Hideout

Yesterday I have switched to different hideout after few seasons with my old one and now sometimes when I return to my hideout from trade or just log in to the game hideout is messes up.

Broken hideout:
http://prntscr.com/p6xdu6

Good hideout:
http://prntscr.com/p6xehx

Now every time this happen I have to import hideout from the file again. It's really annoying.
Last bumped on Jun 4, 2020, 7:43:26 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Import hideout and move npc's up and down, same with wp, chest, workbench and game will save their positions.
"
adasieq wrote:
Import hideout and move npc's up and down, same with wp, chest, workbench and game will save their positions.

I hope this will work. I moved everything you said so now all thats left is wait and see. I didn't have to do that when I imported my first hideout few season ago.
Bump
i thought was me doing something wrong.
Sad, started happen to me yesterday (09/27) from nowhere!

By only teleport out for anywhere and back, many things (include NPC's), "move by himself"... maybe they back to "default" position, i dunno...

Is so annoying "huntin" the map device around hideout everytime...
hope for some information from GGG soon about this. :/

Ps: you can keepin import every single time you back to your hideout, but.... really?
For me every time I log into the game and go to my hideout the game puts me over here

When I should be over here

I just don't know what to do about it.
To add to this thread in a way that actually is helpful, here is what I found.

When importing a hideout, it seemingly creates a bug where there are inevitably two instances of your hideout. I am unsure if this is caused by time or what triggers this to happen, as it does not happen immediately, but 100% does happen after a certain amount of time, as anybody who regularly edits hideouts could tell you. If you are STILL in the imported hideout when this happens, people warping to your hideout will be ported to the "bugged" version described herein.
This secondary directly causes or is directly related to the bug where masters and stashes reset to their original position before importing the hideout. Image shows another character in alternate hideout.

For testing, I tried reclaiming in the alternate hideout. This did nothing. I also attempted to place a new decoration. This did not work. I put an item in the crafting bench. This did not result in any seemingly exploitable mechanics.

As mentioned, a temporary user-side fix is to move all masters, waypoints, and stashes 1 unit in any direction, then 1 unit in the opposite direction using the arrow keys. This does NOT solve the bug, it simply solves the *obvious* symptoms. Therefore this bug is low priority but fairly annoying, unless I missed something that is potentially highly exploitable. Obviously, if you find some form of exploit wrt the Import Hideout feature and multiple hideout instances, you should NOT post it in this thread but should instead directly email support.
Last edited by Prequarantine on Oct 10, 2019, 2:19:47 AM
I am also having this issue, seems to be a problem with only default hideout items, stash, guild stash, map device, masters aren't in the appropriate locations. What's odd is that in my case the masters and other default items are not showing up in their default locations, they're instead showing up in locations from a previous hideout's layout.

This bug is incredibly obnoxious as I have to import my saved hideout at least 5 times during a typical gaming session.
I can confirm that.

For the record, there was a similar thread a few weeks ago, where i posted about the temporary solution : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2674752

Basically, what is happening is that for the core decorations (stashes, NPCs, etc), the importation algorithm simply doesn't write to the hideout database at all, instead it only affects the current hideout instance, which is why the concerned decorations revert to their last configuration when a new instance is created.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Nov 21, 2019, 12:54:40 PM
"
xhul wrote:
I can confirm that.

For the record, there was a similar thread a few weeks ago, where i posted about the temporary solution : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2674752

Basically, what is happening is that for the core decorations (stashes, NPCs, etc), the importation algorithm simply doesn't write to the hideout database at all, instead it only affects the current hideout instance, which is why the concerned decorations revert to their last configuration when a new instance is created.

Thanks a bunch, this cleared up my annoying issue! I started to get torqued as the map device being reverted would often eat maps I temporarily left. This exile is now sane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info