[3.10] Brittleknee’s Unstable Spirits - An All Content, Defensive, Alternative to Pure-DPS SRS.

"
"The new jewel will bring us down to a 2 second Detonation which will sharply increase DPS, but also must go in the same place the Legion jewel would, so it would be a ‘choose one or the other’ situation"

Name of this new jewel?

Fortress Covenant
Not seeing why this is good for the build, from what i understand minion life = dmg, they wont need block and with the ammy and or gem they die quite fast anyways. Wouldnt a high minion dmg 80% life timeless be way more damage?
"
Not seeing why this is good for the build, from what i understand minion life = dmg, they wont need block and with the ammy and or gem they die quite fast anyways. Wouldnt a high minion dmg 80% life timeless be way more damage?

There's a few ways to scale, for sure.

The timeless jewel converts everything in the area for 80% minion life, and that means covering up the block wheel and other important notables and nodes. So it is good damage, but there's a significant cost. Minion life is not, however, the only way to scale MI damage.

Fortress Covenant only changes the notables, and doesn't involve some of the important defensive nodes. Similarly, scaling detonations per second is also a significant DPS increase. It's not about the block or other explicits on the jewel, it's about the increased damage taken. The difference between a 2.6 and a 2 second detonation is huge. It's to the point of even with spell echo or unleash and the helmet enchant, you may struggle to hit minion cap, they will be exploding so quickly. Faster detonations also means faster clear and a decrease in those awkward moments waiting for minions to detonate while mobs are attacking you.

I personally will be scaling the build for detonations per second, but I mentioned the timeless jewel in the 'Improving Further' section so people could make their own decisions. The two jewels are mutually exclusive and occupy the same jewel slot, so it's one or the other.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Sep 16, 2019, 10:26:33 PM
"
brittleknee wrote:
"

There's a few ways to scale, for sure.

The timeless jewel converts everything in the area for 80% minion life, and that means covering up the block wheel and other important notables and nodes. So it is good damage, but there's a significant cost. Minion life is not, however, the only way to scale MI damage.

Fortress Covenant only changes the notables, and doesn't involve some of the important defensive nodes. Similarly, scaling detonations per second is also a significant DPS increase. It's not about the block or other explicits on the jewel, it's about the increased damage taken. The difference between a 2.6 and a 2 second detonation is huge. It's to the point of even with spell echo or unleash and the helmet enchant, you may struggle to hit minion cap, they will be exploding so quickly. Faster detonations also means faster clear and a decrease in those awkward moments waiting for minions to detonate while mobs are attacking you.

I personally will be scaling the build for detonations per second, but I mentioned the timeless jewel in the 'Improving Further' section so people could make their own decisions. The two jewels are mutually exclusive and occupy the same jewel slot, so it's one or the other.

I used Tavukai plus Infernal Legion Gem (no quality!) to scale the detonations/second because I have a 7-Link Helmet. The maximum RS I can have active are ~8 RS at the moment while casting the whole time.
The cast time of my SRS is currently 2.86 casts/second that means my live 2.8 seconds before detonating.

But anyways I think you definitely need at least two out of the three (Tavukai, Fortress Covenant and Infernal Legion Support) to make the detonations feel good. Maybe I will try all 3 the next days to get the detonation time lower.
Hi Brittleknee,

I first want to thank you for creating the guides and also a little /wave to huy :)

I started this league (after skipping the last few leagues) as a spectre summoner but soon was thinking about other skills when I got my first ele reflect maps and i found your guide.
I had a lot of time the last 2 weeks so i could play a lot and get all the items you suggested.
The build works good for mapping (spectres is stronger here i believe if it's no elemental reflect :) ) and is a very strong bosskiller.
I made a uber elder video yesterday which was my first ever uber elder attempt (I knew the mechanics and watched a 2 min speed kill video before).
Video of a bad player, sorry for the loud music :)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482823859?t=43m57s

I practically followed your guide step by step and adjusted your tree minimally in the Spiritual Command area and I switched to mystic bulwark like utz84 suggested).

Here is my pastebin as of 2019/09/18:

https://pastebin.com/VFqmAAJZ

For mapping I'm trying out different spell setups, the core is
SRS - Minion Life - Minion Damage - Unleash/Spell Echo.
For mapping I'm using Infernal Legion + Inc AoE and for bosses Elemental Focus + Conc Effect.

Unleash seems to be better for bossfights when you have to move constantly, spell echo is probably better when you can stay stationary.

A few thoughts:
-Skitterbots: I tried out Skitterbots too which pushed my damage significantly but i got random oneshotted sometimes when i started using them.
I was thinking maybe it had something to do with chain but a fried said the bots are not targetable. But what do I know, maybe they just reserved too much mana.
-Life version: I'm thinking about switching to a full life version so that i can use my mana for some nice auras, is that viable for srs?
Another option would be going srs in a nice elder +2/3 minion helmet.
-Siegebreaker belt: I didn't try it out yet because i would have to replace more jewelry etc.
-Anointments: I first used Ravenous Horde, trying out Gravepact atm.

