Path of Exile: Blight Gem Information

"
yakoob wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:
Spoiler
"
orion314 wrote:

No mate, not wrong, just a different kind of calculation. Ofcorse nobody starts using RF with an lvl 16 character. Rise of the Phoenix and Shavronne's Wrappings are lvl 65; 62 required items. I think, this is the main problem: There arent low lvl items for RF.

And ofcorse in a new league nobody can start with lvl 20 RF gem, so your calculation does not reflect reality. With lover gem lvl its nerf too. And a high lvl RF character with 7705 EHP is useless above tier 5 maps.

Nah mate, definitely misleadingly wrong.

"Different kind of calculations" is like saying it's an alternate truth. No, there is math ..and there is no math.

People most definitely can ( and do ) play RF as soon as it becomes available, and there are entire swaths of gear choices that support it. Pyre and Kikazaru rings are two of the craziest rings to use for RF ..let alone low level RF. Ashcallers are even more amazing now. Springleaf was always amazing.

You want to know the most ridiculous buff to low level RF now? Life flasks. If you only need 2/3 or less of the life you do now to do the same damage ...you can utilize life flasks way more to keep you sustained ...rather than often running into issues where you basically wish there was a passive node for flasks that worked like overleech for slayer. High duration low healing flasks are even more amazing with these changes.

And again, like in all of these other RF doomsday threads / posts ...there's the omission of all the passive / item mod changes that allow players to gear better around RF now compared to before, enabling way more damage options and ceiling. You can straight up buff RF to stupid levels with +skills now ...that opens up a metric ton of options.

The only people that this change hurts are the ones that spend inordinate amounts of EX on gear to achieve solely 15k+ eHP. It's literally a nerf to the 1%. But it doesn't even nerf them ...just their old build setup. Now they can spend the same amount of money on different gear ..to achieve the same ( or better ) level of RF with all the other changes. They just might have to do it without being also relatively immortal because of their stupidly high eHP / defense pool from only stacking a single stat.

Nobody cares about your 6 paragraphs essay about how RF is gonna be the best skill to get thru acts with. It doesnt matter. You spend 10 hours thru the storyline and then u sit 2 months in red maps, deep delve, farming uber elder or whatever ppl do to have fun these days. So yeah its a buff to 10 hours content tops and then u get screwed royaly if u wanna do any type of endgame content. Life RF dmg was bad enough already and required a 100 ex horror+conc+brndmg elder helmet to feel like u r not wasting your time banging head against the wall. No offence dude, but don't try to argue cuz the numbers r against u and u look like a tunnel vision fanboy.
Oh and don't even start with them changes being aimed at LL RF cuz their main chunk of dmg ironically doesn't come from RF.
edit: If all u wanna do is farm t3 glaciers on a 5k hp 50c budget RF character then yeah, awesome changes. But if u wanna do any type of fun endgame content then the math says otherwise.

Oh, thanks man! That's what I wanted to explain! I wonder how much fun it will be to die six times and lose all of the portals befor you culd see Atziri (for example) once in the entire league time if you chouse RF.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Wieze wrote:
Hi,

Does this mean there are three typea of eluaive giving a few common eluaive stats?

Because now we have 3 sources we know off:
- Assassin tree...
- Withering step skill
- Nightblade

But the latter specifies 'elusive gained from supported skills'... Meaning in a way elusive granted only by the skill it supports will have that crit mult buff?
That and the fact that this one gives 100% chance it will probably overrule the assassin one?
And then the withering step one will not grant this crit mult buff?

Thx, if anyone knows?

Elusive on its own only provides (at full strength i.e. when you first gain the buff, and decaying afterwards) 40% movement speed and 20% attack and spell dodge. Any other bonuses you get from those sources only apply when you're using those sources. The Assassin Mistwalker node gives further buffs while you're Elusive, but only if you've taken the node. Same with Withering Step and Nightblade i.e. you need to use those gems. There's only one instance of Elusive, but it gives additional bonuses if you happen to be using those additional things (the Nightblade bonus one will only apply for the skill that Nightblade is attached to). And keep in mind that Withering Step stops working as soon as you do something, so it's not simply a way to refresh Elusive, just to apply Wither and get some extra defense. The intention seems to be to make the assassin playstyle feel like an actual assassin i.e. get in quick (with a full strength Elusive) to quickly do a lot of damage, then get out when the buff degrades a lot and wait for your next opportunity, rinse and repeat. He's not meant to be a sustained tank, and Elusive seems designed to play against that.

Thx man! Good and clear explanation!
very nice skillgems and skillgem reworks.
A
"
JoeShmo wrote:

1. 6 paragraphs does not make it an essay, but at least I know how to use the enter key.

2. Nowhere was it even remotely insinuated that it was about whether or not it was "The best skill" for campaign; way to change the narrative.

3. RF was doing endgame content well before it got buffed in 3.0 ...and later patches. It'll be fine. Life based RF isn't even affected by this change, just ES based RF.

4. Do the numbers.

5. Irony of tunnel vision.

1. All essay needs to be an essay is a thesis, few arguments and a conclusion. 6 paragraphs is more than enough ;)
2. True, but u missed the point.
3. Well depends what u mean by "doing". Most of the builds are phasing it not doing. Life RFs dmg wasn't anywhere near to compete with other builds. ES RF doesnt depend on basic RF as main source of dmg unless you are talking about killing white mobs at map. For rares and bosses ESRF uses SR/VaalRF. The whole point going ES is LL which scales your SR not RF and getting extra bang from your auras which mainly scale your defences not dmg. So your argument is invalid.
4. I did, therefore the conversation ;)
5. I got a feeling this is going nowhere. Clearly you must have been reading the patch notes blindfolded. Take care dude. Good luck at Blight.
Last edited by yakoob on Sep 5, 2019, 4:53:09 PM
Nightblade support will work with facebreaker and rigwald's curse?
Nice!
Can you increase infernal legion aoe with nodes on the tree ?
Last edited by malinVautour on Sep 5, 2019, 6:28:16 PM
WHY DID YOU NOT FIX ANIMATE GUARDIAN...

GGG Just why?... I was fully planning to buy a supporter pack this league... I probably won't now... like no excuse... I should not have to delete my gear for a minion to work, how does "Gear matter" if I have to delete it to use it?... PlZ GGG
all i'm gonna say is bee keeper build just got buffed lol. I can't wait to play it!

the poison lash also sounds nicuuuuuu
Last edited by Xinglifehard on Sep 5, 2019, 6:16:04 PM
WOOWWWWWWW EXCELENT , countdouwm 20 hr :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info