Block recovery

What is this? I don't think I have even noticed my characters blocking.
If you're using a shield or a weapon that can block, that stat reduces the amount of time it takes to play the block animation.

The animation only plays if you block an attack that would have stunned you. If you block such an attack, the block animation plays in lieu of the stun animation, but you take no damage.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
(Reviving semi old thread for closely related question:)

Assuming you can not block while recovering from blocking already, a higher block and stun recovery bonus does increase your chances of avoiding damage, is that correct?
"
DeF46 wrote:
(Reviving semi old thread for closely related question:)

Assuming you can not block while recovering from blocking already, a higher block and stun recovery bonus does increase your chances of avoiding damage, is that correct?

I believe the fact your in the middle of a block animation doesn't stop you from blocking another incoming attack.

This stat lets you get back to moving/fighting more quickly and prevents you being stunlocked if being hit hard by many monsters

EDIT: Provided my first statement is correct, visually you would probably see the block animation cut out mid-way and start over.
Last edited by Zephyroth on Jul 19, 2012, 7:25:03 PM
So it's totally possible to prevent getting stunlocked with maximum Block Chance, and instead getting trapped in a blocklock?
example: 20 or 30 mobs with very high damage and accuracy pummeling on a shield blocker.
If they have good timing I wonder how much Block Recovery is required to help with this?
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
"
Mune wrote:
So it's totally possible to prevent getting stunlocked with maximum Block Chance, and instead getting trapped in a blocklock?
example: 20 or 30 mobs with very high damage and accuracy pummeling on a shield blocker.
If they have good timing I wonder how much Block Recovery is required to help with this?

If the damage you blocked would've stunned you if it did hit, you receive block recovery with duration of that stun. If you wouldn't have been stunned by that blocked hit, you won't have any block recovery times.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
Targuil wrote:

If the damage you blocked would've stunned you if it did hit, you receive block recovery with duration of that stun. If you wouldn't have been stunned by that blocked hit, you won't have any block recovery times.

Yeah hence my comment about very high damage (>1/12th max. HP of the blocking character)
And ofc assuming there is a purpose for this approach (well-built tank & nuker in teamplay for specific farming map scenarios)
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
"
Targuil wrote:
"
Mune wrote:

Reviving this thread for another related question concerning block recovery!

I'm building a high life, high block chance marauder that I'm planning on giving Unwavering Stance. Since blocking an attack that doesn't stun doesn't trigger the blocking animation, and Unwavering Stance prevents me from being stunned, does that make block recovery 100% useless?
"
Reviving this thread for another related question concerning block recovery!

I'm building a high life, high block chance marauder that I'm planning on giving Unwavering Stance. Since blocking an attack that doesn't stun doesn't trigger the blocking animation, and Unwavering Stance prevents me from being stunned, does that make block recovery 100% useless?
if you have high hp, you don't need unwavering stance as stuns are based on damage (and thresholds which mobs do not have unless they are using heavy strike or ground slam). however, yes unwavering stance will prevent block animation as it is same as stun, only without damage taken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info