Kind regards
Last edited by Marcks on Sep 18, 2019, 3:22:30 AM
"
Marcks wrote:
Hi Brittleknee,

I first want to thank you for creating the guides and also a little /wave to huy :)

I started this league (after skipping the last few leagues) as a spectre summoner but soon was thinking about other skills when I got my first ele reflect maps and i found your guide.
I had a lot of time the last 2 weeks so i could play a lot and get all the items you suggested.
The build works good for mapping (spectres is stronger here i believe if it's no elemental reflect :) ) and is a very strong bosskiller.
I made a uber elder video yesterday which was my first ever uber elder attempt (I knew the mechanics and watched a 2 min speed kill video before).
Video of a bad player, sorry for the loud music :)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482823859?t=43m57s

I practically followed your guide step by step and adjusted your tree minimally in the Spiritual Command area and I switched to mystic bulwark like utz84 suggested).

Here is my pastebin as of 2019/09/18:

https://pastebin.com/VFqmAAJZ

For mapping I'm trying out different spell setups, the core is
SRS - Minion Life - Minion Damage - Unleash/Spell Echo.
For mapping I'm using Infernal Legion + Inc AoE and for bosses Elemental Focus + Conc Effect.

Unleash seems to be better for bossfights when you have to move constantly, spell echo is probably better when you can stay stationary.

A few thoughts:
-Skitterbots: I tried out Skitterbots too which pushed my damage significantly but i got random oneshotted sometimes when i started using them.
I was thinking maybe it had something to do with chain but a fried said the bots are not targetable. But what do I know, maybe they just reserved too much mana.
-Life version: I'm thinking about switching to a full life version so that i can use my mana for some nice auras, is that viable for srs.
Another option would be going srs in a nice elder +2/3 minion helmet.
-Siegebreaker belt: I didn't try it out yet because i would have to replace more jewelry etc.

Kind regards

Auras like Anger do not scale MI, so I pulled back buffing anything but the explosions themselves in this particular build and focused on defenses.

You are not going to be at the appropriate ratio of Life to Mana if using Skitterbots, which is why you were getting oneshot. If you're reserving anything as a MoM build, you have to accommodate that accordingly. For 5211 Life you'll need a minimum of 2233 Mana Unreserved. This can be less if you have powerful sources of mana recovery, such as % Mana recover on Skill Clarity Watcher's Eye. So if you want the damage from then, you've got to fiddle with the tree a bit.

Congratulations on Uber Elder! A kill is a kill, clean or not. A job well done.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Sep 19, 2019, 7:17:16 AM
Hello,

What's the reasoning behind not including Infernal Legion in the 6L ?

"
Naavala wrote:
Hello,

I think to have 1 more damage support like elemetal focus or conc effect.

But I`m not sure if this is worth it. I`m using fortress covenant in combination with Tavukai to make my RS die. But atm I spend 11 skillpoints in the templar area to get 6 notables for the fortress jewel.
I`m not sure if 11 skillpints somewhere else and infernal legion could get more benefit.

Opinions?

But nevertheless, great build @brittleknee ! ! Its my leagstarter and it is awesome! Thanks!
"
Faliaty wrote:
"
Naavala wrote:
Hello,

I think to have 1 more damage support like elemetal focus or conc effect.

But I`m not sure if this is worth it. I`m using fortress covenant in combination with Tavukai to make my RS die. But atm I spend 11 skillpoints in the templar area to get 6 notables for the fortress jewel.
I`m not sure if 11 skillpints somewhere else and infernal legion could get more benefit.

Opinions?

But nevertheless, great build @brittleknee ! ! Its my leagstarter and it is awesome! Thanks!

Well, the whole thing surely requires balancing between the degen, your cast speed, and their movement speed. It's very individual and gear-dependent. I just updated the spreedsheet with some related calculations. I hope it helps a bit.

If you don't modify fire resistance of Raging Spirits, Infernal Legion detonates them in about 80% of the time needed by Tavukai with -17% to their chaos resistance. But considering a free gem, other Tavukai's stats, and the fact that increasing elemental resistances makes Infernal Legion much worse - I think Tavukai comes out as better if you look at them as alternatives. You'd probably still want to use the jewel anyway, not sure with how many nodes though.

Using Tavukai and Infernal Legion together to save that many points might be reasonable in some cases, but I don't think it usually would be enough to directly make up for the whole lost gem.
Last edited by Xayazi on Sep 20, 2019, 4:51:56 AM
Check my current blight character GiannaOfTheDead for my take on this idea (no MoM). Very different tree and I use zombies for meatshielding and carrion golem for buffing with feeding frenzy. Skitterbots are great and with 6k life + spirit offering cwdt I barely ever die. I think I do a little more damage but maybe more susceptible to one shots? But really almost never die. I've not even bothered to optimize my flasks. But maybe I'll do that now lol. Happy to hear your thoughts on my tree.

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info