[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Thanks for the great inspiration that build gives me ! I am not following it 100% (yet) but this "first" attempt in playing a pathfinder in endgame is super fun!!! (I choose Trickster for 85% of my builds :D :D ).
I always wanted an endgame viable melee poison build - and this is it!

a few questions/thoughts/comments:

0) Pestilent Strike is glorious :D :D :D
a) My momentum/clearspeed is soooo extreme that I zoom through maps killing almost everything only to backtrack for all the juicy loot (ok in harvest not so juicy).
b) I am running into serious HP problems (it began at mid lvls): at lvl 80 I am just below a 4k healthpool - I can't remember an alt with that little health.
c) (as a result of b) and my experience with the trickster) Do you think an ES build of this build is viable ? (Ghost reaver / CI)
d) For the third choice of ascendency points I chose Nature's adrenaline - this seems to synergize perfectly with the build so far...
e) what would you think of a trickster as the class for this build
f) ever considered going cluster jewel? ('Low tolerance' for example seems juicy)
g) Plague bearer seems to be a great addition to the clearspeed and single target DPS of this build - I am running it most of the time.

Thanks again for the ideas!!
Last edited by BluMetal on Jul 3, 2020, 6:05:50 PM
Hey all,

Just ran this through the story and I'm really liking the build, but I'm a little concerned about the number of active skills. I'm not using withering step and still have (just counting active skills):

Pestilent, Whirling, Dash, Wither Totem, Enduring Cry, Vaal Haste, Molten Shell, Vaal Molten Shell

This seems like a lot compared to what I've run before; do you have any keybind suggestions or things we can drop for more supports (drop Vaal Haste or Enduring for something to support Enduring/VHaste and Molten Shell)?
If you care to look at my build "RichAFBB"
Could you maybe tell me what I should be focusing on?
So far I clear t16's with ease, bosses can kill me pretty quick.
Is auls worth running if you can't get envy?
Circle of nostalgia over a rare life/res ring late game?
(Don't mind the helm. Need to hit the enchant still)
"
blastinMot wrote:
"
Corioliss wrote:
Could be to attacks I think, but the gerneral adds chaos rolls a lot higher values as far as I remember. And its not that hard to get anyway.

In fact it should be easier to get this league, because when you craft the perfect claws, that's only missing the chaos damage prefix, you should be able the chaos augment it 100% with a chaos augment harvest craft. Make sure the suffixes are full of course. There are no other chaos mods and the added chaos damage only has 1 tier to roll.
Didn't try this yet, but should work in theory.
Make sure that the outcome is worth more than 1 ex, because that's the current price for the chaos augment.

Attention fellow claw crafters!
Be careful when doing this. Only works if your suffixes are full.
Otherwise you might roll unholy might, chaos res or phys to chaos damage on your elder base claws.
So I'm 93 now and managed to gear up without taking the 2 Int nodes... I'm still having fun and leveling so I'm wondering what you guys would suggest taking for the next few points on the tree for the Pestilent Strike version?
Hello!

The build is nice, im quite enjoying mapping with it, though i can escalate the build much more still.

One thing to note, is that on the Pestilent Strike PoB you have the 6link with Unbound ailments, and then on the guide itself it says that melee skills should have Melee phys or Ancestral call.

Checking the DMG in PoB unbound ailments should always be there, so the gem links on the guide should say that.
"
Ury401 wrote:
Hello!

The build is nice, im quite enjoying mapping with it, though i can escalate the build much more still.

One thing to note, is that on the Pestilent Strike PoB you have the 6link with Unbound ailments, and then on the guide itself it says that melee skills should have Melee phys or Ancestral call.

Checking the DMG in PoB unbound ailments should always be there, so the gem links on the guide should say that.

Yeah, that I missed to update.

In general you can't go wrong with either.
Melee Phys is better than regular Unbound Ailment's, but Awakened Unbound is better than Melee Phys and it's cheap.

Melee phys scales more poison damage while Unbound ailments scales duration.

PS

Sorry guys i'm not responding to msgs, i'm skipping this league.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jul 4, 2020, 4:44:45 PM
Played this build the last 2 leagues and I know how good it is (especially for just obliterating bosses and speed farming). With the VMS nerf how is it working out? Tried a couple different builds and I'm still building a VD build, but.... it just doesn't feel as good as I know this build does. Basically I'm looking for someone to convince me not to reroll (again) to PS (VS on bosses).
Doing you pestilent strike build. Gotta say this is super fun. First time using the skill and first time using Pathfinder. It melts things similar to ED/Contagion but doesn't suck against bosses. Thanks for the build(s)!
Thank you for a really great guide.

Playing this build with Pestilent Strike on PS4. lvl ~85 stll.

Generally, it feels good when I manage to use at least 4 flasks (using controller with additional buttons). Though I cant use all the active skills mentioned in the guide. Dropped Vaal Grace. And besides that , I have free sockets left now but too lazy to think and test something before I find some good gear...

Cant advise this build for console players mainly because of heavily relying on flasks for anything (damage and defiance, survival).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info