[3.8] Cobra Lash Assassin | 3.5m+ DPS | 2.0m+ Shaper DPS | Build Compendium | Guide

"
bananasbabyy wrote:
"
SVNViking wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's right to tick the shock effect in PoB settings. Unless explicitly stated, all non-hit shock effects are 20% more damage against an enemy which means skitter bots only give 20%. PoB calculates shock as 50% more, so the numbers will be slightly inflated.

Also another minor note, how are you applying 30 poisons recently to Shaper for example? The attack rate on the Bino's/Rare dagger PoB is 5.17 meaning max of 20 poison stacks applied recently if you constantly attack. I could just be missing something, but other than that, I like the guide; many different options are made available and each has its pros/cons.

I think it's safe to assume that you will be fighting adds and have an average of 30 poisons applied per second in an Elder or Shaper fight (Elder more so). I can't calculate the damage you'd have at every phase so I just put 30 as a safe average but you are correct. Against a single mob then you'd cap at 20. Also, about the shock. I'm not sure how it works either but the damage numbers from the enemy at full life and low life aren't calculated either, so I think that if they were then it would be similar to the 50% shock bonus.

PoB isn't calculating the attack speed you get from Elusive, either.
"
bananasbabyy wrote:
"
girng wrote:
Nice guide! Just curious, are there any videos?

Currently I do not have any recorded but I may upload some soon. If you'd like, Mathil has been playing this build (the bino's and rare dagger version), so go check his vods and I think he has a youtube video on it now.

Yeah, just not sure if the poison prolif is worth it or not.

I'm trying to find a build that uses a shield and is somewhat tanky, but can dish out some respectable dps. I think your build is it, thanks!
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
girng wrote:
"
bananasbabyy wrote:
"
girng wrote:
Nice guide! Just curious, are there any videos?

Currently I do not have any recorded but I may upload some soon. If you'd like, Mathil has been playing this build (the bino's and rare dagger version), so go check his vods and I think he has a youtube video on it now.

Yeah, just not sure if the poison prolif is worth it or not.

I'm trying to find a build that uses a shield and is somewhat tanky, but can dish out some respectable dps. I think your build is it, thanks!

I play the Wasp Nest Lioneye's Remorse version and I think the clear is just fine. If you really want more, you could always get the +3 chain helm enchant for Cobra Lash instead of the 40% increased damage.
"
bananasbabyy wrote:

I play the Wasp Nest Lioneye's Remorse version and I think the clear is just fine. If you really want more, you could always get the +3 chain helm enchant for Cobra Lash instead of the 40% increased damage.

Nice! I'll def be transitioning to this build.

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Hey, your build looks really good but i'm curious about end game content. What have you done so far? Shaper, elder... ? And how good was the build at it?
"
SirAssis wrote:
Hey, your build looks really good but i'm curious about end game content. What have you done so far? Shaper, elder... ? And how good was the build at it?

I've done yellow Elder, red Elder, and Shaper. Uber Elder should be down within one or two days. I'll try to screenshot it or record it.
"
bananasbabyy wrote:
"
SirAssis wrote:

I've done yellow Elder, red Elder, and Shaper. Uber Elder should be down within one or two days. I'll try to screenshot it or record it.

They were all fairly easy Shaper is no big deal. I might not be able to do UElder deathless though because I'm not very experienced with that fight I've only killed it <10 times.
My shadow transitioned into this build last night at level 35. He is now steam rolling and can't wait to get the shield at level 70.

I am curious if the Cobra Lash chain enchantment is worth it over the 40% DMG. I got a 25% DMG helmet, but only because the chain enchantments were too expensive. I do want to test it out ASAP though.

This build is insanely fun, I'm loving it so far

Last edited by girng on Sep 13, 2019, 2:00:01 PM
"
girng wrote:
My shadow transitioned into this build last night at level 35. He is now steam rolling and can't wait to get the shield at level 70.

I am curious if the Cobra Lash chain enchantment is worth it over the 40% DMG. I got a 25% DMG helmet, but only because the chain enchantments were too expensive. I do want to test it out ASAP though.

This build is insanely fun, I'm loving it so far

I should add a levelling tips section but to level you can use mortem morsu until you get wasp nest. Also, just try to find an enchantment under 40c. The chain one is very expensive the damage one is cheaper. And I'm glad you're enjoying it.
"
bananasbabyy wrote:
"
bananasbabyy wrote:
"
SirAssis wrote:

They were all fairly easy Shaper is no big deal. I might not be able to do UElder deathless though because I'm not very experienced with that fight I've only killed it <10 times.

Sounds good! Will start leveling a character today, and thanks for the nice guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info