[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Any tips for crafting the cluster jewels to end up with 3 passives (including cold to the core)?

I've tried (randomly) harvest crafting but it feels no better than just chaos-spamming and hoping to hit the jackpot...
https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Large+Cluster+Jewel

look at the cold dmg mods. looks like your best bet is to alt spam to get cold to the core and then add fire and remove-fire/add-fire to get vengeful commander if that is what you want. vengeful commander is incredibly high weight so that part shouldn't be hard especially sub-75, but yes cold to the core is hard to get. and good luck if you want cold to the core and prismatic/disorienting/widespread.

really though with the price of alts like doubled just spamming harvests when you can and hoping is also valid.
Last edited by kater on Jul 3, 2020, 10:10:57 AM
Well I like the build and I like WI, but Spell Cascade with Icestorm drops my FPS to 30 almost permanently. I noticed the warning in red saying to test with Cyclone and Cast while Channeling, but this is not a sufficient test. I have no performance issues at all UNTIL using Spell Cascade with this setup.

This warning needs to be changed to have people test with Whispering Ice + Cyclone + Cast while Channeling + Spell Cascade. This is where the issues occur.

Think I need to move on from this build before I get too invested due to typical PoE performance problems. Shame as I am having fun with it.

Also I have tried dropping my settings, using Vulkan, changing from Windowed Fullscreen to Fullscreen, nothing makes a difference. Still a consistent 30fps.
"
mattmo wrote:
Well I like the build and I like WI, but Spell Cascade with Icestorm drops my FPS to 30 almost permanently. I noticed the warning in red saying to test with Cyclone and Cast while Channeling, but this is not a sufficient test. I have no performance issues at all UNTIL using Spell Cascade with this setup.

This warning needs to be changed to have people test with Whispering Ice + Cyclone + Cast while Channeling + Spell Cascade. This is where the issues occur.

Think I need to move on from this build before I get too invested due to typical PoE performance problems. Shame as I am having fun with it.

Also I have tried dropping my settings, using Vulkan, changing from Windowed Fullscreen to Fullscreen, nothing makes a difference. Still a consistent 30fps.

Other people are farming Sirus 8 and Uber Elder with 10-15 FPS with this build (without Spell Cascade btw) and you don't like having "consistent" 30 FPS, lol, i wish i had "consistent" 30 FPS
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Other people are farming Sirus 8 and Uber Elder with 10-15 FPS with this build (without Spell Cascade btw) and you don't like having "consistent" 30 FPS, lol, i wish i had "consistent" 30 FPS

This reply made me laugh, lol honestly I feel like I should just keep playing it if this is true. And seeing your current character who is pretty crazy geared and almost 100.... yeah maybe 20-30 fps isn't so bad :P
Last edited by mattmo on Jul 3, 2020, 2:39:14 PM
"
mattmo wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

This reply made me laugh, lol honestly I feel like I should just keep playing it if this is true. And seeing your current character who is pretty crazy geared and almost 100.... yeah maybe 20-30 fps isn't so bad :P

Legit question here, at what point is this possible? The whole farming Sirus 8 and Uber Elder? Is there a benchmark damage threshold and ES pool needed to manage kills especially with low FPS? I did Sirus 6 last night and constantly got obliterated in the last phase. I almost had him down and burned my last portal. Between low frames, tons of visual clutter from storm, the one use of frostblink/awkward use of cyclone and (Flame)Dash, it feels pretty rough. I know I'm nowhere near done gearing, but before I spend more money finalizing my chest and getting a hunter orb for the %int slam on my helm, I'd like to know if I'm getting close or not.
Last edited by omglapizza on Jul 3, 2020, 3:03:03 PM
"
Breken wrote:
I have to give mad props to the people who came up with the Hatred Variant last league. It wasn't worth it to me at the time with all the crazy split personality stuff. But that extra 30% more multiplier from Hatred and the two Vengeful commander/Cold to the core jewels REALLY helps push the damage back to where it was.

