[3.8] Quad Divine Ire Totems | Hierophant | 36 Million Shaper Damage | 6k ES CI

Change Log

9/29/19
Added Preview Gif
Added Videos

9/15/19
Introduced build guide
Updated PoB Pastebin & Preview
Updated Gems
Updated Gear Overview & Explanations

Other Builds
Self Cast Divine Ire | Trickster | 58 Million Shaper Damage:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2602217


______________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer:

This build is expensive and not a league starter.
36 Million Shaper damage is achieved with some legacy gear, but there are plenty of close alternatives.
This build is a massive puzzle. If you're missing pieces your not going to see the full picture.



Lets get started!
______________________________________________________________________________

+
Pros
1 Shots pretty much everything
Decent clear speed
Decent tankiness
Satisfying explosions


-
Cons
Expensive
Elemental reflect maps annoying
Cannot run no regen maps

______________________________________________________________________________

Gear Overview



OP Corruption Upgrade:


Gear Explanations

Core Items:

Soul Mantle is great for this build. It gives us 1 additional totem and cure generation.
Atziri's Reflection negates the effects of curses on us from the body armour and Coward's Legacy while still receiving the benefits.

Weapon:

The most important mod to have is a tier 2 or higher Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage mod.
Then on top of that you want Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage.
Once you have one or two of those mods you want to multi-craft the rest unless you have higher tiers already on.
Crafts:
Increased Spell Damage with Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage
Increased Cast Speed
Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells or Critical Strike Multiplier

Other Armour:

These items need to have high Energy Shield with resistances and movement speed on the boots. It's very important you have the highest cold resistance value. Check Flasks section for more information.

Jewelry:

Your amulet needs to have Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage.
Ideally you also get Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage and Critical Strike Multiplier. Anything else is just added benefit. Call of the Brotherhood OP.

Flasks


Cinderswallow Urn needs to have Increased Critical Strike Chance during Flask Effect.

Required Magic Mods:
Immunity to Bleeding During Flask Effect
Immunity to Freeze and Chill During Flask Effect

The Wise Oak:
To get the full benefits from this flask, you need to have cold resistance the highest elemental resistance.
For Example:


Jewels
Uniques:

Place Unnatural Instinct Here:
Spoiler


Place Energy From Within Here:
Spoiler


Watcher's Eye - Order of Importance:

-Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred
-faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while affected by Discipline
-increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline
-Regenerate (1.5-2.5)% of Energy Shield per Second while affected by Discipline

Self-Flagellation:
Great synergy with the core items for this build

Rares:

Mods
-Any missing attributes or resistances
-Global Critical Strike Multiplier
-Critical Strike Multiplier with Lightning Skills
-Critical Strike Multiplier with Elemental Skills
-Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
-Critical Strike Multiplier with Wands
-Increased Cast Speed
-increased maximum Energy Shield


Feel free to also experiment with a Timeless Jewel instead of a rare.

Gems

6L

4L

Level 4 Enlighten Highly Recommended

4L

4L

Use max level 6 Lightning Golem
Use max level 6 Immortal Call or max level 12 Steelskin
Use max level 4 CWDT

3L

Use max level 7 Arcane Surge

3L


______________________________________________________________________________


Path of Building

https://pastebin.com/jt7XWg8j


Multiply Average Hit x4 for each totem.

Pantheon

Fully upgraded Lunaris and Tukohama

Bandits
Kill all Bandits for +2 Skill Points

Enchantments

Helmet:
Divine Ire Deals 40% Increased Damage

Boots:
Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently
120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently

______________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by natherox on Sep 30, 2019, 12:01:03 AM
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2019, 9:51:26 AM
The Damage Per Second here is inaccurate and misleading. Just at a glance you're not taking into account the time it takes for the totems to charge up to 20 stacks so they do the beam. If you want to see the actual damage calculator of your build I suggest you apply your data to the calculator I have provided in my Divine Ire Totems guide.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2475241

It's under the DPS Calculator portion of the guide.
Last edited by Apoc8 on Sep 15, 2019, 6:46:41 PM
"
Apoc8 wrote:
The Damage Per Second here is inaccurate and misleading. Just at a glance you're not taking into account the time it takes for the totems to charge up to 20 stacks so they do the beam. If you want to see the actual damage calculator of your build I suggest you apply your data to the calculator I have provided in my Divine Ire Totems guide.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2475241

It's under the DPS Calculator portion of the guide.


Never stated damage per second any where on the guide.
"
Never stated damage per second any where on the guide.


Ah you're correct that's my bad.

Also you are not shocking with this build as you are not dealing any lightning damage. This is due to you converting all of your damage to cold damage.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Call_of_the_Brotherhood
Also what are you leeching energy shield with? As totems cannot leech energy shield for you with the skill gem alone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ayfjqi/energy_shield_leech_interaction_with_traps/

You'll receive the 25% More Multiplier while being on full ES, but you won't get the 40% More Multiplier as you aren't leeching from your totems.
"
Apoc8 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Never stated damage per second any where on the guide.


Ah you're correct that's my bad.

Also you are not shocking with this build as you are not dealing any lightning damage. This is due to you converting all of your damage to cold damage.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Call_of_the_Brotherhood



Also what are you leeching energy shield with? As totems cannot leech energy shield for you with the skill gem alone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ayfjqi/energy_shield_leech_interaction_with_traps/

You'll receive the 25% More Multiplier while being on full ES, but you won't get the 40% More Multiplier as you aren't leeching from your totems.


Good catches, updates in the Change Log
Last edited by natherox on Sep 15, 2019, 11:47:45 PM
I've run Apoc8's Divine Ire build before and enjoyed it, and saw your build and enjoyed the thematic idea of essentially having divine ice beams (wanted them sweet shattering sounds).

Although, is this viable without legacy gear? IE without the full conversion from lightning to cold. As of 2.6.0 the conversion amount on Call of the Brotherhood was reduced from 50% to 40%?
"
cbenoit wrote:
I've run Apoc8's Divine Ire build before and enjoyed it, and saw your build and enjoyed the thematic idea of essentially having divine ice beams (wanted them sweet shattering sounds).

Although, is this viable without legacy gear? IE without the full conversion from lightning to cold. As of 2.6.0 the conversion amount on Call of the Brotherhood was reduced from 50% to 40%?


Absolutely viable, just a bit less damage.
Not much activity on this thread, but I'm loving the build so far! Changed my standard life based DIre Totems guy over to this the second I hit Queen's Sacrifice proph. I always prefer CI builds over life based.

I have Primal Manifestation on my amulet as a stand in because it's insanely cheap and I'm still fossil crafting it/swapping it out. Thinking about switching to Foresight in the long term for more defense since we already do plenty damage. Any other suggestions?
"
Snugs7 wrote:
Not much activity on this thread, but I'm loving the build so far! Changed my standard life based DIre Totems guy over to this the second I hit Queen's Sacrifice proph. I always prefer CI builds over life based.

I have Primal Manifestation on my amulet as a stand in because it's insanely cheap and I'm still fossil crafting it/swapping it out. Thinking about switching to Foresight in the long term for more defense since we already do plenty damage. Any other suggestions?
Looking pretty solid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info