[3.8] 2M++ Flameblast Ignite DPS! Ignite your way to Uber Elder!

3.8 Elementalist Flameblast Ignite

Picked up a 21/0 Vaal flameblast pretty early so I decided to build around that.

Pob link: https://pastebin.com/E4Y61ePd

Pros:

+ 1 tap and go
+ Cheap to start gearing!
+ No gem swapping!
+ End game viable!
+ Ignite prolif feels amazing
+ Good clearspeed!
+ No need to facetank
+ Effective with blights, can offscreen

Cons:

- Caps at around 5.3k hp
- Not T1 clear speed
- Dot build, not as safe as delete builds
- Quite a lot of buttons to press

VIDEOS

Uber Elder
Hydra run

SKILL TREE

Elementalist
Passives Lv 92

Ascendancy Points: Liege of the Primordial -> Elemancer -> Pendulum of Destruction(then respec into) Shaper of Desolation -> Beacon of Ruin

Bandits: Passives - always

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

When leveling your witch, path center to grab aoe nodes, spell damage nodes and life nodes. Then path right towards the damage, elemental damage and life node clusters. After that path left for more elemental and damage nodes. This should the skeleton of your tree. Once you spec into flameblast, then grab all the fire damage over time multiplier nodes.

PANTHEON

Major God: Brine king when mapping/early in the atlas, Soul of arakaali for uber elder
Minor God: Soul of Ryslatha when in lab, Yugul for Uber Elder.

DPS

Without factoring in 10-15% faster burn damage from watcher's eye

185% shock effectiveness = 42.5% increased damage taken; almost capped

DEFENSE

• 5.3k hp with a few more upgrades
  • 18% block from staff, additional block can be obtained from rumi's
  • 589hp/s regen (more than 10% hp regen)
  • 15% phy reduction
  • Immunity to elemental status ailments
  • Blind
  • 185% chill effectiveness = 28.5% chill

GEAR

Spoiler

Self-crafted staff - Choose a ilvl80 ELDER staff (NOT Warstaff) with attack block implicit and alt+regal for these 3 mods:
Prefix - Socketed gems are supported by level 20 Inspiration support(1st priority)
Prefix - +3(or 2) to level of all fire spell skill gems (2nd priority)
Prefix - + 66 - 75% to fire damage over time multiplier. (Third Priority)

As you can see, all three mods are prefixes, so alt and if you get a suffix, augment, if you get a trash prefix then alt, if you get one of the prefixes aforementioned then regal. Alternatively, Chaos spam.
Suffixes do little to the build so I won't touch on them. I spend around 30 chaos spamming for the DoT multi and inspiration support, then crafted +2 support for 2ex since there was an open prefix. YMMV.

The most important mod is the inspiration support gem. Due to the nature of flameblast you are permanently at 5 charges and its a additional multiplier to your damage. No other mod beats having an addition support gem that cost lesser than or equal to your six link.

The next most important mod is the +3 to fire spell gems. It grants a huge boost to damage since we have little to no added fire damage to spells. However, not having this mod is replaceable with a +2 to level of support gems and replacing burning damage with empower. Slightly lesser damage but more expensive (lvl 3/4 empower) but it does grant +1 radius to ignite prolif, which increases clear.

Lastly is the fire damage over time multiplier. Its good but not irreplaceable. Crafting bench gives up to 40%, mod gives up 75% but its readily available on many pieces of gear and tree. Weapon is the most important part of the build contributing ~ 50% of your dps

The searing touch is a very cheap weapon that does pretty decent damage. You do lose around 500k ignite dps if you stick to the searing touch. At 1.3m dps you can still do uber elder pretty comfortably with it.

Rest of the gear are as follows:

I opted going the blasphemer's grasp route, so force elder bases into my build. With 8 elder items currently I have about additional 32% DoT multiplier and 64% increased shock and chill effectiveness and 48 life. Its a really good use of a glove slot.

I highly recommend the "70% increased mana regeneration while you have casted a spell recently" enchant. With a level 13 clarity, I can swap out my mana flask with 0 mana regen nodes on the tree. Awesome stuff.

Improvements to gear: I would swap out my non elder ring to one with more resists so I can craft " 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" on my boots"

FLASKS

Panicked life flask with stanching is a must have followed by an adrenaline quicksilver flask. Rest is up to your preference.

I would use a Cinderswallow flask since it provides so much dps, swapping with my mana flask. Will also use a high rolled Rumi's since we have some block chance and why not stack it. Divine flask for extra damage/regen. Quartz flask would work too.

JEWELS

Watcher's eye with fast DoT provides a multiplier to your overall ignite damage. Must have.
I went with an abyss jewel for added cold so my orb of storms will be able to chill. Phase chance to deal with annoying mobs in delves.
Rare jewel with life/fire DoT multi/fire damage/Damage/Burning damage

I would add a lethal pride with 10% faster ignites if I can. Elusive and expensive, I wouldnt really worry about them until they are the last piece of the puzzle.

