[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Awesome build friend.
Ive been watching alot of videos and read alot of about this whispering ice thing.

I think il make it next league but i just dont get where does all the tankiness come from?

In pob the defensive stats looks mediocre and no fortify or endurance charges.
Where does all that ES leech and general survive-ability come from?

Never seen Hall of grandmasters getting facetanked that easy.
Last edited by kaldaskeren on Dec 3, 2019, 3:30:33 PM
"
kaldaskeren wrote:
Awesome build friend.
Ive been watching alot of videos and read alot of about this whispering ice thing.

I think il make it next league but i just dont get where does all the tankiness come from?

In pob the defensive stats looks mediocre and no fortify or endurance charges.
Where does all that ES leech and general survive-ability come from?

Never seen Hall of grandmasters getting facetanked that easy.

Leech on hit with discipline watcher's eye. Once ice storm gets going you are getting a ton of hits per second (instant leech). Then you get regular ES leech on top of that and is at max leech.
"
alvincheng wrote:
"
alvincheng wrote:

Better to remove crafts and craft increased area damage/effect right?

Elemental damage with attack skills useless.

Can anyone confirm whether increased area of effect craft works with icestorm?

Thank you!

Increased AoE reduces dps on stationary-ish targets. So be careful with that. Check out the icestorm wiki page.
Hello, I'm back again because to ask explanations about the use of Sinvicta's Mettle as a secundary weapon, since I see used in the videos and builds of people but no explanation in this well done guide. Thanks in advance for the people that take the time to answer this questions.
"
Osgili4th wrote:
Hello, I'm back again because to ask explanations about the use of Sinvicta's Mettle as a secundary weapon, since I see used in the videos and builds of people but no explanation in this well done guide. Thanks in advance for the people that take the time to answer this questions.

1) Approach monsters
2) Spin to win
3) Move back and press X
4) Wait for 1 monster to die
5) Press X
6) Spin to win with Rampage
"
Osgili4th wrote:

"
alvincheng wrote:

1) Approach monsters
2) Spin to win
3) Move back and press X
4) Wait for 1 monster to die
5) Press X
6) Spin to win with Rampage

To give further explanation... TL;DR: It is to take advantage of rampage mechanic without having to really 'use' the weapon thus granting buffs to movement speed and damage for maintaining kill streaks.

Sinvicta's grants rampage. An interesting mechanic that we take advantage of is you only need to kill 1 enemy while the weapon is in hand to activate rampage. Note that the rampage counter will not show until 5 kills are reached, however, once rampage is activated even with 1 kill you no longer need to use the weapon with rampage to continue to gain rampage counters.

So, the strategy is as alvincheng described. Either initiate the first kill while holding sinvicta's using its linked gems (sometimes winterorb is used here), or the other method that doesn't require linked gems in Sinvicta's is to begin casting ice storm by using cyclone with whispering ice, then switch to Sinvicta's (press x on PC) before it kills a monster, then as soon as one enemy dies while you are holding Sinvicta's you can switch back to whispering ice (press x on PC), and then start chaining killing monsters with ice storm - you need to kill one monster every 5 seconds to maintain the rampage, and once you kill your first 5 monsters with rampage active you will see it on your screen even if you don't have sinvicta's in your hands.
Thank you!!! I'm a casual player for POE been here since harbringer and finally manage to defeat both The Shaper and Uber Elder I't been a lot of fun, thank again for this incredible build!!https://i.redd.it/mcf329q9mr241.png
Last edited by GhostJX on Dec 5, 2019, 2:28:13 AM
I tried uncheck blood rage in PoB and it doesn't affect my DPS. The only change is the degen. Do blood rage and onslaught stack?

Thinking of replacing blood rage with cold snap, since I have onslaught on my boots.
"
alvincheng wrote:
I tried uncheck blood rage in PoB and it doesn't affect my DPS. The only change is the degen. Do blood rage and onslaught stack?

Thinking of replacing blood rage with cold snap, since I have onslaught on my boots.

Blood Rage provides Frenzy Charges :)
"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
"
alvincheng wrote:

Blood Rage provides Frenzy Charges :)

I know, that's why I want to replace with cold snap to get frenzy charges. Since unchecking blood rage in PoB did not affect anything, other then the degen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info