Pestilent Strike

From what I have experienced when playing PS, it feels like every debuff works more or less like an AoE spell centered around the enemy that died while affected by PS and it FEELS like, when these AoEs overlap, the enemies that are in range of several of these will be damaged by each one.

The best example I can think of is when doing Incursions and I literally don't even realize I've killed one of the architects because I was clearing packs in his vicinity and he just gets deleted 1s after all the packs around him die. If the secondary debuff's dmg didn't stack, I don't think that would be possible.

I don't have actual proof and I can't think of a way to reliably test it, but if someone else finds a way to find out for sure, I'll make an effort to test it and provide evidence.
Do you have some means of proliferating poisons?

If you proliferate poisons to get several stacks on the last enemy to die, then they would deal damage depending on the expected damage of those poisons.
"

If you proliferate poisons to get several stacks on the last enemy to die, then they would deal damage depending on the expected damage of those poisons.

The thing is that the the "proliferated" damage from remaining poisons does not count as poison damage but it applies a debuff dealing ordinary chaos damage over time

and then, in general, buffs are not stackable, only the strongest one should be active. But this can be an exception.. from the developer POV it would make sense for it to stack (think about it as a poison version of infernal blow).. But for me it seems that if it stacks then its really OP and if not then it sucks unless your poison damage is crazy high.. I did not manage to test it reliably with my current char.. but from the experience of users of this skill it seems they do stack.. (Ive seen only handful of them sharing experience though)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
"

The thing is that the the "proliferated" damage from remaining poisons does not count as poison damage but it applies a debuff dealing ordinary chaos damage over time

and then, in general, buffs are not stackable, only the strongest one should be active. But this can be an exception.. from the developer POV it would make sense for it to stack (think about it as a poison version of infernal blow).. But for me it seems that if it stacks then its really OP and if not then it sucks unless your poison damage is crazy high.. I did not manage to test it reliably with my current char.. but from the experience of users of this skill it seems they do stack.. (Ive seen only handful of them sharing experience though)
You are misunderstanding me. Poisons can be proliferated. And I mean that literally, just applying the poisons. Not relating to the mechanic of Pestilent Strike AT ALL. And Poisons can stack infinitely (or at least until the server crashes the instance).

The damage of the Pestilent Strike debuff will depend on the poisons on the target, so if you stack more poisons (through prior proliferation unrelated to Pestilent Strike), it will deal more damage, and appear as if it was stacking, when in reality, it is not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info