's attacks on you but on your minions. This allows you to stay closer to the boss and also increase your dps because the boss stays inside the range of your pride/dread banner radius. And you'll also stay inside the fortify radius if your Animate Guardian is using Kingmaker. Plus, enemies that are taunted by your minions deal 10% less damage to you.

Oh wow, thanks for that tip. I have never seen or used that (taunt) jewel, and from what you describe, it's exactly what I have always needed to take my build further. Excuse me, I now need to go to the trade site.

thanks again.
Last edited by 10011001 on Mar 16, 2021, 9:21:21 AM
"
10011001 wrote:

Oh wow, thanks for that tip. I have never seen or used that (taunt) jewel, and from what you describe, it's exactly what I have always needed to take my build further. Excuse me, I now need to go to the trade site.

thanks again.

Great, hope this helps.

Keep in mind that there are other sources of taunt available if you can't find a decent jewel. Such as the Meat Shield support gem and all Spectres that use a warcry (Ruins Hellion / Hairy Bonecrusher).
"
Fritso wrote:

Great, hope this helps.

Keep in mind that there are other sources of taunt available if you can't find a decent jewel. Such as the Meat Shield support gem and all Spectres that use a warcry (Ruins Hellion / Hairy Bonecrusher).

Will definitely try those spectres too and place them in a bank. Had no idea "taunt" is exactly what I have been wanting, but never knew was in the game.

I always go for minion life instead of meat shield, can't really afford to have an AG die anytime with a kingmaker, almost did during Maven's tenth invitation, had time to unplug him.

I just got the jewel with 8% taunt and came with minions leech 0.45%, cost me only 13c. Tested immediately with a T16 corrupted map and Jun mission, tried to be very careless and just stormed into densely packed mobs and stayed in the middle of it up close (still used feeding frenzy though in the 6L zombie chain), somehow I didn't die at all (was expecting it, and I did keep my finger near the life potion and pressed it a few times). That jewel definitely made a noticeable difference and will keep it my build in the coming leagues as well.

Thanks a bunch again!
Made an AFK video of my standard version of the Zombiemancer.
The setup for Uber Elder was challenging to figure out. The DoT in that fight does so much damage to zombies.

https://youtu.be/PLAvOwGrwhM
Last edited by Fritso on Mar 17, 2021, 2:37:36 PM
"
Okman_X wrote:
I need help.

this is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/Bm5DTgmv

My Elegant Hubris is giving:
160% minion damage (350% total minion damage increase with other increases on the in game tooltip)
80% minion life
50% fire resistance

All my resistances are capped (except chaos) without mistress of sacrifice.

Still trying to craft fortify staff. Although I have got Fortify with a six-link, I don't have enough currency for crafting rest yet so I am using a 5 link Femurs. Besides that I don't have a kingmaker (in PS4 I guess there is only 1 in market so that is a mission impossible for me at the moment.

Everything else seems same to me.

I am stuck at T14 maps. I have 2 problems:
1. I can't increase my survivability. I am dying too quick. I got stuck at 4000 health and 2500~ ES. I am failing to increase them without giving up resistances. Since everything except rings are unique I can't change them a lot.
2. My minions can't do damage to guardians (4th ones) anymore. Even in maps they started to struggle killing yellow monsters.

Obviously I am doing something wrong. Because in videos even a naked summoner is beating everything.

Thank you all in advance for your time and advice.

All that you're describing is normal. You have a budget weapon and gems, that is not enough dps (and by extension survivability) to go into late game. Videos you've seen are misleading and/or outdated. Nobody runs "everything" naked.

That said, there are ways to improve your build beyond heavy investments. First thing first, fix your flasks. There's no reason whatsoever to run 3 life flasks. There are very rare situations where 2 are justifiable (Catarina, Lab, other prolonged encounters) but otherwise 1 is all you need. Movement and mobility is a big part of any character's offense and defense. If you have resources to fix only one, start with a Quicksilver Flask, ideally with mods that boost the movement aspect ("Experimenter's"/"Alchemist's" or "Chemist's"/Ample" + "of Adrenaline"). Next, your life flask. Panicked is kind of mediocre, ideally you'd want a Seething/Bubbling. Then add 3 utility flasks for personal defense, not minions (recover minion life etc.): a combination of Basalt, Quartz, Jade, Granite (and a bit more niche Stibnite) based on personal preference and build focus. Finally, between your life flask and your 3 utility flasks you should have immunities to Bleed (of Staunching), Chill/Freeze (of Heat) and Curses (of Warding), those are easy and fast to add to a flask in your Menagerie.
Until you fix those there's no point in improving your defenses, you will always die no matter what. Having your flasks done is mandatory and as important as having elemental resistances capped for example.

Then, I really don't think having Elegant Hubris in that position is worth losing Lord of the Dead and Ravenous Horde. I understand you're a console player and that might cost you a lot, but I'd move it in place of Watcher's Eye (or another place that doesn't touch important nodes, or remove it alltogether). Then you can spec into Ravenous Horde or use a Thread of Hope to do it. By itself your Hubris gives more dps and tankiness to minions than Lord of the Dead + Ravenous Horde, but those ideally should work in tandem not Hubris deleting them. Put the Watcher's Eye in the place of the Ghastly Jewel and it in return into a Stygian Vise. Ideally you'd want to replace that Ghastly Jewel with one that has both minions blind on attack as well as minions taunt on attack. Finally you'll want on either of those a "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" implicit. And rebuild the tree based on that. That is going to cost a lot because your tree in general needs a lot of work and unfortunately I see no cheap way to fix it, there are many strange skills taken and some bad pathings. I suggest following closer the tree in guide and not deviate unless you have a specific reason to do so.

To recap, the order I'd proceed, based on cost, time and importance/impact, is:
1. Flasks and immunities on them
2. Weapon and gems
3. Tree and jewels
Last edited by Jyzzzy on Mar 17, 2021, 4:43:00 PM
I'm using the tanky version right now and swapped a synth str stack belt for torrents reclamation and my clear got a lot quicker and i barely lost damage after swapping to it and losing a zombie :)
Is blind or taunt better for minions, tried quoting failed horribly lol
Last edited by Bottboy316 on Mar 18, 2021, 10:13:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info