[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

ok dmg up so aw8 sirius only 2 cast death star - 1 meteor and he dead...
and again 0 aw gems...
Liliean you stealed my rng pray for Kuduku!
smb 1 gem smb 8-9 gem with +- same kills...
"
dyst20 wrote:
couple of questions, coming from a partial noob. This is by far the furthest i've gotten as well as the most fun i've had playing PoE in the 2 years i've played on and off.

second question, i bought a pair of badass fingerless silk gloves with +20 aspect of the spider, but even with sovereignty, i cant have flesh and stone, discipline and arctic armour up, thats 75% reserved for those 3 and aspect sits at 28% reserved. would lowering gem levels result in lessened costs or do i have to +quality them? i can't really find anything online though i maybe havent searched as thoroughly as i possibly could have, but thats why i came here to the experts!

Don't put support gems in the gloves where you crafted the Aspect cause will increase it's mana reservation. Use auras in gloves or cwdt setup.

"
Gendark2 wrote:
Just fought Sirus for the first time with this exact build and I lost miserably. Got him halfway but can't deal with him covering the screen with nonsense and running.Just want to let other noobs or anyone else thinking about trying this build that the build is mostly fine until you hit T14+ maps and then it feels like the damage is just weak compared to literally any other build. Further, this build has an atrocious time dealing with some of Sirus mechanics.

I will recommend you literally play any of Mathil's builds for Ascendant or anything with stupid DPS like miner. This one unfortunately costs tons of currency just to struggle with the end game maps and the end game boss. Unless ofcourse you have a mirror worth of gear like the OP, than feel free to build anything because enough currency can make anything godlike and amazing.

Sorry OP, Whispering Ice for the cost of it's build is just worse than literally any other character with any other Ascendancy. Even plain raider is probably much better and cheaper to gear. Anyway, I'm done with my rant. Spending 60 hours to feel this underwhelming is not a good feeling. Now it's off me, I'm good. Good luck to anyone that dares to try and make this a top tier build.

You failed in your first ever Sirus fight and your only conclusion is that this build suck?

Allow me not to agree with you to any of those lines that u have just written.
First of all the creator of this build in 2.0 (Kelvynn) who updated and improved this build over years and leagues is not playing much this league atm it seems.
But he would tell you that you are wrong, wrong, extremely wrong. This is one of the best boss killing builds and entire content owning builds that was created in PoE history. There were and are so many people that killed their first Uber Atziri, their first Shaper, their first Uber Elder and so on with this build after failing miserably with other builds (some of them way more expensive).

Kelvynn has on his Youtube channel tons of videos of killing all the endgame bosses that existed in the history of Path of Exile being way under geared and using different variations of this build that he created and updated at one moment of time.

You should check his channel to learn a bit how this build owns everything and this without spending more than few exalts on gear.

Instead you come here and throw bad words about this build to justify your failure in your first ever encounter with the final new boss of PoE. :)

That is just bad, just bad, and i am not talking about the build!

Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 30, 2019, 7:52:32 PM
Hi, need advice with HoGM. Managed to clear all except the Scorching Ray toon. Suggestion on how to counter SR build?
"
alvincheng wrote:
Hi, need advice with HoGM. Managed to clear all except the Scorching Ray toon. Suggestion on how to counter SR build?

Read the description of this video of Kelvynn from last league on how to deal with SR bitches:

[3.8] Whispering Ice Ascendant vs The Hall of Grandmasters

"
archwerewolf wrote:
ok dmg up so aw8 sirius only 2 cast death star - 1 meteor and he dead...
and again 0 aw gems...
Liliean you stealed my rng pray for Kuduku!
smb 1 gem smb 8-9 gem with +- same kills...

Other people are complaining about the build sucking at Sirus fight, you complain that you kill too many and don't get gems :)

Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 30, 2019, 8:36:00 PM
I can confirm that while Awakened Spell Cascade is truly awesome... like truly! It took my PC (2070 Super gfx card) down to as low as 7 frames a sec during the boss fight. Not that I really needed any frames at that point, because the entire world was covered in ice. But yeah, probably not the best.

One exception if you are feeling brave is Legion Encounters.... Cleared the hell out of a legion encounter at 9 frames per second.. Blighted maps may be worth the swap and performance hit as well.
Last edited by Breken on Dec 30, 2019, 9:45:00 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Aspect of the Spider is one of the best auras you can get for endgame since it give us more damage with every spider web stacked on an enemy (3 maximum) and also slows the action speed of enemies like a free Temporal Chains curse.

Lilian, can you modify your post - aspect of the spider causes Hinder. Hinder reduces movement speed. It does not reduce the action speed of enemies and is very different in that respect from Temporal Chains.
....strange rng drop -_-
9 kills sirius...for all kills him+guardians 1 aw gem in total...just really trash drop
nah...not funy, i don't wana play more
"
You failed in your first ever Sirus fight and your only conclusion is that this build suck?

