New Gems for Assassins in Path of Exile: Blight - Part One

Cobra Lash Assassin here I come!

POGGGS!
Wonder if any of these are viable for bosses... seems like you would have to Viper Strike it for single target.

Pest. Strike will be worthless because no novas vs single target, unless its base is stronger than viper which feels unlikely.

Cobra Lash probably gets its damage from the chaining. If its effectively vs bosses it will be insanely overpowered for anything else because it also chains and GMP.

Any skill that you can't use to clear AND kill uniques is kinda awkward because you either swap skills or have multiple ready all the time. Hope Im wrong.
Why make a high level single target melee skill? Pest. Strike WILL NOT BE used, GGG has to know this its simple.

The new phase run, wont get used.

Pretty much only cobra strike will get used and I bet it will have horrible scaling.

Please remove poison from the ascendancy, when you as a company cant balance a mechanic that you make a part of an ascendancy it makes the ascendancy bad. Just remove it and we can still play the ascendancy and arn't at the whim of you all actually balancing something.

Elusive is just another rando mechanic. No one likes random mechanics, also NOT HARD to understand.

Nightblade, maybe with the crit multiple but you have to invest in randomness. WHY?

Pest. Strike should be a support.

Next league will just be minion league, which is good seems the smart developers where put on minion update duty and we got 2015 developers for single target poison??????? thanks.
"
Mdaiber wrote:
Why make a high level single target melee skill? Pest. Strike WILL NOT BE used, GGG has to know this its simple.

Pretty much only cobra strike will get used and I bet it will have horrible scaling.

Please remove poison from the ascendancy, when you as a company cant balance a mechanic that you make a part of an ascendancy it makes the ascendancy bad. Just remove it and we can still play the ascendancy and arn't at the whim of you all actually balancing something.

Elusive is just another rando mechanic. No one likes random mechanics, also NOT HARD to understand.

Nightblade, maybe with the crit multiple but you have to invest in randomness. WHY?

Next league will just be minion league, which is good seems the smart developers where put on minion update duty and we got 2015 developers for single target poison??????? thanks.

cobra strike = chaining spectral throw saves a gemslot and if it gets 3-4 chains it will be op on deadeye

pest strike? Better then viper strike? If yes it will be used

nightblade? Only if you lack crit, so not on a poison assa

Elusive = crap if it cant overwrite( they said normaly not)

As for minion league, 75% of the player base wont touch minions no matter how OP they are.
Cobra Lash look's great but made me a little sad. Because it like my favourite spectral throw skill but it never was been on meta and now Cobra Lash will kill them for good...
Last edited by RocketDragon on Aug 31, 2019, 4:15:25 PM
"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
Mdaiber wrote:

cobra strike = chaining spectral throw saves a gemslot and if it gets 3-4 chains it will be op on deadeye

pest strike? Better then viper strike? If yes it will be used

nightblade? Only if you lack crit, so not on a poison assa

Elusive = crap if it cant overwrite( they said normaly not)

As for minion league, 75% of the player base wont touch minions no matter how OP they are.

Pretty sure most players will touch anything if Mathil makes a build showcasing it and says it's "busted" and cheap. I don't plan on touching minions though. Already done plenty of those and the removal of +2 SS on summoning ruined the instant army build. No buffs to SRS as a skill is a no go there too. Meaning the only two that didn't feel slow/clunky to use aren't seeing improvements. DD will probably be popular though but I would much rather do an Assassin. Just going to depend on the Assassin changes.
"
Zach35142 wrote:
I don't plan on touching minions though. Already done plenty of those and the removal of +2 SS on summoning ruined the instant army build. No buffs to SRS as a skill is a no go there too.
SS will summon 3 skeletons by default and we don't know if SRS is untouched.
Does this mean ethereal knives will be removed? Depending on what level Cobra Lash can be obtained, its now kind of a redundant skill.
"
Xystre wrote:
will calculations with poison get a rework too?

Why would they?

I swear, gamers are the most annoying people on the planet. No pal, they're NOT going to purposely re-break poison calculations so that you can cheese your way through the game again. What could have possibly led you to imagine that they would?
Thought dual Wasp Nest would go good with Cobra lash but compared it to Taproot as dagger choice and Taproot comes out ahead. Just used legacy 3.7 Assassin and tree and only shifted claw and dagger skills leaving life/defense/support nodes the same. Dagger benefits from more crit multi. Plus the leech on Taproot is nice so I don't have to seek it elsewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info