Chain Hook crashing instances

Character name: ZurvanyaHooks

My character's using Chain Hook linked to Brutality, Impale and MPD, and it keeps crashing the instances in maps and dropping me to the login screen with an unexpected disconnection error. On coming back the instance is completely gone, and portals disappear.

I have not had this problem until I reached about Act 7. I lost several maps, a dropped Tabula moments before the instance crashed, and several master dailies because of this. I believe the instance crash is related to a certain attack speed threshold, but I am not 100% sure. I have tried to recreate it but it's not 100% reproducible with my character.
Last edited by Zerayya on Sep 15, 2019, 8:32:53 PM
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2020, 7:27:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Update: Still a problem in 3.8.1 patch. Instance crashes while I was running around, not while I was doing anything in particular. I am not sure what's causing it anymore aside from 'Chain Hook'. I am currently playing my Chaos Golemancer and I reached the same point as my previous character's first instance crash without a single instance crash.
Can confirm that Chain Hook is crashing instances. Sudden boot to login screen and come back to a character rollback and instance closed, and it usually seems to happen just after combat has finished and nothing is happening.

It happens to me without fail in maps on my Zerker, so after losing some red maps and loot I definitely won't be playing him for a while. I did not, however, experience this problem on a Scion running Chain Hook.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Can confirm that Chain Hook is crashing instances. Sudden boot to login screen and come back to a character rollback and instance closed, and it usually seems to happen just after combat has finished and nothing is happening.

It happens to me without fail in maps on my Zerker, so after losing some red maps and loot I definitely won't be playing him for a while. I did not, however, experience this problem on a Scion running Chain Hook.

Could you pass me your Scion Chain Hook build and your berserker chain hook build? I want to see if there's anything in common and if there's anything that the Scion version doesn't do. Mine is a Raider Chain Hook character.
Zerker:- https://pastebin.com/KRBWWW2G
Scion:- https://pastebin.com/7HknFEyV

The Zerker is currently stripped of all gear since he's basically unplayable as Chain Hook and I haven't decided what to do with him. Probably half of his gear went to the Scion to boost her up a bit. He is set up for dual Varunastras, and his gems+supports were all pretty much identical to my Scion setup aside from some variations in levels/quality.

The Zerker DPS was definitely way, way higher than the Scion. But she's still fun to play and effective enough for the time being.
That kinda puts a damper on my theory that it's because of attack speed, then. With Varunastra your Zerker attacks slower than my raider, and your Scion attacks faster, so it's not because of that. And your Scion is also using Leap Slam, so it's not because of that... I wonder if it's from rage generation. Your Scion is generating rage about as fast as the Zerker, right?
Yeah, Scion Zerker generates rage at the same rate as a natural Zerker. The main difference in rage is the tripled effect for natural Zerker. 150/75/30 attack damage/speed/movespeed vs 50/25/10 for the Scion. IIRC. his APS when fully buffed (and geared lol) was higher than the Scion. Around 8-9 I think, as opposed to around 6-7.

I can re-gear him to get a better look at what his actual numbers are.

One thing I hadn't considered as a problem though was MTX. My Zerker was loaded with it, whereas my Scion is using none. I don't recall ever having MTX cause instance crashes myself, though I've definitely encountered it causing client crashes in the past. It's something else to consider at any rate.

Tested, and nope, it's not MTX. I removed all the MTX from my character and ran a few maps - and an instance crash happened at about map number 3.
this happened to me recently as well. it happens randomly when using chain hook ill just DC and be able to instantly log back in but i lose the instance i was in.. internet doesn't go out either.

My character is level 33 and yeah shield charge is fine.. but as soon as i use chain hook after awhile it just instantly disconnects you. no error, etc... just puts you back at character screen.
Last edited by Xinglifehard on Sep 20, 2019, 9:57:13 PM
"
Xinglifehard wrote:
this happened to me recently as well. it happens randomly when using chain hook ill just DC and be able to instantly log back in but i lose the instance i was in.. internet doesn't go out either.

My character is level 33 and yeah shield charge is fine.. but as soon as i use chain hook after awhile it just instantly disconnects you. no error, etc... just puts you back at character screen.

I know this is a dated post, but on the off chance you're still keeping tabs, what were your character stats at the time, what was your attack speed, any relevant PoB posts would help out.
I'm currently running on an assumption that a lot of attack speed + rage generation are causing a calculation overflow on the server, since chain hook generates rage at a different pace than rage support or berserker's rage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info