Last but also important note: Do not take any added fire damage to spells. It will screw up your EE.

GEM LINKS

Spoiler

Weapon(6L)
(if +2 support gems is crafted)

Golems

I used these in my helm with a Minion life mod.

Orb of Storms/Flame dash

Squeezed OoS with Flame Dash due to lack of sockets. Would add PCoC inside if I had the sockets

Auras

CWDT offering/SR totem

CWDT offering for Cinderswallow charge generation, SR totem for fire exposure

Leveling Guide

Spoiler

Just level with your favourite spells and take generic spell damage nodes or elemental node then respec. I personally used ball lightning with a Agnerod West and a trash 5l armour. Completely rekts the story acts.

THE END

Guys, if you intend to try this build or are already playing it, please give some feedback on whether you like it or not, or what things you feel needs to be improved.

[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Sep 18, 2019, 5:04:03 PM
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2020, 10:08:33 PM
Reserved for future updates
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
Added uber elder fight and hydra run. Apologise for the shitty quality. Just wanted to showcase a fb ignite build in 3.8
Updated PoB link to current build/items
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Sep 18, 2019, 5:04:28 PM
Thanks for this! Been wanting to do Flameblast for a while now and decided to do something "off meta" this time around. This should help me with getting me on the right path!

Q: did you test out Pendulum of Destruction/Mastermind of Discord? I'm curious what final ascendancy set-up would be stronger.
"
Thanks for this! Been wanting to do Flameblast for a while now and decided to do something "off meta" this time around. This should help me with getting me on the right path!

Q: did you test out Pendulum of Destruction/Mastermind of Discord? I'm curious what final ascendancy set-up would be stronger.

Hi! Thanks for taking an interest in this build! Since this is an off meta build, gears like elder rares are super cheap! Apart from my staff, I probably spent less than 1 ex putting everything together!

As for pendulum of destruction+mastermind of discord Vs shaper of desolation+beacon of ruin, I was initially torn between the two. However, herald of ash gives a more spell fire damage bonus which do not affect ignites. Moreover, the damage penetration only applies to the hit portion of the flameblast and do not apply to the ignite. The only sources of penetration in this build that apply to ignite are: combustion support, EE, scorched fossil crafted helm and fire exposure (scorching ray/wave of conviction).

While shaper of desolation is practically useless, beacon of ruin is very potent due to its more ignite damage (20% overall multiplier to ignite), minimum shock and chill. Thanks to that and by scaling shock/chill effect, we are able to inflict a 42.5% Inc damage taken due to shock as well as a 28.5% chill. It's a huge amount of dps from 2 ascendancy nodes! Definitely miles better than mastermind of discord. Hope this clears any doubt about ascendancy choices.

The reason why I went pendulum of destruction is due to the fact this is my league starter and there was a significant period of time I spent leveling without doing uberlab due to trials, so I took pendulum for more damage/utility
Thanks for the reply and explanation! Yes the potential cheapness of gearing is a plus (I picked up a 23% quality Vaal FB for 2 chaos!). That all makes sense. It's a shame shaper of desolation is so poor, but I can see how beacon of ruin is so strong with ignites.

Thanks again! Should get my character into maps today and see how far I can push it.
I am trying out a bit this build of yours. I do have mana issues, propably due to gear but... in your videos you got 97 free mana, still you manage to get 7 charges of Flameblast. Is it because of the boot enchant?

Also, it would be nice if you could write down a bit more on this "With a level 13 clarity, I can swap out my mana flask with 0 mana regen nodes on the tree. Awesome stuff." . I don't really get what you mean.

Thank you.
"
Falcyon wrote:
I am trying out a bit this build of yours. I do have mana issues, propably due to gear but... in your videos you got 97 free mana, still you manage to get 7 charges of Flameblast. Is it because of the boot enchant?

Also, it would be nice if you could write down a bit more on this "With a level 13 clarity, I can swap out my mana flask with 0 mana regen nodes on the tree. Awesome stuff." . I don't really get what you mean.

Thank you.

With 97 free mana, i can continously cast FB for around 6-7 secs due to the boots enchant. I do advise also getting the -3 mana to channeling skills, I'm sure it will be of great help too! Since i have no problems with mana, I can swap out my mana flask for utility/dps flask. That was what I meant.

Another reason why I can sustain mana due to inspiration support that reduces mana. My mana cost is currently 16 but i think yours should be around 20.

I am no longer using spirit offering but steelskin for better defenses.
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Sep 23, 2019, 1:05:58 PM
Hi, how is EE supposed to work in the build? I thought flameblast hit enemies, so it applies a bad EE for us?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info