Framerate with Vulkan is noticeably better with the newest NVIDIA drivers, and I'm not noticing horrible lag even with spell cascade on laggy maps.

I'm almost fully geared, just need a %int on my body armor, and a bit of ring tweaking. After that the only upgrade is the endless grind into mirror tier body armor and amulets, and the stupidly expensive Emperor's Mastery Jewel.

Oh, and I can confirm that HexBreaker is 100% useless for map curse mods. Just tried it and the curse didn't even flicker.

Stay frosty Icestormers.

Would you happen to have a build guide or PoB for the Hatred variant?
"
mattmo wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

I did a few level 100 chars for leagues now at 10 FPS with 40/40 challenges done every league so i am getting used with it even if i am pissed sometimes seeing other people doing the same content with way less gear and less visual clutter and even use Awakened Spell Cascade in their setup.

But this is life... a new top rig is not in my current priorities and i love the build too much to be stopped playing it by absurd low FPS :)

"
omglapizza wrote:

Legit question here, at what point is this possible? The whole farming Sirus 8 and Uber Elder? Is there a benchmark damage threshold and ES pool needed to manage kills especially with low FPS? I did Sirus 6 last night and constantly got obliterated in the last phase. I almost had him down and burned my last portal. Between low frames, tons of visual clutter from storm, the one use of frostblink/awkward use of cyclone and (Flame)Dash, it feels pretty rough. I know I'm nowhere near done gearing, but before I spend more money finalizing my chest and getting a hunter orb for the %int slam on my helm, I'd like to know if I'm getting close or not.

People are doing Sirus 8 with no issues with this build with 11-12k ES and around 2400-2500 Intelligence.
I can tell you that i can survive the 3rd phase triple beam taking it straight in the face with my flasks up (Wise Oak/Sulphur/Basalt) with 17-18K ES i have now. Meteor can be more deadly especially in the third phase it can hit you for more than 25K ES, i tested it previous league where my char had "only" 34K ES :))

Uber Elder is way easier if you know the fight you can do it with 10-11K ES and around 2000 Intelligence.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jul 3, 2020, 3:25:05 PM
"
judgmental wrote:

https://pastebin.com/Gv4aTpEh

There was a lot of theory crafting last league, and I think LiNGeN came up with the idea and 3.10 tree (there were several of us making new trees, and such)

This current tree/variant is 100% stolen from an adapted tree that Lilianmarius posted once we heard that we were limited to 2 SP jewels. That tree was adapted from one of the two main variants of the final tree of 3.10. Anyway, it gives up a bit of defense (flesh and stone) for more damage.

Someone also had a question about Frostblink. It's totally dependent on personal taste, but frostblink is an instant skill and as such fires off much quicker than flame dash when using cyclone. It also chills, can trigger bonechill, and arcane surge, and does more damage (not really enough to matter, but hey). The drawback is that it has a cooldown and only 1 charge. That drawback is largely negated if you are using "The Stampede" boots since they have a massive cooldown recovery on them for movement skills.
Last edited by Breken on Jul 3, 2020, 3:56:07 PM
"
Breken wrote:
"
judgmental wrote:

https://pastebin.com/Gv4aTpEh

There was a lot of theory crafting last league, and I think LiNGeN came up with the idea and 3.10 tree (there were several of us making new trees, and such)

This current tree/variant is 100% stolen from an adapted tree that Lilianmarius posted once we heard that we were limited to 2 SP jewels. That tree was adapted from one of the two main variants of the final tree of 3.10. Anyway, it gives up a bit of defense (flesh and stone) for more damage.

Someone also had a question about Frostblink. It's totally dependent on personal taste, but frostblink is an instant skill and as such fires off much quicker than flame dash when using cyclone. It also chills, can trigger bonechill, and arcane surge, and does more damage (not really enough to matter, but hey). The drawback is that it has a cooldown and only 1 charge. That drawback is largely negated if you are using "The Stampede" boots since they have a massive cooldown recovery on them for movement skills.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info