[3.8] ShakCentral's Tornado Shot For Dummies

Thanks so much for making this guide. Im not a very good player (but have a lot of fun) and I have gotten my Slayer to level 87 and its getting a bit slow and monotonous. So thought I reroll something else and Tornado Shot sprung to mind. So thanks so much for taking the time and effort to put this guide togheter it will help me a lot.
Awesome guide!!! Hands down the best leveling section I have seen.

My question is, could I just use HoA and toxic rain to yellow and red maps until I have enough currency for TS? If so, what guide would you recommend?

Would love to see more guides soon. Keep it up!
"
Awesome guide!!! Hands down the best leveling section I have seen.

My question is, could I just use HoA and toxic rain to yellow and red maps until I have enough currency for TS? If so, what guide would you recommend?

Would love to see more guides soon. Keep it up!

You can absolutely use Toxic Rain pretty far into maps with no issues. If you want to get deep into what makes Toxic Rain work, I highly recommend Angry_Roleplayer's guide here
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Absolutely superb guide. I've been looking for a thing to look at in regards to a skeleton for Tornado Shot that isn't primarily concerning MF and just Elemental Bow variants of it! Kudos!

Query, though, how exactly do you manage to put out decent single target damage in regards to end-of-map bosses? I can mostly clear fine, rares seem to be a bit beefy here and there. Character is called BlightedQuiver_ if you'd be interested in looking it over. Level of gems is certainly something I'm keeping in mind but it feels like I'm missing something.

Further still, what're the recommended/some ideas for anointments on Amulets?
Last edited by DoomedNecromancer on Sep 27, 2019, 6:28:04 PM
"
Absolutely superb guide. I've been looking for a thing to look at in regards to a skeleton for Tornado Shot that isn't primarily concerning MF and just Elemental Bow variants of it! Kudos!

Query, though, how exactly do you manage to put out decent single target damage in regards to end-of-map bosses? I can mostly clear fine, rares seem to be a bit beefy here and there. Character is called BlightedQuiver_ if you'd be interested in looking it over. Level of gems is certainly something I'm keeping in mind but it feels like I'm missing something.

Further still, what're the recommended/some ideas for anointments on Amulets?

Most of your build looks good, but jewels are a huge issue. You're 2-3 points from at least 5 jewel sockets and haven't picked any of them up. Grabbing the sockets and jewels with 2-3 added damage rolls would be massive for your damage. and like you said, gem level is a big issue.
Thanks for the awesome guide, can u give me a tip for my next upgrade?

what is the best upgrade for me to do now?
I have about 120c. My quiver is very weak too, I don't know how to do the crafts.
I was thinking of buying Lioneye's now
Last edited by LIONPRO on Sep 30, 2019, 4:17:48 PM
Fantastic guide! I definitely agree that whilst there are tons of TS guides out there, it is usually specific toward a goal like MF.

I would love to see your analysis of the champion impale TS build compared to ranger variants. I tried both and the champion one looks super strong but it plays different because of the way impale works.

Can I ask what would you recommend as a t16 mf farmer that can do bosses? Dex stacking build with a few mf gear pieces? I’m farming elder tower maps this league and want to use an mf setup but blights and tower bosses are pretty tough!
laionpro

Spoiler
I would prioritize getting your Lioneye's Fall for sustain and damage and crafting or buying at least a Hyrri's Bite for now. In addition, until you get your Dex stacking bow and change up your tree, Fractal Thoughts will be worse than either Devoto's or Starkonja's

bankai1009

Spoiler
I'll admit that I haven't tried the champion build yet, but am planning to soon. However, my understanding from the forums and other experienced players is that Ranger is still the king of clear speed, while the Champion build puts out single target damage that is unparalleled among other TS builds. More will come if I have time to try out Champion.

Once you get up to red maps, the Dex stacking items will be incredibly nice for keeping your damage up without sacrificing much else.

"
laionpro

Spoiler
I would prioritize getting your Lioneye's Fall for sustain and damage and crafting or buying at least a Hyrri's Bite for now. In addition, until you get your Dex stacking bow and change up your tree, Fractal Thoughts will be worse than either Devoto's or Starkonja's

bankai1009

Spoiler
I'll admit that I haven't tried the champion build yet, but am planning to soon. However, my understanding from the forums and other experienced players is that Ranger is still the king of clear speed, while the Champion build puts out single target damage that is unparalleled among other TS builds. More will come if I have time to try out Champion.

Once you get up to red maps, the Dex stacking items will be incredibly nice for keeping your damage up without sacrificing much else.

Great, gonna buy Hyrri's Demisse and Lioneyes Fall and change my helm to Devoto's. Between Hyrri's Demisse and Rigwald, wich one is better? Before stacking dex.

And thanks again for awesome noob friendly guide.
If you do not have a Dex stacking bow, Rigwalds is significantly better. Make sure you swap Fork out of your links and run with Chain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info