hacked account:all orbs missing :(

Hi,i wake up today and i enter the game.Laucher say that my account was used in other place,and i need unlock code.I got the code from my mail and enter the game and ........boom.All my orbs are missing 70+chaos 15 gcp exalted + many more items and runes. :( what can i do now,do GGG got rollback account options or im done?
Last edited by LatinSwagger on Mar 16, 2013, 7:04:51 AM
"
Hi,i wake up today and i enter the game.Laucher say that my account was used in other place,and i need unlock code.I got the code from my mail and enter the game and ........boom.All my orbs are missing 70+chaos 15 gcp exalted + many more items and runes. :( what can i do now,do GGG got rollback account options or im done?

There is no rollback or item/character restores. Sorry.

When was the last time you played PoE? Was it after the new security measures were implemented?

If you have been playing at all the last couple of weeks, and they were still able to break into your account and take your stuff, it means both your PoE account AND your email are compromised as they were able to gain access to your email to unlock your account. If that is the case then either one of a couple things happened.

1) You use the same password for your PoE account as your Email. Don't do that.
2) You have a compromised PC which allowed them to steal both your Email password and PoE password separately. I'd look into fixing that. And a Virus scan isn't necessarily going to tell you that you are infected.
"
Hi,i wake up today and ........boom.All my orbs are missing 70+chaos 15 gcp exalted + many more items and runes. :( what can i do now,do GGG got rollback account options or im done?

I'm afraid you're done... sorry.
"
Drakier wrote:
"

If you have been playing at all the last couple of weeks, and they were still able to break into your account and take your stuff, it means both your PoE account AND your email are compromised as they were able to gain access to your email to unlock your account. If that is the case then either one of a couple things happened.

Untrue, the lock happens after the account has already been wiped. I can prove this with a log that shows all access to my email. I got the notification in email, logged on and all my stuff was gone. I used a high digit, unique, complex password so the evidence shows the compromise is on the server side, not the user side. This is probably not true for all cases, but for mine I see no other way. I sure hope GGG figures out where the security hole is. I no longer am willing to take the risk of playing this game as I have never been hacked in 17 years of online play.

No unauthorized email login attempt was even attempted, so email access is a guaranteed non-requirement to an unsecure login.
Last edited by pdxg33k on Mar 17, 2013, 3:08:51 PM
That is not evidence that the compromise is sever side. All this tells us is it's very likely they have access to your email - you got the lock email, and then they logged in and took all your stuff.
Last edited by Lask001 on Mar 17, 2013, 7:29:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info