[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Vennto wrote:

As mentioned several times now, you can still do that. It just won´t feel that strong like it did this season probably, then again without harvest you won´t be reaching this amount of power anyway. We still have to wait for the patch nodes and that ominous mechanic for self-poison.

In terms of league-starters this is probably still one of the top-tier-starters that flys totally under the radar as with wasps nest you simply push instantly to red maps. The transition into the first pair of elder claws might be harder now, true - we have to see how they compensate that, when Patch Nodes drop I will have a look into those new mods and we will figure out how hard the nerf actually will be.

Thanks, I'll stay tuned.

Do we care about the Delirium essence having the poison removed from quiver / ring?

Here's to the hope that either Patch Notes, or a new unique weapon from Ultimatum (or reworks like Atziri [3 new] or Lab [1 new]), give us a new way to scale poison damage.
"
Do we care about the Delirium essence having the poison removed from quiver / ring?

I crafted my ring with those, yes.

Now you would opt for a Heist base with -1 prefix and +1 suffix and go for the poison dmg/duration hunter influence suffix mod which is a tiny bit weaker, but with the essences we now get 10% damage multi on the amulet which we didn´t have before so overall the essences might result in a small buff.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
I was sooo hype to finally play a poison claw build... I've planned a while for this, even made my own notes for levelling and whatnot.

But since I play only 1 build for the entire league and I want to be able to take it all the way to the finish line and taking all the buzz and the negativity from the past few pages, I should probably start looking for something else....

Too bad they RIP'ed a build that wasn't very popular anyway

As mentioned several times now, you can still do that. It just won´t feel that strong like it did this season probably, then again without harvest you won´t be reaching this amount of power anyway. We still have to wait for the patch nodes and that ominous mechanic for self-poison.

In terms of league-starters this is probably still one of the top-tier-starters that flys totally under the radar as with wasps nest you simply push instantly to red maps. The transition into the first pair of elder claws might be harder now, true - we have to see how they compensate that, when Patch Nodes drop I will have a look into those new mods and we will figure out how hard the nerf actually will be.

Thank You so much that You don't leave us :) Now waiting for patch notes...
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
I have played the build for few leagues already. I played solo as well as got the transcendent flesh variant for 100% deli maps.

I get it that the build is now nerfed and the removal of the Elder poison mod is impactful but the build is amazing at what it actually is - cheap and efficient league starter that loses some of its top end potential but it will definitely remain one of the most underrated builds out there.

There are very few builds where you do not care about map mods, you have fast movement, fast mapping, pretty decent survivability, amazing recovery and arguably pretty good boss killing abilities.

So if you are a player that invests 5-20 hours a week, the builds will definitely be very safe pick for the new league. I agree with Torstein that we lose the significant power spike when obtaining elder claws but I do not think that it is as grim as it sounds.
Last edited by tolbert on Apr 13, 2021, 3:17:56 PM
I pulled stuff that affects this build from patch notes, might have missed something.

Pathfinder Master Surgeon
Now removes Corrupted Blood when you use a Flask.

Nice qol

The Elder-influenced Weapon modifier that grants 60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage has been removed. In its place, Elder-influenced Weapons can now roll a new Local Poison Damage over Time Multiplier modifier.

The Hunter-influenced modifier that granted increased Damage with Poison has been removed. A new modifier that grants Chaos Damage over Time has been added in its place.

No numbers..

Essence of Envy
Now grants local Added Chaos Damage to Weapons.
Essence of Delirium
Now grants a +10% to Damage over Time Multiplier to Amulets.
Essence of Hysteria
Now grants 150% increased Recovery per second from Life Leech to Amulets (previously 40%)

Could be cool stuff to play around with

Abyss jewels
Adds 10-11 to 18-21 Chaos Damage to Attacks (previously 4-5 to 6-7)

Alright, obvious buff if we cared about it (i didn't tho)

Spoiler
Crafted Veiled Modifier Balance
+31-35% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier (previously +36-40%)

With new veiled chaos orb to target roll veiled mods, could be potentially awesome to get

Actually this is for 2h weapons or bows right? sorry ignore that part then

Last edited by indigoBot on Apr 13, 2021, 8:27:46 PM
"
tolbert wrote:

There are very few builds where you do not care about map mods, you have fast movement, fast mapping, pretty decent survivability, amazing recovery and arguably pretty good boss killing abilities.

Exactly what he said. Overall, while we did lose a chunk of damage as stated before, damage will still be very good, especially with removal of deli map chaining, for t16 maps we are still in a sweet spot. Honestly this isn't that of a big deal, as the build's strength comes from absurd defense. Still starting 3.14 with it, really liked it, and I'm convinced this is just a minor bump :)
Thank you for this guide, I had a lot of fun playing this build and it has been my first level 100 character. I just wanted to say thank you and also let you know that while I was playing I had some people whisper me in game asking questions and I always referred them to your guide.
"
indigoBot wrote:
I pulled stuff that affects this build from patch notes, might have missed something.

Pathfinder Master Surgeon
Now removes Corrupted Blood when you use a Flask.

Nice qol

The Elder-influenced Weapon modifier that grants 60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage has been removed. In its place, Elder-influenced Weapons can now roll a new Local Poison Damage over Time Multiplier modifier.

The Hunter-influenced modifier that granted increased Damage with Poison has been removed. A new modifier that grants Chaos Damage over Time has been added in its place.

No numbers..

Essence of Envy
Now grants local Added Chaos Damage to Weapons.
Essence of Delirium
Now grants a +10% to Damage over Time Multiplier to Amulets.
Essence of Hysteria
Now grants 150% increased Recovery per second from Life Leech to Amulets (previously 40%)

Could be cool stuff to play around with

Abyss jewels
Adds 10-11 to 18-21 Chaos Damage to Attacks (previously 4-5 to 6-7)

Alright, obvious buff if we cared about it (i didn't tho)

Spoiler
Crafted Veiled Modifier Balance
+31-35% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier (previously +36-40%)

With new veiled chaos orb to target roll veiled mods, could be potentially awesome to get

Actually this is for 2h weapons or bows right? sorry ignore that part then

Cruelty Support: Increases hit damage, and grants a Cruelty buff which increased DOT damage and stacks based on the damage of your hits. Buff gives up to 50% more DoT.
Looks like it is still solid enough as a cheap league start for sure.

One thing I noticed, there's a new glove base this league called "Apothecary Gloves" on the atlas and that adjective tends to be poison associated. We'll see if that helps out.

But otherwise, for end game crafting we lost (assuming crafted chaos DOT multi is unchanged):
Elder 60% mod on claws

Stacking crit multi craft onto the above claw mod

Hunter influence poison damage mod (but got Chaos DoT as replacement)

Increased poison damage on ring Delirium essence craft

Potential upsides to investigate for end-game crafting:
Apothecary gloves if relevant

New cruelty buff/gem link (but states it scales better off larger hits, so probably not, but up to 50% and how it gets there is important).

How large the replacement 'local poison DOT modifier' is, and if it can
stack with benchcraft mod

Determininistic Chaos DOT to Amulet craft via Delirium Essence vs chaos rerolls on a hunter amulet. Likely doing the latter.

Not necessarily enthusiastic for end-game crafting prospects but that'll be what I'm watching for to see if I keep this to purely a league starter, or try to scale for endgame beyond dual Wasp Nests.
Last edited by LordNumberwang on Apr 14, 2021, 3:15:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info