3.8 Toxic rain summoner hybrid | Cheap | Tanky | Fun!

Even Rain of Arrows isnt great at keeping Virulence stacks at maximum when you just face 1 target.

Therefore most builds were using The Golden Rule jewel where you constantly poison yourself and basically double your poison generation.

Problem is you should be immun to poison then, either by going ES (chaos immun means poison immun) or you take Shakari and capture the Terror in a t14 map.

I guess this build could use this jewel as well once you have captured the Terror.
"
Xirce wrote:
You should replace your Toxic Rain, Void Manipulation, Concentrated effect, Vicious Projectiles.

Instead you better use Toxic Rain, Lesser Poison, Curse on Hit, Projectile Weakness.

Funny but this will even improve dps of Toxic Rain slightly.
On top of that Toxic Rain can overlap better and hit single targets more often (here Concentrated effect is bad!)

The dps increase on the Crawler will be huge (like an extra gem, 50+% more).
and you not need a Pierce gem which was badly missing in the Crawler link.

Higher chance to poison is needed because of map mods (up to 60% less chance)
and it is easier to keep Virulence up against Bosses without or just a few adds
which i bet your build has issues with.

Now you just need a 2nd curse enabled either by Whispers of Doom, Doedre ring or a Corruption.

Grip of the Council glove will buff your minions further.

I am not a big fan of the Sentinels but they are useful because of Withering Touch.
This is a big damage increase for the Crawler during a boss fight (up to 30% more damage).
Unfortunatly Sentinels only last 12 secs, maybe a increased duration gem could help.

Thanks for your tips! I like the idea, sounds interesting. Good with the pierce that's for sure. The issue is with the dual curse.
I think it lowers dps of toxic rain a LOT though? As for the map mods, that's true, but no need for super buffed HoA all the time. Purities are good enough to kill everything, don't come across that mod that much and with 110% poison we're still kicking with 50% which is fine.
Vs bosses, hard bosses yeah you're right, If I have to dodge a lot then don't get a lot of stacks, but 5 APS with autohit gets quite good stacks.

With sentinels I'm not sure what you mean about they only last 12 seconds? This build actually has 65% increased duration but duration doesn't even matter for purity guys. (They get spawned on hit not on kill)

I think your changes are good for HoA build, but this is a hybrid :)

Edit: For golden rule, I wanted to try that actually but I never found it in SSF.
Last edited by Linnywtf on Sep 6, 2019, 11:58:33 AM
"
El_Phosky wrote:
"
Toxic rain is easier to scale because it scales with levels and you don't need to use a decent bow. You could use Rain if you go phys damage but I think it's a lot harder and pointless.

What's the bug with it ?

Procs very slow in my opinion and sometimes he doesn't even proc, there's a Occultist build with similar base using Rain of arrows instead and have perma 40 stacks poison from herald of agony

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2295570

I've never had a problem with stacks and this isn't a herald of agony build anyway.
"
Linnywtf wrote:
"
It would be lovely if you could add a brief introduction of the build, like whats the main skill for dmg, whats the buget and maybe some details/notes from personal experience with the build. Etc
General stuff about how the build functions

Thanks I will do, this is my first build. :)

Edit: How is that?

Its much better now! Keep at it! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info