Allow me not to agree with you to any of those lines that u have just written.
First of all the creator of this build in 2.0 (Kelvynn) who updated and improved this build over years and leagues is not playing much this league atm it seems.
But he would tell you that you are wrong, wrong, extremely wrong. This is one of the best boss killing builds and entire content owning builds that was created in PoE history. There were and are so many people that killed their first Uber Atziri, their first Shaper, their first Uber Elder and so on with this build after failing miserably with other builds (some of them way more expensive).

Kelvynn has on his Youtube channel tons of videos of killing all the endgame bosses that existed in the history of Path of Exile being way under geared and using different variations of this build that he created and updated at one moment of time.

You should check his channel to learn a bit how this build owns everything and this without spending more than few exalts on gear.

Instead you come here and throw bad words about this build to justify your failure in your first ever encounter with the final new boss of PoE. :)

That is just bad, just bad, and i am not talking about the build!

Thanks for the criticism but I still disagree.

This build is not top tier. Every other class can do equal or more with less currency and less items. The fact is that we as Ascendant players have accepted this stale representation of what an ascendancy is, while other classes have literal godlike upgrades from one ascendancy point, they bask in the golden sunlight which we have long forgotten. (Since the slayer leech nerf.) However, I don't want to sit here and debate Ascendancy so I'm going to leave it at that.

I just needed to bring it up, because my point was that if we had better, more upto date and similar nodes, this might not even have to be a discussion.

Anyway, because you need to deal damage in melee range, this build has more trouble with Sirius spewing crap everywhere than builds that can damage from range. The damage you also deal is less than other builds with similar currency PERIOD. However, the damage mitigation is top tier, but that doesn't matter when you have to sit on a T16 metamorph for 2 minutes minimum to kill one. My point? You can get away with it on a metamorph, but you can't when the boss is literally taking the entire screen away from you and you die from the lack of damage and melee range adding up. And then it happens, you can't step anywhere and can hardly hit him.

The idea that you defend this build for THIS league with evidence from previous league is not really relevant, those leagues did not have Sirius. In summary, this build is a very difficult build to utilize to kill Sirius. This build is slower than many builds at clearing maps and Metamorphs. You can choose to disagree all you want, but these are facts.

Final disclaimer, Although it seems like I'm ripping this build apart, I'm not. I'm simply stating that given the current state of the game and league with an El Cheapo boss, this build should be strongly dwelled upon, while weighing your other options before you commit SIXTY HOURS 60 or more of play time, only to find out at the end that it's much more difficult than it needed to be. If only you could look back.... Right?

So NO, this is not based on my first Sirius attempt. I've played only Ascendant since Legacy league, every league. Even more is I usually just build my own build from scratch and can usually manage on completing everything reasonably. Why is it important that I bring this up? Because you try to bring in this person is a streamer, watch his videos to discredit me. That's bullshit and you know it. I know what feels like a good build and I know what feels like a sub tier. This league, this is sub tier.

THAT is my 2 cents.

/thread.
"
archwerewolf wrote:

can you make some video ot dat 1-shooting?)
and aw8 Sirius)

So you were asking for some footage related with Metamorph encounters?

Here is a video with some one-shooting of 3 metamorph encounters with Shaper Guardians in main role:

I_Storm_Santa vs. Shaper Guardians metamorph encounters

I feel sorry because my IceStorm character doesn't spend 2 minutes+ fighting a metamorph encounter in T16 maps!

Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 30, 2019, 10:18:45 PM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
archwerewolf wrote:

can you make some video ot dat 1-shooting?)
and aw8 Sirius)

So you were asking for some footage related with Metamorph encounters?

Here is a video with some one-shooting of 3 metamorph encounters with Shaper Guardians in main role:

I_Storm_Santa vs. Shaper Guardians metamorph encounters

I feel sorry because my IceStorm character doesn't spend 2 minutes+ fighting a metamorph encounter in T16 maps!

Nice to see. But i feel also bad this league. I can clear all maps include mino last night (the hp boost this league of bosses is incredibily) but with the metamorph its crazy dumb. Most of them i kill with no problem (like your fight) but some make at a point explosions dont know when and what that is gut it oneshot me)And my gear is much better then last league.
And to the guy who means its not a good build. I made a lot of groups this time to lvl faster. And the hunter boss all stay outside as they saw i can facetank the boss in a t15 map. So there are some points that let feel me not so tanky with sams stats as last league mostly this stupid metamorph explosions i have no idea they come from) but it works in all other contend really good. The only builds i saw who are much faster in clearspeed and boss killing is icicle miner. They oneshot the whole screen in my groups in t16 map. And a totem build i dont know what makes so white beams clears also really good but failed with boss.
You truly cant look at lilians videos. Thats the most op league gear i ever saw from his char and he has all leagues gucci gear. but this league he has guuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii gear. and this after 2 weeks. I looked at the market and if he sell his gear i think its 300 ex and more worth. that not the idea from this build. Its possible to come there (and this is the really great idea from Kelvyn) but you can go good with 20 ex (mostly of the extrem costs of we this league). So you can do the contend at a budget with diing often this league but also you can go to a nearly unkillable build.
Thats i like! You nearly ever have a posibility in the league to get better gear. (also lilian with most op gear i ever see can optimise his helmet).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info