Item lvl and max socket number (GGG atention plz)

I used about 50+
to find out that this cant be 4 socketed by using them... the reason why I trying was I did a checkout in forums for it. I could easily find 30+ of theese helmets with 4 sockets that means I chould be able to role it out.IF item lvl is important when why it is not shown on item description? and IF item lvl is too low to have 4 sockets why it can be found with 4?
You can call me noob as much as you want but this information should be available in game not learned somewhere in the corner of forums.

EDIT
To add to the subject. Game should restrict you from rolling 6 slot item for more slots as in this situation is 3 slots. The same way it is restricting identifying item that was identified.
looks simple and dumb but person investing 100+ curancy on item and finding out about it from other sources then game it self can be disappointed at least. This is a hole in game mechanics that can be easily fixed and will not brake the game
Last edited by Rob_GGG on May 10, 2015, 11:34:22 PM
Well the item lvl of your item is too low for 4 sockets that doesn't mean that the item lvl of all the items of the same kind is too low as well.
I agree. Item Level shouldn't be a hidden property.

iLvl is important enough to justify being in the basic popup. No hotkey hover nonsense, just right there at a glance with everything else that's relevant to the item.

If there's enough room to show usage instructions (and without an option to hide them), there's enough room to show the iLvl.

I hate using /itemlevel on dozens of rings and such when I want to craft.. lift, enter /itemlevel enter, drop, lift, enter up enter, drop, lift, enter up enter, drop, lift, ... Why not just hover, hover, hover, ... :(
if item has max of 3 sockets why rolling of sockets is still available when you get 3? would it brake the game if you could not role socket number again when item has max number of it? I think that could be nice thing that devs could do.... like you cant use identify scroll on identified item...
Out of curiosity... May I ask where you got the info regarding ilevel and max socket rolls? Thanks!
"
1 socket : 1
2 sockets: 1
3 sockets: 15
4 sockets: 28
5 sockets: 35
6 sockets: 50

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Last edited by prh on Mar 16, 2013, 7:07:44 AM
"
_avenged_ wrote:
Out of curiosity... May I ask where you got the info regarding ilevel and max socket rolls? Thanks!

There is a great deal of good information in the Mechanics Thread in Beta General Discussion.

But more specifically, you can find socket information on the Skills Wiki page.
"
Durentis wrote:
I agree. Item Level shouldn't be a hidden property.

iLvl is important enough to justify being in the basic popup. No hotkey hover nonsense, just right there at a glance with everything else that's relevant to the item.

If there's enough room to show usage instructions (and without an option to hide them), there's enough room to show the iLvl.

I hate using /itemlevel on dozens of rings and such when I want to craft.. lift, enter /itemlevel enter, drop, lift, enter up enter, drop, lift, enter up enter, drop, lift, ... Why not just hover, hover, hover, ... :(

^
i agree with everything you said. ilvl is such an important attribute. should be visible.
"
prh wrote:
"
1 socket : 1
2 sockets: 1
3 sockets: 15
4 sockets: 28
5 sockets: 35
6 sockets: 50

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707

"
Durentis wrote:
"
_avenged_ wrote:

There is a great deal of good information in the Mechanics Thread in Beta General Discussion.

But more specifically, you can find socket information on the Skills Wiki page.

Many thanks to both of you! Will read up :)
I think that trying to use curacy item like Jeweller orb on item that has max number of sockets is wrong. It should just not let you. Who going to use jewellers or b on 6 socket item for example? only by mistake or not knowing that it is the limit. Adding simple restriction could save some players interest in game and don't demoralize them by letting them know your a noob you didn't read wall of text about the game mechanics and you wasted all your currency.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info