7k ES 3k+dps Freezing pulse cold Witch lvl 83 + video!

This is my build for Cold Witch. I am using CI, Ghost Reaver + Vaal Pact instead passives on ES regen.

7k ES with 2h staff, with shield(250es) 8.5k
3k dps Freezing pulse

Skill combo:
Spoiler
- Freezing pulse + Faster casting(I will use added lighting dmg instead it) + Faster Projectiles + Life leech + Lesser Multiple Projectiles
- Cold snap + added lighting + crit strike and dmg
- Freezing pulse + spell totem + added chaos + faster casting + GMP
- Auras(discipline / clarity / purity) + reduced mana

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8C_gdjES8RUBXXFr8W8xdUHNwigSY8KPopTyo4LKYsvy1HL50wlzLRNAo3ZjeDOtg74TyOQYdBlkLDRUdGcUbXRwZN2FBCVmNXK1fJXcZd8l76X2ptGXBScNV6uH5Zf8aCEIKbgseESIauh9uIQot6i4yMNox2jjyOZI_6kyeVIJmaoqOm66crrpO0DLQ4tQS297b6uJO71sHFwfPDbdVP14bb595334TfsOFz4vfkIuUZ5oHquutj6-7sGOw47SDyHfPq96b79fyr

Video:

Screen:
IGN = Maostream
Very tanky, dps is just alright given your gear.

Problem is this build is one of the most gear dependent builds out there. At the point where you can afford this level of gear you can run most builds with a lot of success.
I don't have any problem to survive at high lvl maps, just must be care at mele bosses.
IGN = Maostream
Your gear could be better, you have pretty low resistance even with Purity on, and according to the video you don't even use Purity anyway since it reserves too much mana with the other 2 auras.

Your Freezing Pulse DPS also seems pretty low for someone whose build is centered around it... you even have quality gems + support :/
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Mar 16, 2013, 2:07:45 PM
I had 8k dps from FP, with 1 projectile and full crit build, i had only 3k ES, i changed it and its much better now
IGN = Maostream
In my opinion its the best build for cold witch eva
IGN = Maostream
"
b21ar13 wrote:

Nope
Your passive tree is quite bad actually.

Lacking some Cast Speed
Lacking some Critical Strike Multiplier
Why do you even have Conduit
Why do you not have Inner Force
You would rather take 6% cold damage from the Templar tree instead of Cast Speed or Critical Strike?
Really long middle path.

I made a slightly better version of your build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMC_gdjB6UMfRB7EH8RLREvEVAV1xa_FvMXVBzcIoEmPCj6KU8qOCsKLJwsvy1HL50y0TrYO-FBh0LDRUdG10cGSbJN2FBCVmNXK13GXfJe-l9qYG1tGXBScNV6uHyDfll_xoIQgseGrofbiEKMNox2jjyOZI6-j_qZmqKjpyuuk7Q4tMW1BLb3tvq4k7vWvjrBAMHFwfPC7MNtxp7N-tVP14bbGtvn3fPed9-E37Di9-Qi5Rnmgetj6-7sGOw48h3z6vVL96b79fyr

"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Mar 18, 2013, 6:22:44 PM
So nowdays I just go to gear section and lol... 5l taryn ,5l 500 ES chest... yep move along unless you have 30 exalt collecting dust
IGN Nordes
"
"
b21ar13 wrote:

Nope
Your passive tree is quite bad actually.

Lacking some Cast Speed
Lacking some Critical Strike Multiplier
Why do you even have Conduit
Why do you not have Inner Force
You would rather take 6% cold damage from the Templar tree instead of Cast Speed or Critical Strike?
Really long middle path.

I made a slightly better version of your build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMC_gdjB6UMfRB7EH8RLREvEVAV1xa_FvMXVBzcIoEmPCj6KU8qOCsKLJwsvy1HL50y0TrYO-FBh0LDRUdG10cGSbJN2FBCVmNXK13GXfJe-l9qYG1tGXBScNV6uHyDfll_xoIQgseGrofbiEKMNox2jjyOZI6-j_qZmqKjpyuuk7Q4tMW1BLb3tvq4k7vWvjrBAMHFwfPC7MNtxp7N-tVP14bbGtvn3fPed9-E37Di9-Qi5Rnmgetj6-7sGOw48h3z6vVL96b79fyr

In ur opinion better take 9% cast speed and some crit instead of high energy shield boost? Nice... I will get around 200dps and lose 1k ES. That middle ES path is really nice, i changed some points to get inner force, and its better now
IGN = Maostream
I'm curious as to your gem choices. Cold Penetration will perform better than almost any of the gems you have linked to your Cold spells, so why didn't you use it? Even added Cold Damage would be better, assuming you are cursing with Frostbite.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info