[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Why don't we use lightning nova instead of Ball lightning in chest???
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Why don't we use lightning nova instead of Ball lightning in chest???

Probably cause ball lightning can also hit far away enemies to curse them. Matters more for enfeeble than frostbite though, I guess.

Got a question about the gameplay with cyclone and icestorm. I noticed that cast-while-channeling seems to cast the Icestorm centered on the mouse cursor's location.

Since Cyclone is a movement skill, while using it your char keeps moving to where the cursor is placed - which basically leads to icestorm being cast wherever you're moving. Being able to actually target the icestorm only really becomes noticeable when your movement gets stuck while cycloning (like moving against a cliff or obstacle while the cursor is further away from the character).

Now I was wondering if there's any way to make use of this to aim icestorm at a distance. Like when there's a boss I don't feel comfortable spinning directly on top of - which cyclone forces me to do to aim the icestorm casts at the boss (since char keeps moving at cursor, and cursor needs to be on boss to cast icestorm there).

Was thinking something like 'holding shift' to prevent your char from moving, like it works with default attack or bow skills. Though doesn't work with cyclone. Is there any way to do so? Or no way to 'decouple' the icestorm aiming from the cyclone pathing?
I've never noticed it cast where the cursor is....always casts on me.

So we don't really care about cursing stuff outside of our icestorm so I feel it could be a much better alternative than ball lightning using shockwave.

Where are the heavy hitting theory crafters at? :P
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

So we don't really care about cursing stuff outside of our icestorm so I feel it could be a much better alternative than ball lightning using shockwave.

You do care cursing enemies far away with enfeeble, so they dont snipe you. I often notice that enemies a screen away are cursed so they also do less damage off screen
"
Akisailent wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

You do care cursing enemies far away with enfeeble, so they dont snipe you. I often notice that enemies a screen away are cursed so they also do less damage off screen

Ahh I see.

I'm considering getting arcane surge in a megalomaniac cluster and selling my watchers eye to get a 10% of max mana as es. Then dropping discipline and enlighten....10% max mana watchers eye would be way better than discipline right? 300ish es vs 260 and not mana reserve?
Also cwdt is a .25s cooldown meaning it will only cast ball lightning 4 times a second.

Wouldn't an aoe that does everything in a larger radius than icestorm be way more beneficial? If you're getting shot off screen the first hit is what will be the issue...not the 2nd hit.

What about wave of conviction??? Then we suddenly have a slot open up in our cwdt and immortal call setup. (Looks like it resets itself and can't have more than 1 active at a time)

Am I missing how ball lightning functions?

What's the radius of the damage from each ball??
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Oct 11, 2020, 9:37:50 PM
I would actually be half tempted to test using a lvl 4 phantasmal wave of conviction in the chest and see how far each wave travels.

If it does free up a slot in gloves for another gem (maybe clarity) that would be huge.

Think about it....you are usually standing on the boss and it will apply cold exposure to everything far more frequently.
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
"
Akisailent wrote:
Pog

:D

That will help with the str and Dex req ;)

Cracked 15k es and 3.8k int

I'm going to try essence spamming my amulet I bricked a few times to atleast get int% and flat int lol

Another option is to get a 15% implicit amulet and just use that for the base. You won't get the damage per int or %int but it would come with 18% int right away and a chance to get a lot of flat int on it with resists if you need it still.
Last edited by motokorth on Oct 11, 2020, 10:09:35 PM
"
motokorth wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
"
Akisailent wrote:
Pog

:D

That will help with the str and Dex req ;)

Cracked 15k es and 3.8k int

I'm going to try essence spamming my amulet I bricked a few times to atleast get int% and flat int lol

Another option is to get a 15% implicit amulet and just use that for the base. You won't get the damage per int or %int but it would be easier to get something nice to get going..

I've already got 3 amulets of different variations currently haha

They are so easy to make.

I'm trying to go for both attributes and 1% damage per 15 though.

I might just put my zealotry has 24% reduced mana reserved amulet on that has 16% int and 1% damage per 15 int.

Amulets have been the breakdown of me this league...

It's just not worth using 18% synth amulet when you can force 36 int implicit with a total of 25% int then whatever other random rolls happen.
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Oct 11, 2020, 10:12:15 PM
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

force 36 int implicit

Oh how do you do that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info